PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2008 would you rather the Pats end the regular season 15-1 or 16-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they go to the dance and go home with the prom queen I don't care what their season record is!

j_cuff - Welcome. I'm guessing you are the PFW website j_cuff. If so, glad to have you around. If not, Glad to have you around.

Last edited:
This question has been asked and answered already. Try doing a search. :p

Last edited:
I haven't read through all 57 or so posts prior to mine, so I'll probably write what many others have. I'd rather have the Patriots at 16-0 and poised to have one more opportunity to shut up all the former Dolphins...ESPECIALLY Mercury Morris....

Shall we give him a call when we get in his neighborhood?;)

LOL. That's true. Those old farts got to pop open another bottle of champagne. It would be nice to shut him up, but that's more of a bonus imo. Getting 19-0 would just be awesome as an accomplishment in itself. It's just so hard to get to that point (18-0) to have the opportunity to go undefeated in today's NFL. Back to back 16-0 seaons would be obscene, not matter how you look at it. And at that point it would be hard for anyone to point at a better dynasty than that. (As long as the Pats won the SB the second time around that is...)

Last edited:
why cant they go 16-0? They have pretty much the same offense, a new, and I think better D.(with the addtion of coach capers) and a head coach that is a master at making ajustments, and has all offeseason to fix what went wrong in the 1 game they lost all last season. Not to mention the schedule they have is cake. So back to back 16-0 seasons is not as far fetched as some of you want to think, I know alot of people are saying it because they dont want to "jinx" anything, but there is no such thing as a jinx, the only thing that stops a team from going undefeated is another team they are playing on any given week, and considering that the cots are going to finish the season 8-8, (i can hope if i want to) and the chargers are the most overrated team in the NFL, I see no real threat to the patriots at all.

And, other people say that luck had alot to do with there 16-0 regular season last year, but really it didnt. People think that the time out in the raves game was because of good luck on the pats part, WRONG, it was because someone called a time out...the false start? luck? NO, it was because there was a false starte. How about the holdling call on 4th down in the endzone, was that luck? No, it was because somone was holding.

16-0 is not only possible, its also probable.

16-0. I never want to lose. Ever.

The two aren't related in any way. We've proven that by going 11-5 and winning the Super Bowl, and 16-0 and losing it. The goal is homefield advantage, basically putting the team in the best position to get back and win the Super Bowl. 16-0 does that. Then, you tackle the post-season. There's no magical formula where doing something in the regular season translates into winning the Super Bowl. We didn't lose the Super Bowl last year because we were 16-0. We lost because we made less plays than the Giants on February 3. If We had lost to the Bills on November 18, it wouldn't have helped us win the Giants game.

I want to win every game. I want to be the greatest, ever.

The two aren't related in any way. We've proven that by going 11-5 and winning the Super Bowl, and 16-0 and losing it. The goal is homefield advantage, basically putting the team in the best position to get back and win the Super Bowl. 16-0 does that. Then, you tackle the post-season. There's no magical formula where doing something in the regular season translates into winning the Super Bowl. We didn't lose the Super Bowl last year because we were 16-0. We lost because we made less plays than the Giants on February 3. If We had lost to the Bills on November 18, it wouldn't have helped us win the Giants game.

I agree 100%, I think anyone who thinks losing a game is a good idea, really has no idea what they're talking about.

Pats will go 11-5. The magic is gone. The Giants exposed the Pats weaknesses just like we did to the Rams in SB 36. We have no run game, tight ends or O/L. The defense is slow and old.

Pats will go 11-5. The magic is gone. The Giants exposed the Pats weaknesses just like we did to the Rams in SB 36. We have no run game, tight ends or O/L. The defense is slow and old.

They exposed the Pats weaknesses LAST year and LAST year is OVAH!

We don't know what, if any, weakness the Patriots will have in 2008...we'll see how it goes. "If" I was a bettn' kinda guy and the over/under for Patriots wins was 12.5, I'd bet on the over.

BTW...does anyone know what the over/under is for Pats wins in 2008? :D

Last edited:

:rocker: Great post.

19-0 is the only way to ever make me feel somewhat better about the 2007 season.

