PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In my Travels

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphen22

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I travel a lot domestically and it sure seems that brady is turning the tide on public opinion. I wear my patriots logo Polo at least once on a given trip and the reactions I get have been overwhelmingly more postive in the last few weeks from passers by.

In Tennessee now, the home of pey pey and I'm surprised at the locals in bars excetera that say he is, either the GOAT or that they want him to win the potential en banc.

I've noticed the same in Arizona and California. Fans of other teams I speak to pretty much see it as the farce it is.

As much as people may want to hate, this witch hunt is the wrong horse to hook your wagon to...you have to willfully profess an ignorance of and disdain for basic science. It's not a good look and most people have figured it out.

The recent events have definitely helped, but if you're removed from ESPN and PFT as an everyday casual football fan in the months of May/June, you aren't even hearing about the amicus briefs. It's not like it's plastered all over the nightly news or anything. As we know, we don't hear about the good stuff on nearly the same level as the bad stuff.

It also doesn't change the fact that the most recent "major" news in this case was the fact that Brady was "re-suspended" and that 2/3 judges ruled against him. That's what continues to dominate the popular opinion. Here in Pittsburgh, the overwhelming feeling is that Brady is definitely guilty, he's wasting the court's time/resources (yes, you read that correctly), and that everyone wants to see it go away with him serving the 4 games. They see the destruction of the phone and the text messages as the smoking gun(s).

Good for you for wearing your polo with the team emblem. I couldn't imagine wearing any Pats gear in this city these days, and I used to all the time. I'd be better off rocking a Vontaze Burfict jersey. No ****.

Always amazed by the vitriol for the Pats wherever I travel.. so the discussion of Deflategate never really enters the conversation, as most of the other markets do not like us (hate us), so discussing anything different rarely enters the conversation...

Was in Seattle last fall, and asked a couple folks how nice it was to seem them honoring Tom Brady with their #12 Seahawks Shirts.. it was funny until someone almost punched me. Some folks have no sense of humor.

images

Always amazed by the vitriol for the Pats wherever I travel.. so the discussion of Deflategate never really enters the conversation, as most of the other markets do not like us (hate us), so discussing anything different rarely enters the conversation...

Was in Seattle last fall, and asked a couple folks how nice it was to seem them honoring Tom Brady with their #12 Seahawks Shirts.. it was funny until someone almost punched me. Some folks have no sense of humor.

images
Can't beat them join them.

The reaction you get around the country all comes down to which teams the pats have beaten the most and/or have a rivalry with. So i would expect most vitriol from fans of the following teans:

-Jets
-Dolphins
-Colts
-seahawks
-broncos
-steelers
-ravens
-bills

Last edited:
The reaction you get around the country all comes down to which teams the pats have beaten the most and/or have a rivalry with. So i would expect most vitriol from fans of the following teans:

-Jets
-Dolphins
-Colts
-seahawks
-broncos
-steelers
-ravens
-bills
I've done a lot of surfing other teams' forums. I think people in here underestimate the stupidity and willful ignorance fans of other teams have. And I have found there is no greater level of stupidity than that seen from Cowboys fans, but that is just one man's opinion.

That's the forum where Greg Hardy is completely innocent, but Tom Brady is guilty.

-Jets
-Dolphins
-Colts
-seahawks
-broncos
-steelers
-ravens
-bills
I'd add the fans of the other teams NE. has beaten in SBs: Eagles, Panthers and Rams (when they were in SL.). They all prefer to believe that their teams were cheated out of championships, rather than lost to a superior team.

went to DC, San Diego, and San Francisco and people seemed sympathetic to Brady.

went to Chicago and Indianapolis and for most people there I found...

latest

I live in California, and maybe I'm in a bubble but the fans of other teams out here even from the outset haven't been that bad. I did move out here in summer 2007, though, so my earliest football memories in CA prominently involved Spygate (which was way worse). I got a little bit of **** immediately after the allegations surfaced and after the Wells Report came out, but I haven't heard much of the "BAN THEM 4 LIFE" nonsense thrown around.

I do agree, though, that sentiment seems to be more pro-Brady than it has been at any point since the story broke. People aren't really vocal about it, I think everyone's kinda sick of talking about it. And that does follow the normal scandal lifecycle: everyone can't shut the **** up about it for those few days where nobody has any idea what the hell actually happened, but by the time the facts come to light everyone's bored with it and doesn't feel like learning what actually happened.

Nevertheless, I have had a few Deflategate conversations in the past month or so, and some people seem to be finally willing to entertain the possibility that Brady might actually be innocent.

I was at an event with Joe Biden in attendance recently and the secret service guys were checking people. I was wearing a Patriots fitted cap. I made it through and two of the secret service dudes immediately to my left yelled, "Go Patriots!" I yelled, "Free Brady!," to which one replied, "Damn straight, Free Brady" with a big grin. That was cool. I didn't know secret service guys were allowed to break character like that . . . granted Biden had not yet made it there at that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back