PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In All Seriousness, How Would Bill Pass On A Pass Rusher This Year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope with the four top picks(mius the 2nd 1st which will be traded) we pick up a CB, a safety, a pass rusher and a d lineman.

I also can't see how people say safety isn't a problem, with that carosel of horribleness they had back their last year I'd be happy if they figured out how to take both Barron and Harrison Smith. Both of them just have to be better than what we had last year. And then maybe we could run the old big nickel BB use to love.

I also can't see how people say safety isn't a problem, with that carosel of horribleness they had...

jester.gif
jester.gif
jester.gif

I'm the guy who says we should pretty much ignore Safety all together and flood the fields with big, strong, fast CornerBacks, so we are definitely not in agreement, here, my friend...

But I laughed TWICE at your ~ THRICE!! ~ at your "carousel of horribleness" comment!! :rocker:

My favorite is Gilmore. It seems that I am too late. :) He is likely to be long gone at 27. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins are fine in the 1st, or Denard in the 2nd.

Who's the top corner you're thinking of? If Jenkins gets to us at 27, I don't believe Bill will pass.

Oh, and when I said "pass rusher" I used that term lightly. I'm also talking about up front DE's as well, guys for our front 7.

My favorite is Gilmore. It seems that I am too late. :) He is likely to be long gone at 27. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins are fine in the 1st, or Denard in the 2nd.

I'm in agreement with your 3 CB's as far as talent goes. I'm also in the belief that I think moving one of our CB's to play opposite Chung may be a serious possibility, even IF a safety is drafted. Belichick is a man who gives alot to knowing the system and the responsibilities, and I cannot see a safety getting the "day one start" that so many here assume. IF we draft a safety, I believe they will be blended in throughout the year, as we've seen in Meriweather and Chung. I'm not sure why it's such a majority consensus (actually, it's not but many act as though it is) that we are going to be using a new rookie safety in the first game opposite of Chung.

As far as Janoris Jenkins goes though, I think that he's just one of those guys that Belichick will NOT take a chance on--even dispite his obvious talent.

If Jenkins gets to us at 27, I don't believe Bill will pass.

I don't think he lasts until #27, but even if he did I seriously doubt that Belichick would want him on his team.

It's not just about his 2 drug charges, there's more to it. He has a very *cokcy* attitude, and seemed to put himself ahead of his team while at Florida.

We've seen Belichick pass on these kinds of "obvious talent" types of flashy players before, most recently Dez Bryant (3 times).

If Belichick takes a CB, I don't personally believe it will be until after the 2nd or 3rd round. Just my opinion though.

I don't think he lasts until #27, but even if he did I seriously doubt that Belichick would want him on his team.

It's not just about his 2 drug charges, there's more to it. He has a very *cokcy* attitude, and seemed to put himself ahead of his team while at Florida.

We've seen Belichick pass on these kinds of "obvious talent" types of flashy players before, most recently Dez Bryant (3 times).

If Belichick takes a CB, I don't personally believe it will be until after the 2nd or 3rd round. Just my opinion though.

And your opinion is just as good as mine.

I don't know enough about his personality off the field to gauge what kind of character he has. I think the whole weed thing gets blown out of proportion and I won't indict him on that.

CBs are known to be ****y on the field, but once again I don't know how he is as a person to know whether that's indicative of his true, selfish character off the field.

From the reports I've read in a few different media, he has been humbled by his mistakes and has impressed his coaches with his professionalism, and was named team captain.

He's the top cover guy out there not named Claiborne. We'll see how far he lasts.

I would be shocked to see BB spend a first rounder on Jenkins. I think he still smarting from the Meriweather pick, and Jenkins is a headcase of an entirely different caliber.

I would not be surprised in the least to see BB spend #27 on Kirkpatrick or Gilmore, if they lasted that long.

If they pass on a pass rusher they must think Trevor Scott and Jonathan Fanene are all they need up front.

Personally I'm intrigued by both players and the possibilities. However, I want them to draft and develop a couple of special prospects. Cox,Brockers,Reyes,Chapman,Still,McClellin,
Hightower,Upshaw,Irvin to name just a few:)

In All Seriousness, How Would Bill Pass On A Pass Rusher This Year??

He'll probably use the 1st round picks drafting 2 Fullbacks, who won't play, and they'll both be cut within 2 years:D

If they pass on a pass rusher they must think Trevor Scott and Jonathan Fanene are all they need up front.

Personally I'm intrigued by both players and the possibilities. However, I want them to draft and develop a couple of special prospects. Cox,Brockers,Reyes,Chapman,Still,McClellin,
Hightower,Upshaw,Irvin to name just a few:)

I would love3 a shot at Cox or Brockers, but can;t see it happenign unless one of them falls a bit and BB trades up the rest of the way.

