PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In-game injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can somebody be kind enough to break down the injuries suffered during the game - for those of us that couldn't watch it. Please include an updates given during the game or some of your own insight on the severities. Thanks...

Matt Light and Guyton went down in 1st half and never returned. Light was slow to get up, but walked off the field and headed straight to the lockeroom and Guyton got up gingerly limped to the sideline.

Light (shoulder) went to the locker room and did not return.
Guyton did not return, but I could not tell the nature of his injury.
Warren (groin? sports hernia?) tried to go but was replaced and I fear he is done for the year. He intimated that he would get it "taken care of " after the season (surgery?).

They are limping to the finish line, but it means more PT for guys like Redd, Wright, Smith, Sanders (and, Seau, Colvin). The defense is taking on water with plenty of plays getting to he backfield and very little in the way of pursuit, save for an occassional Ben Watson run down.

Last edited:
Matt Light and Guyton went down in 1st half and never returned. Light was slow to get up, but walked off the field and headed straight to the lockeroom...
I disagree with the bolded portion of your post. I was waiting and watching for any shots of Matt Light after he walked off the field. I recall that a decent amount of time(~5-10 minutes?) passed before Light and a trainer walked off to the locker room. I thought to myself that perhaps it was a good sign that he didn't walk off and immediately head to the locker room. :confused2:

I disagree with the bolded portion of your post. I was waiting and watching for any shots of Matt Light after he walked off the field. I recall that a decent amount of time(~5-10 minutes?) passed before Light and a trainer walked off to the locker room. I thought to myself that perhaps it was a good sign that he didn't walk off and immediately head to the locker room. :confused2:

i was also gonna comment the same thing...

time passed b4 light went to the locker room, about guyton, i dont know...

did Sanders ever return?

Thanks for the responses. Very discouraging about Warren, I'd like to think he's getting closer but yeah this could also mean he won't be back this season.

Hopefully Light and Guyton are okay. We got the win and got help with the Ravens loss, if they come out okay it's a GREAT week overall for us despite JP idiot Losman.

I thought i heard bcn say guyton was back in in the 4th?

guyton will be a big blow....

Warren did play a bit in the second half...not much..but Reiss reported at first he was done at the half...but did have a BIT of a go in teh second half....
Guyton had an ankle injury and returned in teh 4th quarter...THAT SEEMS like good news....
LSanders was down in teh 2nd..a leg injury?? Did not miss a series..he was back ASAP
Light went out with a shoulder injury..he didn't go straght to the locker room but after a bit of time did...did NOT return. THAT was the most serious injury by far...and hopefully he'll be OK for Zona.

Light was reported as having shoulder problem. But his slow walking was more evident to the naked eye than anything actually wrong with the shoulder.

we should just buy our own hospital

I have started to lose track of how many players we've lost or who have missed significant time due to injury this year.

Here's the current IR list from patriots.com:

Tom Brady (QB)
Rodney Harrison (S)
Tank Williams (S)
Adalius Thomas (LB)
Pierre Woods (LB)
Shawn Crable (LB)
Eric Alexander (LB)
Bo Ruud (LB)
Jason Webster (CB)
Terrence Wheatley (CB)
Laurence Maroney (RB)
Ryan O'Callaghan (T)
Barry Stokes (OL)
Kenny Smith (DL)

That's huge! Fourteen players, most of whom are or would have been starters or at least near the top of the depth chart. We have been fortunate that our depth at QB and RB has been more than sufficient, but the losses on defense have been crippling. Take out that many key players from other teams in the NFL and see what their record would be.

Not to mention guys like Ty Warren, Sammy Morris, and LaMont Jordan who have missed a bunch of games ("bunch" is a relative term - missing 2 or 3 games in the NFL is like missing 20-30 in MLB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back