PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In the Second Half Yesterday, the Dominant Pats "Returned"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Was thinking of this throughout the second half yesterday. The Pats, as we all know, established an unprecedented pace & level of furious play over the first half of the season, culminating in the victory over the Colts. Then, they had their bye.

After the bye, there was a much-hyped prime time game against the Bills, winners of 4 straight. It was almost like the nation needed a quick reminder of what they hadn't seen the previous week--the result, the Pats beat Buffalo by about 400.

At that point, I really do think, for the first time, the Patriots came down, just a bit, mentally. That furious fever-pitch is just so hard to sustain. And I think when Samuel started the Eagles game with a pick TD, that probably added to it. The amazing thing about this team so far is how they're able to not let up (60 minutes!) when you see teams with big first half leads let up all the time. And for a couple of games, the Pats game didn't have that rhythm, that sureness that it had over the first half, particularly offensively.

Then, in the 2nd half yesterday, it all started to click. I remember thinking as I watched, yup, they're back. And now that it's back, it's not going away again.

NO INJURIES!! Because this team is doing it if they stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back