PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This used to be the mantra hereabouts.
Is it still?

Re: In BB We Trust ?

Yepper!!!!

Yes.
Guy gave us 3 championships. Did he screw up in this instance ? maybe , not final yet. But i dont believe in those "asterisks" everyone wants to put to those championships. Is everyone telling us that troy brown playing corner, putting brady over bledsoe, signing vrabel,the rams game, the intentional safety at denver etc were because of signal stealing ????

Last edited:

I don't because what he did was irresponsible - unnecessary and inappropriately risky. If Saban (and I guess most other teams in the league) can devise a creative and LEGAL way to steal signs then why the hell didn't the "genius" Belichick? Why do something that had high risk (using a frigging cameraman to steal signs) with limited rewards? Incredibly stupid to put the team's future at risk (i.e. draft picks), to greatly damage the team's reputation and to provide legitimate fodder for everyone trying to tear down Belichick and the Patriots.

Luckily what a judgemental, self important segment of the fan base thinks doesn't matter.

Kraft risked a first rounder to bring him here and got 3 Lombardis to date. That's draft value. If we get docked a half dozen draft picks to keep him here, that will represent even greater value given the resume he's built here to date. We got a couple stashed in the rainy day fund as is. Beats rolling them forward into infinity...:D

Luckily what a judgemental, self important segment of the fan base thinks doesn't matter.

Kraft risked a first rounder to bring him here and got 3 Lombardis to date. That's draft value. If we get docked a half dozen draft picks to keep him here, that will represent even greater value given the resume he's built here to date. We got a couple stashed in the rainy day fund as is. Beats rolling them forward into infinity...:D

Indeed, because the team can continue to win with aging/expensive players without replenishing with relatively cheap talent from the draft :rolleyes: Your homerism is again overriding what I think is your typical practical nature.

if we're not willing to give a guy who brought us to six consecutive division titles, four AFC championship games and three SB's in six years the benefit of the doubt until we hear from him and Bob Kraft, what are we made of?

He won us 3 Super Bowls and about to win a 4th.. Of course we do, and I think the media hate will only fuel our fire. Never mind all the Moss hate and Manning **** riding. Now you got all this? Its like when moron Tom Jackson said all the players hate BB.

Yes.

Is it embarrassing to have him flaunt the rules and have cameras on the sideline? Yes. Do I think this is a practice that's been going on by many, if not all teams? Yes. Do I think it taints the wins? No.

This may sound strange, but I take some comfort in that the cameraman had his Pats creds and was openly filming, like what's the big deal here? That says something to me about this practice.

Hopefully, the punishment fits the transgression.

I don't because what he did was irresponsible - unnecessary and inappropriately risky. If Saban (and I guess most other teams in the league) can devise a creative and LEGAL way to steal signs then why the hell didn't the "genius" Belichick? Why do something that had high risk (using a frigging cameraman to steal signs) with limited rewards? Incredibly stupid to put the team's future at risk (i.e. draft picks), to greatly damage the team's reputation and to provide legitimate fodder for everyone trying to tear down Belichick and the Patriots.

Totally agree .... this wasn't the first time .... he should have insured
it would never happen again ...
I really don't care about his reputation but he has brought shame
on the team I love.

Even If he is vindicated ( which I doubt ) he is the head honcho ... the buck stops there. He takes the blame for tarnished reputation of our Patriots and don't tell me any white wash NFL stuff will repair the
damage which will last into the history books now.

How can all the good he has done and all the games he has won offset
the damage he has done to all the achievements and glory of all the men who put countless hours of sacrafice and followed him under the banner of
"In Bill we Trust".
..and the irony of this whole thing is .... he didn't have to do it!

The only thing we all know so far is that there is a rule violation of taping... still cannot figure out how this would give us a competitive advantage during a game.. nothing has been written to prove otherwise.

Totally agree .... this wasn't the first time .... he should have insured
it would never happen again ...
I really don't care about his reputation but he has brought shame
on the team I love.

Even If he is vindicated ( which I doubt ) he is the head honcho ... the buck stops there. He takes the blame for tarnished reputation of our Patriots and don't tell me any white wash NFL stuff will repair the
damage which will last into the history books now.

How can all the good he has done and all the games he has won offset
the damage he has done to all the achievements and glory of all the men who put countless hours of sacrafice and followed him under the banner of
"In Bill we Trust".
..and the irony of this whole thing is .... he didn't have to do it!

Assuming all this is true, do you think the patriots should let him go ?

Does anyone else find it ironic that we hold football players and coaches to a higher standard then we do politicians and clergy? Society wants to fire players and coaches for what businesses and nations do without blinking. They lie (former Presidents) and commit crimes (Senators and yet again former Presidents on both sides of the aisle) that the public turns a blind eye to then re-elects them. If a player takes a banned substance then we say he should be labeled a "scumbag" and released. A coach uses a video camera on the sidelines and he should be "suspended". Now I'm not saying it's right but it does bring a chuckle when I read some national columnists and some posters here decrying "cheating". If we're going to stress about "cleaning up" our society maybe we should expend more energy on those that actually effect our lives cause I can tell you, the Pats are an entertainment and I'll still be having a blast in the parking lot and yelling as loud as ever for the coach and the team on Sunday night. In the end I have too much else to worry about "cleaning up" then a football league. Just one season ticket holders opinion.

Assuming all this is true, do you think the patriots should let him go ?

That's a Bob Kraft call. I am a guy that gives second chances so
if I was making the call I'd let Belichick make that call.

That's a Bob Kraft call. I am a guy that gives second chances so
if I was making the call I'd let Belichick make that call.

technically ,sure its a kraft call -not mine or yours, but as a fan do you want him to continue as our head coach or leave ? Just asking an opinion.

technically ,sure its a kraft call -not mine or yours, but as a fan do you want him to continue as our head coach or leave ? Just asking an opinion.

From a fans point of view that winning is everything and it doesn't
matter what you do to achieve it then I'd want him to stay.
But it is not that simple. What good is winning if everyone thinks you
had to cheat to win.

I believe Belichick can win as much as he has in the past without cheating.
Assuming he did wrong here,
Do I want him to stay? Yes IF tells Kraft he will play by rules in the future.
If he says no, I will continue to break the rules ... then no I don't want him.

Last edited:

This used to be the mantra hereabouts.
Is it still?

this whole thing doesn't take away from the fact taht BB is still one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL ever (i'd put him, vince lombardi, and bill walsh up as the top 3 in no particular order.)

As the songs says "you're simply the best !!, better than all the rest!!!"

this whole thing doesn't take away from the fact taht BB is still one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL ever (i'd put him, vince lombardi, and bill walsh up as the top 3 in no particular order.)

Why? If he used illegal methods to win how does that put him in the
same class as Lombardi or Walsh?

PATs Superbowl wins where close. Not saying it did but some could claim
that cheating gave him the edge to win. For example, people could say
without cheating Adam would never have been in the position to make his
game winning FG.
This whole thing is just very bad in it's ripple effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes