PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Belichick I still trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this game was a stinker, and yes, Cassel did not play nearly as well as many of us had hoped/expected/wanted/etc. But remember the Patriots mission statement:

"We are building a big, strong, fast, smart, tough and disciplined football team that consistently competes for championships."

I don't know where this season is going. I really don't. The Pats could finish 3-13, they could finish 17-2. Obviously, BB doesn't know either, even though he clearly would prefer the Pats to win as many games as possible.

I don't know what moves, if any, BB will decide to make from here on out, especially with the trade deadline coming up this week. Maybe he's going to start O'Connell next week (though I doubt it), maybe he cuts Deltha O'Neal, maybe he re-signs John Lynch, etc. Whatever he does, it'll be something that he thinks will make the team better going forward. But I do know one thing for certain: he won't risk the future for the present. In other words, if trading for a veteran QB will take away most of the money they might use to, for example, re-sign Wilfork, then I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
In Belicheck I still trust as well.

This may have not been the best game but your right. He will do his best for our team to win championships.

Go Pats....

Bill is the greatest coach ever. But **** happens. Thats all there is to it.

In Belichick I trust, in Cassel I don't. I'm sorry but he hasn't done anything to inspire confidence for me. I can't say for sure that O'Connell would do any better, and I won't bother to.

Edit - To be fair, the defense has been horsesh*t as well. I do think the loss of Brady has affected the whole team mentally.

Last edited:
He needs to address the lack of a pass rush..

Seriously, do you really believe that this team is going anywhere? BB isn't going to save them this year, get over it! Until BB puts his ego aside and acquires talent on defense, his schemes will never work. BB hasn't been scared anybody since '04. You can have the best game plans in the world but if you don't have the talent to execute it, then you will look like an average head coach.

Don't get me wrong, I still root for the Pats but come on! Cassel is playing like he's supposed to; like a guy who hasn't started a football game since high school. The loss of Tom Brady shows how great of a player he truly is.

To answer your question, the only trade I see is for a DB which is unlikely. I'd wait until the offseason.

Last edited:
In Belichick I trust, in Cassel I don't. I'm sorry but he hasn't done anything to inspire confidence for me. I can't say for sure that O'Connell would do any better, and I won't bother to.

Edit - To be fair, the defense has been horsesh*t as well. I do think the loss of Brady has affected the whole team mentally.

How could it possibly not?

I have full faith and trust in Bill. He needs to change some things though.

He is still a God though.

We're going nowhere this year, I just hope he can fix this defense and this offensive line. This is sadly a wasted year, but I just hope at the end of the year the young guys develop on defense and Bill makes the right moves for the team in the offseason.

Even with Brady this team would have struggled.

Seriously, do you really believe that this team is going anywhere? BB isn't going to save them this year, get over it! Until BB puts his ego aside and acquires talent on defense, his schemes will never work. BB hasn't been scared anybody since '04. You can have the best game plans in the world but if you don't have the talent to execute it, then you will look like an average head coach.

If you think I'm playing Pollyanna here, you need to re-read what I wrote.

San Diego played better. Some bright spots, just not enough.

BB sees something in Cassel, so obviously he's great. Just needs time.

I must admit though that I'm less confident that we will be in the super bowl, let alone win it.

We're used to having a team that can make the little mistakes and be bailed out by one of the greatest players to ever play the game. This year we can't make the little mistakes like not converting 3rd and 2 on our own 10 when our D is winded or calling 3 cute little play actions from the 1 yard line. If we're going to repeat 2001 we have to do the little things we did in 2001. And really it's not as far away as the blowout indicates.

belichick needs to be held responsible at least a little for not having a championship since 04'. His failure to allow Ghost to kick a doable 50 yarder in the Super Bowl still haunts me.

it was BB who did not get a capable back up for the last several years. i'm afraid that his running the score up on weak teams last year is getting back to us. this is the second time this season a team has thourougly dominated us. we kicked teams when they were down last year - they are doing the same to us this year.

if you look at the team, they look like a bunch of midgets compared to other clubs. not only that, they are not even that athletic. not enough physical guys on offense or defense. i can't think of a single positive for this team right now.

BB gets a get out of jail card for me right now but, as GM of this team, he blew it big time by not having at least a decent NFL QB backing up Brady this year.

The year is not over, but this year was not going to be the same 6 weeks ago... We knew that ,we had to be fooling ourselves if we thought it was going to be different.. The Defense is a disapointment.. There is not doubt about that.. Cassel is who he is, he did not play in college for a reason.. He has been adequete at best.. Belichcik is still a great coach, but I think he knows what he had in Brady, and he was not prepared for what happend to him this yr..

Again this goes back to Feb 3 rd , its not been the same, the game the offseason and the start of this season.. Its dissapointing, but we had a great run, its time to rebuild...

San Diego played better. Some bright spots, just not enough.

BB sees something in Cassel, so obviously he's great. Just needs time.

I must admit though that I'm less confident that we will be in the super bowl, let alone win it.

With what little respect is due, how many other QBs who never started a game in college could win three out of five games?

The year is not over, but this year was not going to be the same 6 weeks ago... We knew that ,we had to be fooling ourselves if we thought it was going to be different.. The Defense is a disapointment.. There is not doubt about that.. Cassel is who he is, he did not play in college for a reason.. He has been adequete at best.. Belichcik is still a great coach, but I think he knows what he had in Brady, and he was not prepared for what happend to him this yr..

Again this goes back to Feb 3 rd , its not been the same, the game the offseason and the start of this season.. Its dissapointing, but we had a great run, its time to rebuild...

That's true, but the reason is "Because he wasn't as good as Carson Palmer when Palmer was there, and he was just barely outplayed by Matt Leinart his senior year."

Last edited:
BB knows more about football then all of us combined. It's the reason we are sitting here posting our inane thoughts (especially guys like Wendel and PatsRule...absolutely stupid) and he is giving a post game speech to the team and getting ready to break down film.

I'm with you, coach. You've won three Super Bowls...that doesn;t happen by getting lucky.

That's true, but the reason is "Because he wasn't as good as Carson Palmer when Palmer was there, and he was just barely outplayed by Matt Leinart his senior year."

I don't remember, does Matt Leinhart start in the NFL anymore?
Is he still injured? I know he doesn't start, but I don't recall if he has been benched or is hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down