Welcome to PatsFans.com

In Israel, Romney wins in a landslide

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Nov 4, 2012.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

Romney Wins in a Landslide (at Least in Israel): What it Means | Abraham Katsman | Ops & Blogs | The Times of Israel

Wow, I would never expect Israel to be so Pro-Romney, but the way Obama treats Israel, there's no surprise!

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -11

I'm surprised that you sound like one of those who favor military action against Iran. Jill Stein doesn't. Or do you want to explain what you think Obama should do. Apparently, the righties here want WAR!!!! Do you?

Diplomat: Western officials see Iran's economy imploding quickly - latimes.com

WASHINGTON -- Western governments believe that Iran’s economy is imploding so quickly that it could essentially collapse next spring under the combined pressure of international sanctions, an oil embargo and internal mismanagement by officials in Tehran, said a European diplomat here.

Western government experts estimate that Iran will run out of foreign exchange reserves in six months to a year, making it impossible for the Islamic Republic to sell products abroad and buy the imports it needs to continue its manufacturing sector and run public services, the European diplomat said.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Patters I have been more anti war here than anyone lest you forget who was against Afghanistan while everyone was gung ho. I'm speaking in the 3rd person here ... if I was Israel I would not like him either - he is rude and condescending to them. Typing something does not always = one's opinion.

If you were israel ... who would you prefer Obama or Romney?

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -11

I'm Jewish, and like most American Jews I prefer Obama. I think the long-term security in Israel will be based on economic interests, not military might. Military might will lead to mutual destruction for both sides quite possibly.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Israel's fine in terms of military might. What's sorely missing on both sides is diplomacy. I don't fool myself that peace there will happen in my lifetime. But waiting another 5 years will postpone it 5 years further in my kids' lives -- or more.

PFnV

8. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -8

#51 Jersey

Obama wants Israel to return to the 1967 borders. Who do you think Israel will support!!

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Like I said it's a no brainer from Israel's POV. My POV is somewhere between Obama and Romney.

10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

I've explained my POV on this in other threads... long story short, I'm not Israeli, but I think it's the majority point of view there that there must be a two-state solution... and the starting point for all talks to date on such a solution has been some notion of the 1967 borders.

As I've also said, the faster they get back to the table the better, from both sides' points of view. The zero-sum analysis simply does not work, because Israel has no desire (and it is not in their interest) to rule a minority Jewish state.

PFnV

11. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -1

It's quite obvious that Israelis support the candidate that has obviously been paying more lip service and promising more for Israel.

I don't see why this should matter to any American.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I generally agree with you Doc ... but don't forget all the conspiracy chatter out there regarding the Jewish lobby and their ability to raise massive funds and somewhat control American politics. Not something I totally agree with but just throwing it out there. Should Romney win people will be connecting the dots in conspiracy land - Jewish Lobby / NWO / Illuminati .... et al.

13. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -1

I don't think anyone in the right mind thinks AIPAC et al 'controls' American politics, but it's not a 'conspiracy' to say that they have a rather unsavory amount of influence, particularly in Congress. (Especially for an organization that's basically a lobby for another country.)

However, it's ridiculous to say they can meaningfully influence anything regarding the election.

I'll say though that I found the huge amount of Bibi Netenyahu ballwashing during the debates sickening.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

I think what a few people are missing is that this 85/15 split is among Americans living in Israel. That number has quadrupled in the last four years. I think it very unlikely that the increase was primarily due to secular, reform, or conservative Jews. Old labor zionism would have been the culprit in the 1950s or 1960s, but now big movements of American Jews to Israel are primarily from the very religious community. So, what you have is a group likely to be zealots (and more likely to be right-wingers, by either Israeli or American terms,) saying they prefer Rmoney.

So, what I think this means is that a lot of Americans who would vote for Rmoney in America are now voting for him in Israel.

PFnV

16. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -8

#12 Jersey

Why wouldn't you? Obama won't give them the freedom Mitt will. Romney has been bumming them all campaign. He would eventually back military action and a war against Iran...Obama is trying appease the situation, rightfully.

The way he treats Israel? Take a look at their history on the land then see if you think they're being treated badly. I like the term getting too big for thir own boots.

Half the land they own there they took from Palestine against the mandate of land they were given and they murdered any Palestinian who tried to keep their home. It's illegal. We just felt sorry for them after all their hardships we just turned a blind eye. Well, the USA did more than anyone. Now we call the Palestinians terrorist :rolleyes:

Israel's leash needs to be tightened. Mitt will let them do what the want.

This is hardly a shock.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Again, UK, without regard to your points about Israel:

The quoted stat was about Americans living in Israel.

Since the number of Americans living in Israel has quadrupled over four years, what you are actually measuring here is the political sentiments of Americans who have recently gone to live in Israel, but have not decided they are staying.

PFnV

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How is it that Israel gets so much more attention in American politicis/ media than Canada? You never hear anything about our BFF Canada! What about poor little Andorra? And the Maldives? They're about to go under water and no one cares! Not fair.

Israel, Israel, Israel....

If it wasn't for the myths in the Bible, no one would care. Bunch of superstitious dummies.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Onward Christian Soldiers,Marching as to war..
    With the cross of Jesus going on before!

20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

As Al Michels so eloquently stated....

"Do you believe in miracles?"

Why yes, I do!

There are no coincidences wistah....