Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tommy: Grandpa, did you like football when you were little like me?
Grandpa: I sure did, Tommy.
T: Did you ever see the Patriots Dynasty? Did you see President Brady play, back when they say he was the greatest football player ever?
G: Yes I did. It was something, I tell you…
T: Looking at all of President Brady’s football records, I can’t imagine what it was like to cheer for his team!
G: Well… (long pause)… in those days I actually cheered AGAINST him. I rooted for the Jets.
T: The London Jets? Aren’t they always awful?
G: Yes, but back then they were the New York Jets.
T: Did they ever win anything, I mean, any Belichick trophies?
G: Back then it was called the “Lombardi trophy”. They never won any that I saw, or even played in any title games, or even won their division, but your great grandpa, who everybody called “Fireman Ed”, told me stories about the 1960s when they did win it once.
T: Didn’t President Brady’s Patriots team win it a whole lot of times?
G: Yes, six times with Brady, then three more with another great QB named Mallett.
T: Wow, they won nine World Bowls?
G: Back then it was called the Super Bowl, and all of the teams were in the United States.
T: Did President Brady and the other guy… did they win the Brady award each time too?
G: Well, that’s what they call the Super Bowl MVP trophy now, but Brady won it five times and Mallett twice.
T: Was he really the best you ever saw at playing quarterback? Did you think he would be such a great leader, solving global warming and delivering peace to the Middle East?
G: (groans)… Yes, he was always a leader, and very cool under pressure.

Last edited:
If they ever decide to make a movie out of this scenario and it involves a DeLorean...can Wrecks Ryan be played by Biff?? :D

T: Did you ever see the Patriots Dynasty? Did you see President Brady play, back when they say he was the greatest football player ever?
G: Yes I did. It was something, I tell you…
T: Looking at all of President Brady’s football records, I can’t imagine what it was like to cheer for his team!
G: Well… (long pause)… in those days I actually cheered AGAINST him. I rooted for the Jets.
T: The London Jets? Aren’t they always awful?
G: Yes, but back then they were the New York Jets.
T: Did they ever win anything, I mean, any Belichick trophies?
G: Back then it was called the “Lombardi trophy”. They never won any that I saw, or even played in any title games, or even won their division, but your great grandpa, who everybody called “Fireman Ed”, told me stories about the 1960s when they did win it once.
T: Didn’t President Brady’s Patriots team win it a whole lot of times?
G: Yes, six times with Brady, then three more with another great QB named Mallett.
T: Wow, they won nine World Bowls?
G: Back then it was called the Super Bowl, and all of the teams were in the United States.
T: Did President Brady and the other guy… did they win the Brady award each time too?
G: Well, that’s what they call the Super Bowl MVP trophy now, but Brady won it five times and Mallett twice.
T: Was he really the best you ever saw at playing quarterback? Did you thing he would be such a great leader, solving global warming and delivering peace to the Middle East?
G: (groans)… Yes, he was always a leader, and very cool under pressure.

You left out the best part:

T: Gee, Grampa, do you think they'll ever let Uncle Rex out of maximum security at Reiker's Island for trying to suck the First Lady's toes during President Brady's 3rd Inaugural Speech?
G: I doubt it, Tommy. But look at her. Can you blame him?
T: Not really, Grampa. But if I were Uncle Rex, I would have gone for Vice President Welker's wife's toes.

Last edited:
a little different version, where Grandpa was a Colts fan, with an added part about Baby Brady

In 2048, an Indianapolis football fan answers NFL history questions from his grandson

T: Did you ever see President Brady play, back when they say he was the greatest football player ever, leading the Patriots dynasty?

G: I sure did. It was something, I tell you…

T: Looking at all of his records, I can’t imagine what it must have been like to cheer for him!

G: Well… (pause)… in those days I cheered AGAINST him. I rooted for the Indianapolis Colts.

T: Indianapolis had a football team? I didn’t know that! What happened to them?

G: They used to be good, but fell on hard times and finished last for 10 seasons in a row.
Then their owner moved them to London.

T: Were they the London Colts?

G: No, the city of Indianapolis sued to keep the team nickname, so they became the London Irsays.

T: Did they play better?

G: No, after 5 more last-place seasons the franchise was merged with the second-worst team, the New York Jets, becoming the New York Thrash.

T: I know them! The other boys at school call them the New York Trash!

G: (nods slowly, sadly).

T: Did they ever win anything, the Colts, or the Irsays, or the Thrash? I mean, did they win any Belichick trophies?

G: Back then it was called the “Lombardi trophy”. My Colts did win it once. We had a great quarterback too, Peyton Manning!

T: I’ve never heard of him. Ummm… Didn’t President Brady’s team win championships a whole lot of times, more than the Satan guy you liked?

G: It’s not Satan with an “S” but Peyton with a “P”, and yes… Yes, the Patriots won six championships with Tom Brady, then three more with another QB named Ryan Mallett, and then two more with Benjamin Brady.

T: Wow, they won eleven World Bowls?

T: Did President Brady and the other guys… did they win the Brady award each time too?

G: Well, that’s what they call the Super Bowl MVP trophy now, but Tom Brady won it five times, Mallett twice, Benjamin Brady twice. My favorite, Peyton Manning, won it once.

T: Was Tom Brady really the best you ever saw at playing quarterback? Did you think he would be such a great leader, solving global warming and delivering peace to the Middle East?

G: (groans)… Yes, he was always a great leader, and very cool under pressure.

Last edited:
this stuff had me LoLing

awesome story, really

you milked it for everything it had hahaha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back