PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In praise of Varitek

He called a great game today.

Veritek sucks and is an anchor hanging around the team. He's just plain greedy seeking a paycheck when he can't produce. Masterson and Lester would pitch as well with any catcher. I see Darrik Lowe hasn't lost much since he left the Sox.

He called a great game today.

Gee, he really is a horrible catcher. I'm sure having Cash behind the plate today would have resulted in a much better game.

Gee, he really is a horrible catcher. I'm sure having Cash behind the plate today would have resulted in a much better game.

I guess I should be clearer in my sarcasm. Since this thread is full of usual "called a great game" "masterfully called the game," then I guess he called a crappy one today? Is that how it works. Because when the Red Sox win, we hear this voodoo-ish vague "called a great game."

But I guess today was Lester's fault. When he or another pitcher wins, Tek "called a great game".

Even if Cash was out there, I would assume he would look over to the bench before a pitch. Just like Varitek does now, just like he did with Dave Wallace, just like he did all the way back with Joe Kennedy.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back