Welcome to PatsFans.com

In-stadium repalys?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by strongside, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongside

strongside Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Anyone else notice a lack of replays at the stadium last night? Seemed like even the slighest close call was not shown. Not sure if this is a NFL directive or not.

I didn't realize how bad the welker hit was until I got home. It was a tough play to see live. Would have like to see it again and voice my displeasure.

2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Re: In Stadium repalys?

They are not going to show something like that on the jumbo tron for everyone to see and squirm over if they can help it. I am sure one or two wind up getting shown but I think back to them showing Seau's arm on the Jumbo and think that had to have been a mistake.

As far as the close plays go I think the stadium operators have control over what to show. If the NFL has a hand I have not heard of it. Usually the way replays go is you don't show a close play if it is something the opponent might challenge so they dont get a look and you try to show close plays if BB might want to challenge. But it also takes time to que up the replay and the decisions usually need to be made before a replay would be shown but if there is a break in action the Jumbo tron can come in handy (but should only be for the home team).

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,286 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

There were several plays I wanted to see again that weren't shown. Someone was asleep at the wheel, or they were having technical issues. They also were not consistent about posting updates on the other games.

4. nepatz11

nepatz11 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I did notice this and found it really annoying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.