PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Bill We Trust - Just look at the track record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Some may question the draft selections, but when it comes to dumping players, and knowing when to , Belichick has been pretty right on...

Bledsoe- was done here had some flashes in Buffalo and Dallas, but as always faded in the stretch, and was no where near the Qb Brady is and became..

Milloy- the only thing was the timing, but he is on his third team in 6 years.. Never played as well as he did in 01 ... The only good game he had was the first game against the Pats in 03, after that you did not hear his name mentioned once..

Law- You want to question this one, ok but was not worth the money but Belichcik did try to resign him not once , or twice , but 3 different times.. Law though was toast by the time he went to Kc, and his last year with the jets is a joke..

Mcginnist- Had the great playoff game against Jax, but people forget he was on the chopping block back in 02 for the expansion draft, he had some moments, but to me was best known for being hurt during the Carrol years, then his moments in the super bowl run.. Was his time to go, and did nothing in Cleveland..

Vinaterri- Yes he is a legend, Yes he won a super bowl in indy, but he has not been the kicker Stephen Ghostkowski has been here, now he is hurt, and was not going to be worth the money he asked us for.. A very wise move even though we did not see it then...

Branch- The move did prob cost us a super bowl in 06, because with him I think we beat indy.. But getting a first round pick for a guy that has done nothing in seattle, that he is being shopped this hr, proves, Belichick knows how to put a price on a player.. He wont be back here, but he wont be the same player he was when he was here...

Not going to put Samual, because feel the jury is still out on that descion.. But as you see , In Bill we trust....

Bledsoe- was done here had some flashes in Buffalo and Dallas, but as always faded in the stretch, and was no where near the Qb Brady is and became..

Got to love what he did for the Pats when Brady went down against Pittsburgh in the '02 AFCCG.

Law- You want to question this one, ok but was not worth the money but Belichcik did try to resign him not once , or twice , but 3 different times.. Law though was toast by the time he went to Kc, and his last year with the jets is a joke..

I don't mind when players leave, as long as the team had a replacement waiting in the wings. The Pats haven't replace Law since he left.

Mcginnist- Had the great playoff game against Jax, but people forget he was on the chopping block back in 02 for the expansion draft, he had some moments, but to me was best known for being hurt during the Carrol years, then his moments in the super bowl run.. Was his time to go, and did nothing in Cleveland..

During the Carrol years, he was injured frequently, but offered a huge boost when in the lineup. However, when BB lined him up at LB full time, McGinest became Mr. Clutch.

Branch- The move did prob cost us a super bowl in 06, because with him I think we beat indy.. But getting a first round pick for a guy that has done nothing in seattle, that he is being shopped this hr, proves, Belichick knows how to put a price on a player.. He wont be back here, but he wont be the same player he was when he was here...

Some people argue the loss of Branch cost the Pats the super bowl in '06. I still believe it was the lack of depth on defense that kept them from the super bowl.

Not going to put Samual, because feel the jury is still out on that descion.. But as you see , In Bill we trust....

Samuel was dead to me after he dropped that would be game ending interception against the Giants in the super bowl. In addition, there's no point in paying a CB a ton of money if your pass rush is weak.

Vinaterri- Yes he is a legend, Yes he won a super bowl in indy, but he has not been the kicker Stephen Ghostkowski has been here, now he is hurt, and was not going to be worth the money he asked us for.. A very wise move even though we did not see it then...

I like Ghost and in the long term he is probably going to be the only player from his draft to contribute to this team. However, at no fault of his own, he has never kicked in a pressure situation (last minute tie/win). The closest high pressure kick he ever attempted was in SD in his rookie season during the great upset of the 14-2 Chargers. I would also warn that in college he never had the opportunity either. I understand you need to give him the benefit of the doubt and also I understand you can't hold it against him that he hasn't had the opportunity to make any clutch kicks, but it is a huge question mark for me.

The fact that he did nothing in Seattle is insignificant. Why? because we all know he would have done great things here. You measure opportunity cost by the loss to your franchise's value - not be the value he added to another B-rate organization. Also, the loss of the Indy game is a huge deal because the deferred compensation meant that we had BUG EYES and 40 yr old Troy out there when we needed a 1st badly to help out the D. Also, Deoin was a beast in the post season with 22 catches and a couple hundred yards in back to back SBs (record stuff or at least tiedwith Rice)...

Last edited:
Yeah for all the yapping Samuel did, he let a perfect season slip through his fingers. Good riddance.

Yeah for all the yapping Samuel did, he let a perfect season slip through his fingers. Good riddance.

it was harrison that give up the catch that that every one rembers to a guy that never got a catch again in the NFL

its was the coach's that put hobbs to cover plex one on one on a all out blitz

they lost its over

i would love to have samuel right now who has as many INTs as the whole pats team has

Last edited:
Samuel wasn't a matter of letting him go, we just couldn't afford to pay him what he asked. He's easily a top 5 corner still in his first season and 6 games with the eagles

Samuel wasn't a matter of letting him go, we just couldn't afford to pay him what he asked. He's easily a top 5 corner still in his first season and 6 games with the eagles

will say this he is ok for the eagles, but he did whiff on the Zach Miller td yesterday...

Branch is not the reason we didn't win the Super Bowl in 2006.

Blowing the biggest half-time lead (21-3) in AFC Championship history was the reason why. The offense scored 34 points, surely enough if the defense played a good game, rather than a half.

Samuel wasn't the reason we didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

Benard Pollard was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing