PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2008 would you rather the Pats end the regular season 15-1 or 16-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2008 would you rather the Pats end the regular season 15-1 or 16-0?

It depends. Right now, I say 15-1. If they are at 15-0 and playing the last regular season game of the year, I will likely want 16-0.

This season they should do what they should have done last year .. when its 30-3 or whatever in Q3, sit Brady and co down and get the youngsters and reserves in. Ditto, if were 13-1 with homefield wrapped up, then rest players and give the others a chance

So many advantages in doing this ... not least of which freshness into the playoffs

With this coach, these vets and this organization? I'll vote for perfection every time. They DID NOT get ahead of themselves last year, IMO, and they won't this year either.

This season they should do what they should have done last year .. when its 30-3 or whatever in Q3, sit Brady and co down and get the youngsters and reserves in. Ditto, if were 13-1 with homefield wrapped up, then rest players and give the others a chance

So many advantages in doing this ... not least of which freshness into the playoffs

They won Super Bowls with the second half of the sixteenth game being the only rest they received. Going into the playoffs flat like that is a great way to lose in the first round.

This season they should just play better in the final game.

If it's one criticism the Pats deserve is that they didn't develop young players like Pierre Woods more last season and as a result his first legit action is in the SB.

If it's one criticism the Pats deserve is that they didn't develop young players like Pierre Woods more last season and as a result his first legit action is in the SB.

Did Meriweather Devolope as the season went on???

or about Maroney did he not develope as the year went on???

I think the Pats actually do a really good job of devoloping young talent as he season goes on. It is very common place in New England for the rookies to take on more of a role as the season goes on.

Also I think Woods did OK when he came into the Super Bowl. It would have been nice if he hung onto the ball on that fumble but I am not sure what a few extra regular season reps would do for him in that situation. Plus, Woods did develope more as the year went on, albeit on STs.

The more wins the better, of course. But if the Pats make the playoffs and win their last game, I don't care if their final regular season record is 10-6 (like last years Giants). I'd be a happy camper.

Being realistic 15-1. Ideally 16-0 and SB, but the odds of that happening are slim. I don't want to hear all the undefeated talk again. I just want a SB victory.

THANK YOU!!!!!

PLEASE STOP IT!!! I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THE WORD UNDEFEATED AGAIN!!!!

Put me down for 16-0.

I'm still hoping that they stick it to the NFL Brass to the greatest extent possible.

Scorched Earth! Leave nothing standing!

16 and 0. That means they will have won 1 more game, than if they finish 15 and 1. :)

Yeah, it worked so well for the Bucs, Cowboys, and Colts last year, right? :rolleyes:

Who were the two teams playing in the Super Bowl? The only two teams who gave it there all in week 17.

15-1 and not winning the SB is still a pretty damn big choke.

I suspect that the pressure of the perfect season, not to mention the stupid rams walkthrough allegation, and the golddigger lawsuit against Moss played some unknown factor in the team's SB loss last season. That being said, if the regular season could unfold exactly as you dictated, but you have no control over the postseason, would you rather the Pats end up 16-0 again or be at 15-1? 16-0 allows a chance at finally claiming perfection but is also a lot more pressure than 15-1. Thoughts?

I'd prefer they go 19-0;) but otherwise I'll take the SB win over anything else. If the only way to achieve that goal is to lose a game or 2 along the way, then 14-2 is just fine with me :)
But, if the Pats actually end up 15-0, I will definitely NOT be rooting for a loss at that point. Go for 16-0:rocker: , then take it to the house.

I want them to win every effin game on that schedule.

With that said: If they are 14-1 week 17 then yank Brady and co after a short while during the season finale. I don't want them rusty going into the playoffs.

I suspect that the pressure of the perfect season, not to mention the stupid rams walkthrough allegation, and the golddigger lawsuit against Moss played some unknown factor in the team's SB loss last season. That being said, if the regular season could unfold exactly as you dictated, but you have no control over the postseason, would you rather the Pats end up 16-0 again or be at 15-1? 16-0 allows a chance at finally claiming perfection but is also a lot more pressure than 15-1. Thoughts?

I haven't read through all 57 or so posts prior to mine, so I'll probably write what many others have. I'd rather have the Patriots at 16-0 and poised to have one more opportunity to shut up all the former Dolphins...ESPECIALLY Mercury Morris....

Shall we give him a call when we get in his neighborhood?;)

As long as they go to the dance and go home with the prom queen I don't care what their season record is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes