PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In-Stadium TV (other NFL Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
At the Miami game I rented the handheld DirecTV unit at halftime (Pats were up big as you may recall) for $15 and thought it worked pretty well. Right now its available at Miami, Washington, Seattle and Houston. You can easily navigate to any game going on, check stats (for fantasy purposes) and even see 30 seconds of replay.

I can see this being quite popular with gamblers and fantasy players. If it works from your tailgate area (not sure how strong the signal is) then this would be great for those at the 4:00/4:15 games (usually west coast). You can usually find tailgaters that bring their portable DirecTV dish and watch other games (though at New England this past Sunday I only saw people with antennas, thus only able to watch the network broadcast game) but this allows you to wear it around your neck and check on any game at anytime. There's even a red zone alert to let you know when a team might be scoring soon.

Within the game you often don't get to see a replay that you'd like to but since almost every play is replayed on TV you can see it again and probably get a better view than with your naked eye. Its also cool to hear the commentary as well especially when they report on an injured player or discuss a rule.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that and recommend trying it for yourself if you end up in any of those stadiums that currently have it. I believe they hope to have it across the league by next year.

http://www.kangaroo.tv/NFL/index.html

http://www.realcities.com/mld/miami...htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_technology

At the Miami game I rented the handheld DirecTV unit at halftime (Pats were up big as you may recall) for $15 and thought it worked pretty well. Right now its available at Miami, Washington, Seattle and Houston. You can easily navigate to any game going on, check stats (for fantasy purposes) and even see 30 seconds of replay.

I can see this being quite popular with gamblers and fantasy players. If it works from your tailgate area (not sure how strong the signal is) then this would be great for those at the 4:00/4:15 games (usually west coast). You can usually find tailgaters that bring their portable DirecTV dish and watch other games (though at New England this past Sunday I only saw people with antennas, thus only able to watch the network broadcast game) but this allows you to wear it around your neck and check on any game at anytime. There's even a red zone alert to let you know when a team might be scoring soon.

Within the game you often don't get to see a replay that you'd like to but since almost every play is replayed on TV you can see it again and probably get a better view than with your naked eye. Its also cool to hear the commentary as well especially when they report on an injured player or discuss a rule.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that and recommend trying it for yourself if you end up in any of those stadiums that currently have it. I believe they hope to have it across the league by next year.

http://www.kangaroo.tv/NFL/index.html

http://www.realcities.com/mld/miami...htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_technology

It's good for tailgating, sure, but if you seriously need to rent a TV to watch another game while your at an NFL stadium, there's something wrong with the game you're watching. Which also means you wasted your money to go to the stadium in the first place.

I disagree. The TV timeouts, injury timeouts, ref reviews, etc. leave a lot of idle time while you are at the game.

What about when you have to go to the bathroom or get a beer and the line is very long? At least you can see what is going on and not just wonder.

And yes sometimes the game you are at is essentially over in the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back