PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Implications of Faiders tanking the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reading Sean P2's post on raiders and their truly horrible team this year and going back to the terrible (for them - great for us; trade of Gabriel) I just have to ask the question.........................

Is Al Davis tanking the season on purpose to get himself able to move out of Oakland and down to LA again? As I recall the last time he wanted to switch cities he let the raiders fall into a bad season so he could claim poor attendance as a reason to justify the move (when it was really all about making money off cities/stadium deals).

And if he is:
Is there an implication there that they would consider a STUPID deal for someone on their team (like Moss - but I don't want to start another who wants - who doesnt want Moss thread)?

Is there anybody besides Moss it would be worthwhile picking up? (a DB say for instance)

Forget the DBs, Morrison at MLB would be worth a nickel. Burgess might be another player capable of making the move to OLB. DL Danny Clark is pretty good, he might be good at DE. Now, that said, I don't see the Faiders trading away anyone they think they can use next year.

For the Raiders to be "tanking" wouldn't that imply they are a really good talented team?

You can't tank when you stink and they stink. They have the worst QB situation in football, one of the worst O-lines in football. And it isn't a case of them not trying to have a good OL. Those are some high picks that are getting killed.

You can't tank when you the worst team in football. The question is whether the raiders should take a 3 year view and trade players who aren't part of their future. The players are tanking.

Duane Starks plays for the Raiders. Maybe we can trade for him.

dhamz said:
For the Raiders to be "tanking" wouldn't that imply they are a really good talented team?

You can't tank when you stink and they stink. They have the worst QB situation in football, one of the worst O-lines in football. And it isn't a case of them not trying to have a good OL. Those are some high picks that are getting killed.

That would depend on who I am accusing of tanking the season. I am not accusing the players; I am accusing MANAGEMENT.

Management is the guys who put all those players together and gave up a solid WR for a 5TH ROUND PICK when his top 2 wrs are either a head case or a guy with a bad attitude on his contract situation. there the guys who didnt try to get Drew Brees or a credible QB there.

Come on we have a ton of conspiracy theorists on this board; none of you could see where Al Davis would purposely make some bad personnel moves so that Art Shell had NO CHANCE of SUCCESS; and then turn around and say
well I can't make enough money here in Oakland;..... I need to move to LA'

Box_O_Rocks said:
Forget the DBs, Morrison at MLB would be worth a nickel. Burgess might be another player capable of making the move to OLB. DL Danny Clark is pretty good, he might be good at DE. Now, that said, I don't see the Faiders trading away anyone they think they can use next year.

Danny Clark is and was a MLB. He was cut in pre season and now plays for the Saints. I really thought the Pats should have picked him up when he was let go.

RIP#40 said:
Danny Clark is and was a MLB. He was cut in pre season and now plays for the Saints. I really thought the Pats should have picked him up when he was let go.
Then I got him confused with the big DE they had who was pretty darn good and gave Light some trouble while Sapp and Washington were napping in the middle.
Of course I don't expect a trade and I don't expect the Pats to be picking throught their locker room - but it was really interesting listening to the voice inflections as NBC was doing the defensive introductions, only Morrison had any fire in his voice, the rest were whipped curs.

The Raiders *finally* have control over their ticket situation after years of mismanagement from the OFMA. They would be silly to just up and move now.

Regards,
Chris

Gumby said:
That would depend on who I am accusing of tanking the season. I am not accusing the players; I am accusing MANAGEMENT.

Management is the guys who put all those players together and gave up a solid WR for a 5TH ROUND PICK when his top 2 wrs are either a head case or a guy with a bad attitude on his contract situation. there the guys who didnt try to get Drew Brees or a credible QB there.

Come on we have a ton of conspiracy theorists on this board; none of you could see where Al Davis would purposely make some bad personnel moves so that Art Shell had NO CHANCE of SUCCESS; and then turn around and say
well I can't make enough money here in Oakland;..... I need to move to LA'
last time i saw al davis on the tube he looked like he had about two years to live. I don't think he is gonna be around long enough to move back to la la land

Gumby said:
Reading Sean P2's post on raiders and their truly horrible team this year and going back to the terrible (for them - great for us; trade of Gabriel) I just have to ask the question.........................

Is Al Davis tanking the season on purpose to get himself able to move out of Oakland and down to LA again? As I recall the last time he wanted to switch cities he let the raiders fall into a bad season so he could claim poor attendance as a reason to justify the move (when it was really all about making money off cities/stadium deals).

And if he is:
Is there an implication there that they would consider a STUPID deal for someone on their team (like Moss - but I don't want to start another who wants - who doesnt want Moss thread)?

Is there anybody besides Moss it would be worthwhile picking up? (a DB say for instance)

It is S-T-U-P-I-D for the NFL to have two teams in the small San Francsico area, when the only other area with two teams is the largest market of NYC. There are zero teams in the second largest market of Los Angeles, only one team in the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, markets of Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia and Phoenix. I don't know exactly where the Bay area ranks but I doubt it is even in the top ten metropolitan markets.

Al Davis, has been careful to never sign a long term lease with Oakland; further he has carefully documented cases and evidence that Oakland and the Coliseum management has not met contractual obligations or promises.

Davis considers the LA market to be hsi, that he was forced to abandon when the NFL did not helpo him erect suitable facilities in the metro L.A. area.

Oakland is the most logical team to move to Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back