Welcome to PatsFans.com

Impeachment proceedings have begun....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 25, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

In Illinois they have begun impeachment proceedings in their legislature, apparently there is little known and never utilized rule of the US House of Reps, section of Jefferson's Manual of the rules of the House of Reps, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature..California is doing the same thing..this is an interesting strategy.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_steven_l_060422_bush_impeachment___t.htm

The Illinois General Assembly is about to rock the nation. Members of state legislatures are normally not considered as having the ability to decide issues with a massive impact to the nation as a whole. Representative Karen A. Yarbrough of Illinois' 7th District is about to shatter that perception forever. Representative Yarbrough stumbled on a little known and never utlitized rule of the US House of Representatives, Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual of the Rules of the United States House of Representatives, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature. From there, Illinois House Joint Resolution 125 (hereafter to be referred to as HJR0125) was born.

Detailing five specific charges against President Bush including one that is specified to be a felony, the complete text of HJR0125 is copied below at the end of this article. One of the interesting points is that one of the items, the one specified as a felony, that the NSA was directed by the President to spy on American citizens without warrant, is not in dispute. That fact should prove an interesting dilemma for a Republican controlled US House that clearly is not only loathe to initiate impeachment proceedings, but does not even want to thoroughly investigate any of the five items brought up by the Illinois Assembly as high crimes and/or misdemeanors. Should HJR0125 be passed by the Illinois General Assembly, the US House will be forced by House Rules to take up the issue of impeachment as a privileged bill, meaning it will take precedence over other House business.
  2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=39&contentid=3443&page=2

"California Assemblyman Paul Koretz of Los Angeles (where the LA Times has now called for Cheney's resignation) has submitted amendments to Assembly Joint Resolution No. 39, calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney. The amendments reference Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual of the Rules of the United States House of Representatives, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature."

"The resolution, in the words of Koretz's press release, 'bases the call for impeachment upon the Bush Administration intentionally misleading the Congress and the American people regarding the threat from Iraq in order to justify an unnecessary war that has cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives and casualties; exceeding constitutional authority to wage war by invading Iraq; exceeding constitutional authority by Federalizing the National Guard; conspiring to torture prisoners in violation of the 'Federal Torture Act' and indicating intent to continue such actions; spying on American citizens in violation of the 1978 Foreign Agency Surveillance Act; leaking and covering up the leak of the identity of Valerie Plame Wilson, and holding American citizens without charge or trial.'"

[​IMG]

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

And that can be followed by Republican controlled state legislators going after the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Kennedy and Hillary. Won't the bloodbath be fun started by the uniters known as the Democrat party.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Win an election once and than start you garbage, just another liberal falacy until than.

Your polls don't mean crap until Novemeber. Willing to place a bet on the November elections if your so sure the donkeys will win? Doubt it, just a puss like your bud AAB.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Impeachment, "in your dreams" :singing: :singing: :singing:
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Typical response from a blinded right winger, no response to the substance, just attack, attack, defend the leader...I am sure the Swift Boats Folks can dig up some faux pas the legislators have committed in the past and make a huge deal out of it. Over and over again, all folks like you do is react and lash out without ever responding to the substance, the fact here is that it is part of the rules established by Jefferson for the House.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Hey liberal elitist, my opinion is there is no grounds for impeachment. So I was just pointing out that if you do this on no grounds what can of worms are you opening up on the other side?

Swift Boaters suck, Mutha rules ain't Mr. Kool Aid?
  8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hmmmmmm.....interesting
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Liberal Elitist?? Been called lots of thing but elitist is about as far as you can get from my politics, your opinion is not what is at issue. The issue that there is a statute established by Jefferson that allows states to begin impeachment procedures. I has begun in Ill. and California. If that is being elite, I am proud to keep posting threads that have to do with people figuring out there is a way to change this autocracy or theocracy, not sure what it is.
  10. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a question about clinton..... What was the driving force to impeach him, was it something dems did to the previous administration...Reason I ask was, someone mentioned about payback, for denying bork and the thomas hearings...Was is just being vindictive...
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I think the driving force was a political calculation that impeachment was an effective tool for disrupting the president's program and the Democratic agenda, but many have said lingering resentment not only over Bork, but over Nixon's impeachment played a role. Personally, I think it was cynical political calculation that helped the Republicans and hurt the nation. The divisiveness that exists today is the legacy of Newt Gingrich. Some of the Republicans in this forum would have been considered extremist prior to Newt.
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

PFEIL,
    So, obviously, your idea of whats best for america is autocratic rule and global hegemony? You'd be right at home in China you friggin moron. Your blind following of a bunch of criminals makes you guilty by association. Furthermore, your willfull ignorance of the death of americans and the deceptive reasoning behind those deaths makes you complicit to the crime itself. Finally, your adherence to neo-conservative policies makes you directly to blame (in addition to all other neo-cons) for any future terrorist attacks on america.

So, *****, in the words of your beloved Cheney "Go Phuck Yourself" Sh!theel.

PS Do your superiors know you spend hours posting ignorant crap on the taxpayer dime??
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Oh yeah I can see how an idependant voter in Pennsylvania will be happy that the California legislator deciding on thier own what to do with the president. Please keep thinking that.

Tell me which state will be next?

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/legman/statevote/legpartycontrol_post2000.htm
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

If you would follow my direction I gave you yesterday maybe you could come down here and ask them, or maybe you are just the coward that I figured you out to be. You can make personal attacks from your keyboard, but never have to back them up?

You go to the games? I sit in Sect. 225 Row 1, Just ask for me, If you have the balls.

This isn't Europe and never will be maybe you would like it better there?

No attacks since the so called "neo-con" policies have been installed.
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, are you challenging AAB to a fight? What is this, grade school? Where's Harry Boy when you need him?
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So I should just take his attack?

Thats right he is a fag ******* liberal like you, so it is OK?
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So how do you want to do this? Pistol duel at the old corral at high noon? How would you kicking his ass, or him kicking your ass, help answer who's right?
  18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I don't care about his politics, why should I have put up with him questioning my character?
  19. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ya, I listened to newt on c-span, and the repubilican congress today, has lost what he brought as ideals, such as a balanced budget...What happened to those ideals, hopefully in november there will be new blood with a better policy of controlling the debt, dem or rep...Theres a huge pile of sh-- to clean up
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Did you forget about the attacks that have killed and injured thousands of US soldiers?

Also, speaking as moderator here, please don't threaten people. I don't think that's tolerated anywhere on this website.