Then I can simply look back and look at that as a "warm-up" season towards the true run of perfection.

I still see us as clearly the best team in the NFL and perfection a possibility.

13-3 or 14-2 or 15-1 ???

I'll take the bare minimum of wins to get home field through the playoffs ... I think the number is arbitrary to the goal. The AFC has gotten harsh ... not too long ago 13-3 would get you home field ... now 14-2 is barely making it.

sacking the qb is the pats weakness? Man, who would have thought that sackign a qb could cause a team to lose? The giants are so smart for being the first team EVER to figure out that sacking the qb is the way to win games. Might as well just cancel all football from now on and give the giants the trophy and call it done, since they are the only ones that know how to win games and beat good teams....wait, shouldnt the giants be 19-0?

I want the Pats to win every game, every year, to the end of time.

13-3 or 14-2 or 15-1 ???

I'll take the bare minimum of wins to get home field through the playoffs ... I think the number is arbitrary to the goal. The AFC has gotten harsh ... not too long ago 13-3 would get you home field ... now 14-2 is barely making it.

Not to long ago 11-5 got you a bye.

What? No run game? Have you forgotten what Maroney was doing last year once he was healthy? Not to mention Sammy Morris is coming back and he was a great complement to Maroney last year. Tight ends... well Watson and Thomas are both coming back from injuries and they're both pretty damn good pass catching tight ends (see 2006). Our offensive line? You must be joking. So one game defines an offensive line's ability to protect the quarterback? Nevermind that they gave Brady enough time to knit a sweater while he threw a record setting 50 touchdowns in a season. :rolleyes: The defense, if anything, got younger in the draft. We have Mayo and Hobson now to rotate in and out with Bruschi and Seau (should he even come back) in situational downs. Meriweather has another year under his belt and was looking SOLID in the last couple of games of the season. If anything, we might be a more solid, balanced team than we were in 2007 and I can really see our defense getting better. 14-2, 13-3 at the worst.

Were you even watching this team last year?

You're kidding, right? You're doing a troll type thing or something, right?

I sincerely hope you're kidding. I suppose the tight ends thing is debatable, but every other thing you said is exactly wrong.

It's really doesn't matter if they go 15-1 or 16-0, as long as they win the super bowl in February.

WTF?

I would have hated to see how you reacted if we lost more than one game last season or didn't make it to the SB...:rolleyes: I guess by your reasoning, you could argue that the Ravens also exposed our weaknesses. The Ravens should've beat us. They executed their gameplan well and got after Tom. Wow, that's a real revelation. In fact, I'm not sure why the Pats even bothered to show up for the rest of the season. Hell, not only was "the magic gone" after that game, but the Ravens (and Iggles) also "exposed" the Pats weaknesses. Yet somehow, the Pats managed to finish the regular season and 2 playoff games just fine.

Believe it or not EVERY other team has weaknesses. The job of any team is to exploit the weaknesses in their opponent...how do you not understand that? The Giants did a hell of a job at it. But what does that have anything to do with the Pats next season? It was that game. You learn from it and adjust. I just don't understand what you're getting at, Rab. You need to cheer up. We're lucky to have the kind of team that we do right now. The doom and gloom s*** is old.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are overlooking what a special accomplishment 16-0 was because of the bitterness of the Superbowl loss. The Pats fielded one of the best teams of all time last season. Yes they choked away the big game, but that doesn't negate all the records that they broke or what they accomplished in the regular season last year.

The Pats will take 16-0 again if they can. Winners don't plan on giving away even 1 game.

Especially not because it somehow changes the importance of the next game. Or lightens the pressure.

I for one hope Tom and company don't lose another regular season game for 5 years even if they don't even make another Superbowl.

I mean I would rather have rings but I don't want any team I root for planning on losing even a gam.

College teams almost every year start out thinking a perfect season may be what it takes to be the national champion. Every game has importance.

i think its more pressure for us a fans personally. We want to stake some sort of claim that our team is the best ever. We are afraid to deal with the office Ha Ha if our teams fall just short. So we hope they go 15-1. That attitude is for P@ssys!!!!!!!!

Patriots win. Thats what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back