Welcome to PatsFans.com

In 2008 would you rather the Pats end the regular season 15-1 or 16-0

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by VJCPatriot, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

I suspect that the pressure of the perfect season, not to mention the stupid rams walkthrough allegation, and the golddigger lawsuit against Moss played some unknown factor in the team's SB loss last season. That being said, if the regular season could unfold exactly as you dictated, but you have no control over the postseason, would you rather the Pats end up 16-0 again or be at 15-1? 16-0 allows a chance at finally claiming perfection but is also a lot more pressure than 15-1. Thoughts?
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Being realistic 15-1. Ideally 16-0 and SB, but the odds of that happening are slim. I don't want to hear all the undefeated talk again. I just want a SB victory.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

What you're really asking is whether people place the quest for the Perfect Season above that of solely getting another Super Bowl ring.

I want them both - and I don't want to see them lose - but if they do lose a game (and we really should get the notion of a Perfect Season our heads at this stage, but I digress) I think there will be a sense of relief among fans and players that the pressure of a Perfect Season is no longer there.
  4. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think the team will lose 3 games,maybe as much as 4 if they screw up late in the season so IMO this thread is irrelevant but to those who dream - move on with it and enjoy the fantasy discussion....
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

couldn't have said it better myself
  6. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

realistically? a perfect 16-0

the biggest (and more so in my opinion) reason the pats lost, was because of ****yness

yea, i know its the pats, but its a human quality, and the pats are humans...it got to them

let them go 16-0 again, and this squad will not make the same mistake they made last yr...this time around, they would make it 17-0

(not that it matters, no matter the record, the pats take teh sB this year)
  7. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They made it to 17-0 last year - WHATS YOUR POINT??
  8. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

15-1 still doesn't guarantee we won't choke away another one, I say let's go for perfection again. Honestly, I'll be happy as long as we have a first round bye and we're reasonably healthy going into the playoffs, those are the priorities on my wish list. Third on the list would be 16-0. Fourth would be another choke by Manning and company in the earlier rounds :cool:
  9. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0

Honestly I don't understand why there is so much discussion about 16-0. Did last year not prove that the focus should be on the won - loss record in February rather than the Week 17 record?

Historically, an undefeated regular season happens about once every thirty years. Is it not rather pompous for us Pats fans to not only consider another 16-0 season just one year later, but to go one step beyond and debate whether that would be good or bad?

Last year was an awesome ride (until the last minute of play) - let's enjoy this season the same way. Me, I'm going to go in to this season hoping for the best behind a very good team that will compete against several very talented opponents. For those of you that don't recall, the Pats lost nine games in the three Lombardi years; I will gladly take a 13-3 season with red white and blue confetti in Tampa on February 1st over another 16-0 season with all that additional scrutiny and pressure.
  10. hernandeztribe

hernandeztribe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Forget 16-0 or 15-1. I would be very happy with a 10-6 regular season record as long as we win Super Bowl XLIII. That is all that matters. But would it be ironic if this year we have the number 1 defense in points allowed. Just a thought.
  11. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

UMM...good point

i mean 19-0

(i just forgot about those meaningless playoff games you know...i mean...who watches those anyways)
  12. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

For the millionth time pressure had nothing to do with us losing the Super Bowl.

86 yard drives led by Eli Manning are not a result of a team under pressure, but a bizarre turn of events that can not be described in human terms.
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

being outcoached and outplayed is a partial result of too much pressure.
  14. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

id rather have them 15-1 and win the SB than 16-0 and lose it again, but I would like 19-0 the most
  15. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I'd prefer a 16-0 finish.
  16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

That says it right there.

and IMO anyone who doesn't want to win every game is just fooling themselves and trying desperately to explain the freak Phenomenon of last years SB.
  17. rayyu882

rayyu882 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

16-0...

But all I care is winning the SB... I don't want another perfect regular season and came up short at the end...
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  18. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

:yeahthat:

I don't understand how someone can take 15-1 over 16-0, especially for this team. They've already been 16-0, a second time would be significantly less trying. If the pressure or ****iness really were the reasons for losing the Super Bowl (and I doubt that they were), why wouldn't you assume Belichick can do a better job of keeping his team grounded after having already experienced it?

I want them to win every game, every season; 2008 is no different.
  19. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's what we said last year.

This team is in a realistic discussion for going 16-0 as long as Brady and Moss are together, IMO. At least coming out of last season. I can't see how you can look at this team and not say it's improved defensively and that it has the possibility to improve offensively as well. It's schedule is notably easier, and they still have to play the other two elite teams in the AFC - Colts and Chargers - but they beat them last year as well.
  20. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree totally...IF they win the Super Bowl even at 12-4...I would LOVE that than 16-0..15-1 etc..and losing the BOWL...THAT simple...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.