Welcome to PatsFans.com

Impeachment hearings: The White House prepares for the worst

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/impeachment.htm

The Bush administration is bracing for impeachment hearings in Congress.

"A coalition in Congress is being formed to support impeachment," an administration source said.

Sources said a prelude to the impeachment process could begin with hearings by the Senate Judiciary Committee in February. They said the hearings would focus on the secret electronic surveillance program and whether Mr. Bush violated the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Administration sources said the charges are expected to include false reports to Congress as well as Mr. Bush's authorization of the National Security Agency to engage in electronic surveillance inside the United States without a court warrant. This included the monitoring of overseas telephone calls and e-mail traffic to and from people living in the United States without requisite permission from a secret court.

This is from a conservative magazine. It's encouraging to see that there are some Republicans and conservatives who believe in checks and balances and the U.S. Constitution.

2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Check your reading comprehension, when did it in that article support impeachment? What I got from it was that some rogue democrats will try to do this and they will be ready.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think his reading comprehension is spot-on, as far as your political comprehension, I have no comment... Patters never claimed the authors of the article supported impeachment, but he did say some Republicans support checks and balances, which must be true if these hearings are to be held at all. Since the House has a Republican majority, all comittee chairmanships belong to the GOP. Unless Republicans wanted to launch a probe, there would be no probe. This is encouraging, though it will never in hell end with a conviction in the Senate (even if he were impeached).

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Your liberal rump sucking is obnoxious to say the least! :mad: Not to mention your high and mighty attitude, go f your self if you think you are so much smarter and better than everyone else around here. Both you and the other poster take an article that mentions A and you 2 try to tie is to B & C. Don't, unless somehow you and the other poster have more information about this than everyone else? No it is the Bush bad glasses you and the other poster look at everything with.

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm picturing you foaming at the mouth as your wrote that. I've never seen somebody's posts jump the shark like this before. Your rant just speaks your frustration with yourself for not being able to actually debate a point.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinions, even if they are incomplete and inconsistent. But if you expect a response from me, I'd suggest taking issue with specific things I say, not generalities like "an article that mentions A and you 2 try to tie is to B & C."

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  6. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I find the ignore function to work in these circumstances, unless people reply with quotes the person whom you are ignoring. On that basis, I suggest that none of us use the quotation button when replying to posters, unless it's to quote me as everyone loves me. :D

7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You can always tell it by when the angry smilie is used. That becomes the key indicator of frustration here.

The WH has been launching a full out PR blitz to combat the perception that they have broken the law- which they clearly have. Unfortunately for them, not too many legal authorities are buying into their argument that it was either authorized in the constitution or that it was being used while briefing Congress on it.

This flimsy legal position has a few in the extreme minority rankled on this, and all they can do is repeat the old mantra "you <insert insult here> Bush basher"

8. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How can anyone dislike a representative of the culture that brought us Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, and Boddingtons?

I spent five years there (Suffolk County) and loved it. Great people who understand the importance of the neighborhood pub.

9. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Dont leave out Fawlty Towers

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...not to mention Elizabeth Hurley and Rachel Ward...

11. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks! Mmmmmm, Boddingtons. Living in London, we have lots of pubs, but very few of them have that nice, local feel to them. It's one of the things I miss about Northern England. :(

Anyway, my point was that if someone doesn't like poster x, just stick them on the ignore list!

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

In a time of war the President CAN wiretap. He briefed Congress, they agreed, the haters are just pounding on it to keep it on the front page.

The AWOL thing is history and this "Wiretapping Thing" is all they have left.

Bush wipes the floor everyday with the Sore Losing Haters as soon as he gets out of bed in the morning.

Liberalism is gasping it's last breath all over the world.

GW Bush is the President and it drives the "Looney Neo Libs" INSANE.

13. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harry, I didn't realize you so strongly support the authoritarian cause.Here I was thinking you were more of a libertarian with your drug war rhetoric. But in fact, you fully support authoritarian rule and a loss of liberty for a little temporary "safety". As Ben Franklin would say, you deserve neither liberty nor security. Theres a powerful nation called China that may more appropriately suit your tastes. Get packing.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I am a "free thinker" on many things I am a libertarian, when I support a cause it is because I live in a "free democracy", I am exercising my freedom of speech when I bash liberals and when I "DEFEND MY PRESIDENT IN A TIME OF WAR".

I exercise my freedom of speech just as Cindy Sheehan, Michale Moore, Al Franken, Ann Coulter, Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh do. "America"

Nancy Pelosi thinks she is right and I am wrong.
    I think Pelosi is wrong and I am right.
    "AMERICA"

Freedom of speech and thought is not only for the "Left Wing Liberal" we are out here also, "We elected this President and we intend to stand by him when our free country is in danger"

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

And he's been making the world more dangerous, so that people like you will stand by him. At some point, maybe you'll realize he's using fear to manipulate you.

16. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

good, enjoy your free speech while you have it. You are so numb you must think that the best course of defending democracy is to become an authoritarian state.

Good logic there. George Boy in the Bubble Bush and Karl Rove have completely brainwashed you. Free thinker my *****.

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Somebody mentioned it in another thread (I can't recall if it was Patters or AAB), but it's worth repeating: if you like Bush taking civil liberties to fight the War on Terror, you must think Fidel Castro is an excellent leader!