Welcome to PatsFans.com

In The Name Of Islam

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +983 / 2 / -9

2. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

piece of S unibrow muslim terrorists. somebody asked me in another thread my definition of a terrorist. one of my answers was that they would probably be muslim. ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!! these animals need to be hung in cages around london and left to rot.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Back in the 70's, if you asked a Londoner what a terrorist was, they'd say, "....well, he'd probably be a Catholic Irishman...."

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Here we go again, don't say anything against Islam or we get the predictable responses.

Tim McVeigh
    Terry Nichols
    Eric Rudolph
    IRA
    Some tigers ****
    :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

They have an excuse for Islam all the time.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

Of course, from the Arab perspective, with tens of thousands killed by unnecessary American agression, they probably see the United States as terrorist. So, the definition of terrorist very much depends where you are sitting. If you're a member of Al Qaeda, you're fighting for Islam. If you're a citizen of the United States, you're protecting American interests. Both sides kill unnecessarily; both sides lie; and it's awfully hard to say who started it, but now that it's started we have to find a way to make peace or win. Obviously, our efforts at winning are not succeeding. Maybe a serious push for peace and diplomacy will marginalize the extremists, including those who call themselves American. The good news here is that we have democracy so can disempower the extremists here, but with Al Qaeda and other extremist Arab groups we'll have to use a combination of carrot and stick diplomacy.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +983 / 2 / -9

Thats exactly right, it's a whole new world now though.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +983 / 2 / -9

The time bomb is ticking, they have patience, they will sit and wait ten years to blow one building up, death means nothing to them, they welcome death as along as they can take some of their HATED infedels with them.

How do you negotiate with "animal people" that still stone human beings to death and carve human heads off another human being who is still alive, screaming and gurgling blood.

George Bush is no bargain but I'll take Bush and the US Marines any day compared to these shreaking murdering bastards.

:bricks:

8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yea, times have changed, eh?!! Now both the Irish and the English have to deal with the same extremist element that wants to annihilate them both!! Interesting way to bring about Eire/Anglo unity!!

//

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

I don't know, Harry, but they would see people like you as their mirror image. They would see you as imperialist, solely interested in their oil, intentionally fueling conflict in their region to keep them down (which is exactly what the Colonialists did), and launching a war that inserts tragic images on their tvs every single day. So, if they are correct about you, how should they deal with it? What should they do? On the other hand, if they are wrong about you, then isn't it possible that you are wrong about them? Of course, there is a criminal element there just as there is one here. That's a separate problem but it's generally dealt with by having strong governments that don't feel threatened, not weak and terrified governments.

10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh isn't that cute!

So...what's your excuse for all the little terrorist type attacks before we ever did anything?

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

The history of the Arab-Christian conflict goes back centuries and centuries, and most of the modern conflict is rooted in Colonialism. The reason the Middle East is a mess today is because of Britain, France, Spain, and a few other Colonialists. They made a terrible mess of the Middle East and Africa (which, for instance, thanks to the Colonialists has 9 land locked countries). The Arabs today see us light of Colonialism.

But, we can go back to the year 700 and the Arab conquest of Spain or go back to the age of the Roman Conquest or even Alexander the Great. Who's at fault? Probably a couple of cavemen 10,000 years ago who could not agree to share a piece of land. The blame game really doesn't work. This is an ancient problem that will only be resolved through peaceful methods. It's a fact that war has not worked in the Middle East, and today's terrorists, no matter which side you're on, is simply history repeating itself.

12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ummm...didn't the post you made I was responding to specifically say "Americans as terrorists"? I believe it did. So that's what I was asking.

If you're going to change directions and go back to the year 700 and talk about Spain, or bring the ancient Greeks into it, you should really put on your turn signal first, okay?

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

Since you didn't understand my previous post, I'm not sure you'll understand this one, but I hope you do.

Just as you look at the Arab world (or Middle East) as a single entity, the Arab world looks at the West as a single entity. It's not them against the United States; it's them against western values, and we oppose their values.

So, when you ask, "What's your excuse for all the little terrorist type attacks before we ever did anything?," we are part of the West and have been for a long time. So, they blame Colonialism, and let's remember that Colonial attitudes are what led the west, including the United States, to support the establishment of Israel on Arab lands. (I support Israel's right to exist, but would have opposed it at that time. It should have been put in Germany.) You have to learn to look at history as history, not as isolated events; it's all part of a continuum. Both sides are equally qualified to blame the other.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"Islam"? What is "Islam"? Do you know?

Let me help...The word "Islam" means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to God. An adherent of Islam is known as a Muslim, meaning "one who submits to God." But you want to make the word Islam and Muslim into some kind of evil force populated by psychotic maniacs who want to kill everyone who doesn't submit to their religion.

I don't make excuses for Islam any more than I would make excuses for "Christianity" or any other religion. All religions are inexcusable, in my book.

Muslim extremists are total friggin azzholes. They have no business in today's world. Especially the ones who don't blow up buildings and marketplaces. Anyone establishing cultist philosophies a means of government needs to be put in jail or killed...I don't care what happens to them.

I was just making a point on how society's view of who's a "terrorist" today is different from who was a terrorist 20 years ago and who's a terrorist 20 years from now. Of course you had to make it something that it wasn't and paint anyone who doesnt agree with your incoherent spasms as some kind of apologist or traitor.

15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +212 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not to fret libs, they'll be another post coming about some GI scaring a kid or something. Hope for it to come soon before too much is made of these victims of American Imperialism. Perhaps some counseling and anger mangement classes for them would do the trick. Or is that to harsh?

God damn America, land that I hate
    Don't stand behind her and blame her for
    everything bad thing anyone ever does...Everybody, one more time!!!

God damn America, land that I hate
    Don't stand behind her and blame her for
    everything bad thing anyone ever does

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You think that "Eire/Anglo unity" (whatever that is) is due to Muslim Extremists? The notion that the Irish people and English people are unified on T.W.O.T. is false. They are not. Never have been involved in Iraq and vehemently opposed it. I can tell you that the Irish people scratch their heads at how we got caught up in this mess.

The end of the Troubles in Northern Ireland came about by reconciliation between the Catholics and Pretestants of Northern Ireland as the parties decided that they could no longer allow religion to keep them divided. It had nothing to do with "threats" from Muslim extremists.