In Case You Missed It: Tom Brady Paid Practice Players for Interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
In Case You Missed It: Tom Brady Paid Practice Players for Interceptions

Robert Alvarez

Former Patriot receiver Donte' Stallworth reveals Tom Brady gave incentive payments to practice squad members if they intercepted him in practice.

Continue reading...

My favorite line is where Tannehill says: "Enjoy your practice squad trophy."

I'm not sure I see terribly many trophies in your trophy case there either, Mr. Tannehill. :D

My favorite line is where Tannehill says: "Enjoy your practice squad trophy."

I'm not sure I see terribly many trophies in your trophy case there either, Mr. Tannehill. :D

Oddly, Tannehill believes that he is entitled to be (that) arrogant. Actually, nobody is. :oops:

And as you pointed out, what has he earned besides a (current) starting role on basically a losing team. Who's better than him? Perhaps, his attitude extends to non-drafted players and cast-offs? This would certainly motivate the Pats. (The Pats are not made up of top-10 picks.)

Don't ya just love these primadonas who play a few years; don't measure up; never win anything; get paid; and mouth off to any/everyone around them. It makes me wonder if they are really covering up for the fact that they can just about keep their head above the proverbial waters. How unbecoming!

The Brady story fits well with the culture of black practice player award jerseys. If you're not good enough to get onto the field in games, you'll still get attaboys from the team's heavy hitters -- coaches and players alike -- if you're deemed to have made major contributions in practice.

thats very Brady. Can you imagine if someone like Newton did this? Tannehill is getting a lot of flak and there really isnt any kind of narrative about him

thats very Brady. Can you imagine if someone like Newton did this? Tannehill is getting a lot of flak and there really isnt any kind of narrative about him

Perhaps, many QB's will follow the Brady model? If so, I question their motives. After all, if it hadn't occurred to them until they heard what TB was doing and took note of the high esteem he is held for doing so, perhaps, they're just after the latter? Of course, there's (another) difference between the person of TB and the rest. Yeah, the trend in the NFL seems to be trash the Patriots, whilst copying them.

"Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.”
Are you &$%#ing kidding me? Is Philbin going to ask the local high school bullies to stop taking Tannehill's lunch money too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back