PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In the last 3 games we've played the Colts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going to keep crying about the refs? For chrissake, we sound like the trolls that come on here accusing the refs of being in Brady's pocket. Here's a better idea: let's start discussiing the Jets and quit crying about the refs. I didn't see the refs complete touchdown passes to Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon. I saw Peyton Manning do that.

Why shouldnt we? There obviously seems to be a pattern occuring here. Not to mention that in two of those games one can say that the Colts won as a direct result of the poor officiating.

In the 2006 AFCC game there was the facegaurding call against Hobbs and non PI call against Kelvin Hayden on Caldwell in the endzone. That possibly resulted in a 8 point swing in favor of the Colts.

In 2007 the pats were penalized 10 times for 150 yards compared to 4 times for 25 for the Colts. One of which was a PI call against Hobbs on Wayne that was questioned so much that Periera had to discuss it the next week. And he could not come up with valid reason to justify it.

In 2008 we had the late hit by Dave Thomas. That play seemed a bit much for a game so close. I've seen worse hits after whistle

and then this past Sunday. If the PI is not called against Butler, which it shouldnt have, then the Colts more then likely dont score to bring the deficit to 6 by the 2 minute mark. That completely changes how the final two minutes are played.

You're right though, it does makes us sound like a bunch of crybaby trolls. And considering all of the crying Colts fans did in 2003-04 it makes us look like hypocrites. But the one thing that irks me is how the calls seems to go the way of the Colts after Bill Polian did all of his complaing. I dont think for one second that the Colts are bribing the refs or anything, but is it possible that all of that complaing has stuck around in the heads of the officials and possible make them give any close calls to the Colts. ALmost like, "well, alot of people say the Pats DB's are to physical, so maybe it it PI."

Last edited:
This is just a fact of playing the Colts. It is like playing Duke in college basketball - you know going in they are going to get calls.

It is something the Pats know is going to happen. The coaches no doubt spend the week preaching to the players that they are going to get the short end of some calls and they just need to play through it.

This is just a fact of playing the Colts. It is like playing Duke in college basketball - you know going in they are going to get calls.

It is something the Pats know is going to happen. The coaches no doubt spend the week preaching to the players that they are going to get the short end of some calls and they just need to play through it.

Agreed. Peyton gets a lot of calls as do his wideouts.

Despite their star power, the Patriots do not get such calls.

Moss has never gotten PI calls from the refs, and if anything, he's more a target to be called for offensive pass interference. Moss has been successful inspite of a lot of contact from the DBs, so refs let them play.

Porter's comments about Brady have also made it less likely the refs pull the trigger on RTP against him. The Colts went low and went helmet to helmet against him, both uncalled.

More than anything though, I think home field is the biggest factor in influencing the refs, and we've played Indy on their turf the last several years.

Last edited:
Plus having rules changed because their wussy receivers got their jersey's dirty. We still take it to'm everytime. I do believe Colts come to NE next couple yrs so that'll change real fast.

Can we please stop with the conspiracy theory stuff? Lest we not forget a couple "questionable" roughing the passer calls in a certain Pats vs Ravens game this year. One of those was as egregious as anything in the Colts game.

Both of those roughing calls kept drives that resulted in TDs. Everyone gets good calls, everyone gets bad calls.

Can we please stop with the conspiracy theory stuff? Lest we not forget a couple "questionable" roughing the passer calls in a certain Pats vs Ravens game this year. One of those was as egregious as anything in the Colts game.

Both of those roughing calls kept drives that resulted in TDs. Everyone gets good calls, everyone gets bad calls.

Hold on DarkShadow. Not sure what others truly think but when over a 4 game period, the visiting team is assesed 201 more penalty yards than the other team, it deserves further examination and analysis.

To dismiss it without looking at the road vs home penalties for Pats vs Colts and comare that to the league ave home/away is not doing their due dilligence.

My. 02$

Who said anything about a conspiracy? Again, it's more likely human nature--being swayed by the home crowd, but particularly so in such a high-profile game, and perhaps even more so because of a loudmouth like Polian.

Advanced NFL Stats: Fumbles, Penalties, and Home Field Advantage

The link above shows that for the 2006 regular season the home team average 5.8 penalties for 48.1 yards compared to 62/50.1 for the visitors, easily explained by crowd noise affecting false starts, delays, etc. The Colts/Pats disparity is markedly different. Make of it what you will--you say it's meaningless?

I didn't see the refs complete touchdown passes to Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon. I saw Peyton Manning do that.

bradypunchsm.gif

The comments under that video are the best. Especially the one that said that the Colts were robbed in the 2004 playfs. LMFAO!!

robbed in Asscheatusetts.. that's priceless. :rofl:

Last edited:
It's happened far to regularly against the Colts now for the past 4 years for it to be isolated incidents. There needs to be a Senate Committee and wide spread enquiry into match fixing by officials in favour of the Colts in Indianapolis against the Patriots. :p

Last edited:
This is what I still don't understand over the last 3 years.

I know the schedule has always put New England against Indy the last few years but why has it made the game take place in Indy? For atleast 3 years on the trot now, the game has been played in Indy and not in Foxboro, why the hell is that? I don't have a problem playing the Colts but I do have a problem playing them on the road every year.

I understand that if both teams win their division, they play again next season but the game will finally take place in Foxboro but why hasn't that been the case once in the last 3 years?

Last edited:

I know the schedule has always put New England against Indy the last few years but why has it made the game take place in Indy? For atleast 3 years on the trot now, the game has been played in Indy and not in Foxboro, why the hell is that? I don't have a problem playing the Colts but I do have a problem playing them on the road every year.

I understand that if both teams win their division, they play again next season but the game will finally take place in Foxboro but why hasn't that been the case once in the last 3 years?

This has been explained WAYYYYY too many times on here. Look around the forum and you'll find your answer.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...patriots-indy-three-years-straight-page2.html

Tells me that all 3 games have been Indy. Home teams are always penalized less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back