Welcome to PatsFans.com

Imus is BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The language police thought they could rail-road the grumpy old man out of town, but looks like he gets the last laugh!!

Say what you will about Imus, he is a character. He does hit home with many of his points. I've heard him interview Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw, and Imus knows when to hold his fire and when to make a good point.

Best part: he's going to give Hillary some fits. Along with AlGore. :singing:

---------------------------------

In a dramatic and dazzling career rebound, controversial radio host Don Imus has secured a deal returning him to the airwaves on December 3 -- this time on the nation's most listened to talk station, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

"Imus In The Morning" will make a high-impact resurrection on WABC in New York City, top sources reveal.

"We'll have him on a standard 40-second delay," a studio source explains. "Don is rested, humbled, and ready for war!"

Specific terms of the deal will not be released, but the host, who was fired by CBS and MSNBC after making disparaging comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team, has inked a eight-figure, multiyear contract with WABC parent company, CITADEL BROADCASTING.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashir.htm

//
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Don Imus today:

[​IMG]
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Kids.

Maybe the "younger" crowd won't listen to Imus -- preferring Howard Stern or whatever -- but Imus still has a demographic that's influential and powerful enough that ABC Talk Radio, the biggest in the New York City region, Hillary's "home base", is shelling out 8 figures to sign him up.

So, he can be a mummy or on cryogenic support, but he's still gonna get an audience. And he's REAL p!ssed at Hillary for making political hay at his expense. He's kinda like the Patriots after Mangina went rat. Hell hath no fury bigger than that snarky stuff.

//
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Always thought of Imus as more of a Left Kinda Guy, friends with Bill Clinton and all. Personally I do not care for him, but whattayougonnado..
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

imus=boring!!!
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Forget Imus
    Get The Gangbangers
    Stop Shooting Your own People

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Personally, I love Imus, Bernie, Brian Wilson, and that whole crew. Funny, funny stuff. Can't wait to hear him bag on all of his so-called "friends" in the media who ditched him at the first sign of trouble (Tim Russert). I don't listen to his show regularly, but I'm a fan of Imus and couldn't be happier he made his way back to the air.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I feel the same way, I never watched him regularly but when I did I enjoyed all his stuff, the same people that want Imus crucified are the same people that stand up and scream, whistle and cheer at that FOUL MOUTHED CREEP, Chris Rock.

Imus made a mistake when he Apologized on that Little Racist Pig Sharptons show he should of hired Air Time and done it on a real newsworthy show, but the people understand what bastards Sharpton, Jessie and their tribe of screaming trouble makers really are and Imus will have a bigger following now than he ever did, the people know that the "race baiters" are out there under their rocks waiting for another slip up from "whitey"

Tim Russert is a phony and always has been, I don't like his sneaky little "grin" I bet Imus has learned a lot after all this double standard sh!t hit him.

Good Luck Imus and remember this, "there are certain people that should be completely IGNORED" stay away from them.
    :bricks:
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's right: Imus has learned a lot about "friendship", especially regarding those in the media world. I think from now on it's going to be: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. He's been burnt once; he's not going to let it happen again. I saw him on TV when he went on Sharpton's show to apologize: he was the picture of repentence. He practically got down on his knees (glad he didn't). And for all his trouble ol' Al just said: "Well, I'm glad you're here, but I'm still going to recommend that you be removed from your position on the air."

Imus's coming back with a vengeance. Hillary: watch your back. Time to get ol' Ragin' Cajun Carville and schlock meister Begala out of moth balls. You're gonna need 'em this time.

"Let's get ready to rock and roll!!!"

///
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Imus is no dummy, he will "Get Them" no matter how much of their Politically Correct Racist Sh!t they try to pull on him.

Jessie Jackoff & Al are two Racist Shakedown Con Men and the only reason they get away with all their rotten crap is because of the color of their skin it protects them from criticism, that in itself is blatant bigotry.

Imus will retun as a much wiser man, and he will make Jesse and Al look like the racist hateful bastards that they really are, but he will now do it the right way, the "politically correct way".
    Goe Get Em Imus

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He's tanned, he's rested, he's loaded for bear. I think he'll score a few before he's done.

//
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

As I said before, always viewed Imus as more of a left winger and not a fan of the right.. be careful for what you wish for..
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

look at Fog getting all excited for the return of goofy Don Imus -- a former coke and booze addict who's about the least threatening physical specimen in history... a guy who called Tucker Carlson a "bowtie-wearing p^ssy" and Rush Limbagh a "fat, pill-popping loser"... accurate as those two assessments may be, it is odd that Fog would be in such a lather for the cracker jock...

i wasn't in favor of his firing this last time, but wow... how many times has this blathering angry old man been fired in his uninspiring career? i dunno, about 8?... really, does anyone listen to him who's not over 40?... never thought his show was really all that... nor his cliquey, snotty "team" behind him... he doesn't have much of substance, and he's never asked the hard questions of anyone the last 7 years... he's full of inside jokes, name-dropping and empty rhetoric.... no research, facts or topical rebuttals...

who really cares that he's back? he'll never have it better than he did on the FAN, and later MSNBC... his schtick is tired and old... and his country music interludes do nothing but get more people to turn the dial...
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Yeah, but what about Health Care & The Minimum Wage