PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In regards to FA what will the Patriots brass do now?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

In regards to FA what will the Patriots brass do now?

• Will trade a team player for player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What will BB and FO do now in FA? - Quit and wait or continue the assault

For the most part, not too much. I'm actually curious what's going to happen with Samuel, whether they're just going to keep him for the Franchise Tag (and hope to reach a long term agreement) or if they're going to trade him.

And if they do sign Stallworth (unlikely but who knows) and Welker, it's a safe bet that after the season Brady said to Belichick "I'm off to Pebble Beach and Europe; when I return you'd better have gotten me some f*cking receivers who can get open".

I think BB and SP have filled all the holes that can't be filled in the draft. If any bargains come along that will add defensive depth and to the WR core they will look at them.

They've patched some of their biggest needs..

RB - Sammy Morris
WR - Wes Welker
LB - Adalius Thomas
CB - Asante Samuel tagged

This couldn't have made more sense or played out better to me.

Now your not dependant on rookies, rather if their draft picks "pan out" it will only improve the team.

I think BB and SP have filled all the holes that can't be filled in the draft. If any bargains come along that will add defensive depth and to the WR core they will look at them.

They've patched some of their biggest needs..

RB - Sammy Morris
WR - Wes Welker
LB - Adalius Thomas
CB - Asante Samuel tagged

This couldn't have made more sense or played out better to me.

Now your not dependant on rookies, rather if their draft picks "pan out" it will only improve the team.

We might be able to add Stallworth to WR group...Who would have thought:)

I believe Wilfork is signed through 2009 on his rookie contract and I don't think the Pats are going to give him a raise until the year before at the earliest. Unless I missed something?

Sit and wait till the bargain basement dwellers are left
Well, that's the usual M.O.
Continue shopping the league with a Sax 5th avenue spenditure
I'm sorry, what language is this?
Will stop and save $$ for draft
I'm sure the front office will continue to sign free agents until there is no cap money left, and will trade the entire 2007 draft for XFL memorabilia.
Will resign all players on roster that need restructuring (Wilfork,Samuel)
Yes, all players will be re-signed, after all available XFL memorabilia is acquired.
Will trade a team player for player
You've got it! They will trade the entire team, player for player, to the Raiders!

Wow.

Last edited:
I'm sure the front office will continue to sign free agents until there is no cap money left, and will trade the entire 2007 draft for XFL memorabilia.
Yes, all players will be re-signed, after all available XFL memorabilia is acquired.

Wow.

Hey! I kinda liked the XFL, No fair catches, etc. Much better than that poor excuse for a league the AFL for spring football.:cool:

Hey! I kinda liked the XFL, No fair catches, etc. Much better than that poor excuse for a league the AFL for spring football.:cool:

I actually have a hat from every XFL team...they're hanging to my right as I type. :D

I also have a stadium coat from the Las Vegas Outlaws; it's kept me warm in the parking lot @ Foxboro more than once!

I actually have a hat from every XFL team...they're hanging to my right as I type. :D

I also have a stadium coat from the Las Vegas Outlaws; it's kept me warm in the parking lot @ Foxboro more than once!

How many XFL players are still in the NFL...Any? - He Hate me guy was for a while with Carolina I beleive

Corey Ivy...Kevin Kaesviharn...I dunno if there are any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes