PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Memory of JR. SEAU !

Reaction score
I just want to remind everyone of the Late Great LB Jr. Seau, who although he spent his prime year's with the SD Diego Chargers and reached the SB only once in 1994. JR. SEAU wore #55 b/c his Dad was 55 yrs old when Jr. Seau went to college at USC. It's sad to say Jr. Seau's life ended by his own hand at 43 yrs old!
The SDC we're blown out by the SF 49er's 49-26 in the SDC only SB appearance.

Jr. Seau came closest to being on a SB winning team, when the New England Patriots
picked him up when he was in his late 30's almost 40 yrs. old.

Yet, Jr. Seau & former SDC friend & teammate Rodney Harrison almost helped the NEP win their 4th SB Ring! The Last minute passing of Eli Manning & a great catch by an unknown NYG WR-I think his name was something like David or Derex Garee ??? I'm sorry I can't remember his name, no disrespect intended! Former SDC Rodney Harrison who was on the SD Charger 1994 SB team that rec'd a one sided beating from SF 49er's!

RH was fortunate enough to be on 2 of 3 NEP teams that won SB"s!:singing:

Anyways, back to Jr. Seau, we all know that Jr. ended his life on earth in a tragic way (from a self-inflicted gun shot wound to his chest!)

I don't know a lot about it but, Jr. Seau's family dedicated his brain for research and they found brain damage (CTE!) It's believed he suffered many concussions that went undiagnosed (by team DR.'s & or not reported by him.)

I just wanted to remember a great ex-NFL star that ended his living, a tragic life towards the end!
I hope, he's at peace now! That's between GOD (JESUS) & JR. SEAU!
Only they know what his state of mind was at the end! I can't judge him!

PLZ, feel free to share any thought's U have in his memory, I would love to hear them!

Really the guy needed help. As if he got the help that he needed and the right kind. Really he would had been on the road to recovery. Classy guy as died way too young. Hope this sends a message to the league for people that have depression and all of that.

RIP Junior you died way too young! Gone but not forgotten! :(

RIP JR :halo:

You were great linebacher even maybe if not so right in the head. I enjoyed the days as a young boy watching you play!

What's kind of scary is wondering how many other Jr. Seau's are out there? I'm just hoping they"ll seek help or their families will seek help for them. Let's face it the sport that we love is a tough sport. I'm not saying all of Jr. Seau's issue's were football related. I know one of Jr.'s issues was gambling which was a pretty serious issue.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back