I do think a lot of draftniks think Reyes or Still will be on the clock when we draft, but big athletic D Linemen have a natural demand, so there is no guarantee they will be available at #27 either.

I would love to draft Chapman and stash him on IR for a year.

I would love for Hightower to fall to us at #27, but Pittsburgh seems to be targeting him. Unless Pittsburgh would rather have Cordy Glenn, I doubt Hightower falls to us.

Hard to see how Upshaw fits in our defense. He is too big and slow to play OLB and too short light to play DE.

McCellin and Irwin are both rising up draft boards even though McClellin;s tape is not great and Irwin's past is shady.

The player that makes a lot of sense to me is Curry of Marshall. Team Captain, plays hard from whistle to whistle. Relentless and decent with his hands. Good tape, although the tape clearly shows that opposing OTs tend to wear Curry down during the games. Good thing for us, He would play OLB.

He could be available in the second round and I hope BB is all over him at that point.

I would love3 a shot at Cox or Brockers, but can;t see it happenign unless one of them falls a bit and BB trades up the rest of the way.

I do think a lot of draftniks think Reyes or Still will be on the clock when we draft, but big athletic D Linemen have a natural demand, so there is no guarantee they will be available at #27 either.

I would love to draft Chapman and stash him on IR for a year.

I would love for Hightower to fall to us at #27, but Pittsburgh seems to be targeting him. Unless Pittsburgh would rather have Cordy Glenn, I doubt Hightower falls to us.

Hard to see how Upshaw fits in our defense. He is too big and slow to play OLB and too short light to play DE.

McCellin and Irwin are both rising up draft boards even though McClellin;s tape is not great and Irwin's past is shady.

The player that makes a lot of sense to me is Curry of Marshall. Team Captain, plays hard from whistle to whistle. Relentless and decent with his hands. Good tape, although the tape clearly shows that opposing OTs tend to wear Curry down during the games. Good thing for us, He would play OLB.

He could be available in the second round and I hope BB is all over him at that point.

Good call on Curry. Another few sleepers to rush are Jared Crick, Bill Winn and Brett Roy.
DW Toys

I know Bill is one of the best coaches in the game's history, and he choses players right for our team. But seriously, how could he possibly pass on drafting a pass rusher AGAIN this year considering we got most of our offensive positions filled?

I could understand last year we had more needs. At running back we had no speed outside of Woodhead, at WR we had no deep threat (though Bill didn't draft any), and our O-line was a big concern. Now that we drafted Ridley and Vereen last year, we got Lloyd, and we've improved our O-line by making sure it has plenty of depth (drafted Solder, Cannon, picked up Waters, Gallery) The only pick I think we should make on offense this year is maybe a center in rounds 2-3. I DO NOT want us to spend one of our firsts on a center because we do have Connolly, who proved last year he can start.

Back to our needs, I know our secondary got torched last year, but I think giving McCourty a full offseason, getting Ras-I Dowling healthy, and bringing in vets Will Allen and Steve Gregory really helps out alot. (Oh, and also not having WR's play CB, that would help too) I think with that all we need to do is draft Harrison Smith with our 48th pick to fill in the safety spot and our Secondary is ready to go for 2012.

Solution: Me personally, I think trading up both 1st's for Melvin Ingram would be one of the best descisions Bill has made in a long time. I think he's the best pass-rusher, maybe one of the best defensive players in this whole draft. But then again, we all know the hoodie usually knows what's best, not us. But hopefully, this will finally be the year. We can only hope, anyways. :D

Except for trading both 1sts for Ingram, I am in general agreement.

Bill's willful negligence of the Pass-Rushing position has cost us a SB victory in 2011
& a SB appearence in 2010.
He royally, royally Effed Up last year by ignoring Jabaal Sheard for Glas-IR Dowling,
or Justin Houston for Shane Vereen, or Sam Acho for Steven Ridley, or Chris Carter
or Pernell McPhee for Lee Smith, or nearly a half-dozen others for Malodorus Williams.

And do we need to mention ignoring Cliff Avril for Chicken Legs Crable,
or Connor Barwin for Busto Brace?

Sadly, I expect nothing more from Bill than another Spring of disappoinment,
to be followed by another Winter of bitter defeat.

Bill's willful negligence of the Pass-Rushing position has cost us a SB victory in 2011
& a SB appearence in 2010.

No, no it certainly did not.

Your Monday morning quarterbacking is certainly compelling stuff, though.

I know Bill is one of the best coaches in the game's history, and he choses players right for our team. But seriously, how could he possibly pass on drafting a pass rusher AGAIN this year considering we got most of our offensive positions filled?
Bill Belichick could pass up on a pass rusher especially considering the following defensive players currently on the New England Patriots roster:

Jermaine Cunningham
Markell Carter
Trevor Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back