Welcome to PatsFans.com

Impeach to stop an Invasion

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Just read this today. Impeachment might be the only way to stop the illegal invasion of Iran and the global war to follow. Apparently, against everyones suggestions, studies and opinions, the administration has taken diplomacy off the table. Whats next?

"There is a decent chance that within the next month or two the New Mexico State Legislature will ask the U.S. House of Representatives to begin impeachment proceedings against President Bush and Vice President Cheney. And there is the definite possibility that a Congress Member from New Mexico will take up the matter when it gets to Washington. The Jefferson Manual, rules used by the U.S. House, allows for impeachment to be begun in this manner. It only takes one state legislature.

No governor is needed. One Congress Member, from the same state or any other, is needed to essentially acknowledge receipt of the state's petition. Then impeachment begins.

Last year the state legislatures of California, Minnesota, Illinois, and Vermont introduced but did not pass resolutions to send impeachment to the U.S. House. The State Senator who introduced the bill in Minnesota is now a member of Congress, Keith Ellison. He is one of many Congress Members waiting for the right moment to impeach Bush and Cheney. The state of New Jersey has a strong activist movement working to introduce and pass impeachment this year. There's a race now to see which state can do it first, which state can redeem these United States in the eyes of the world. New Mexico is jumping into the contest in a big way, with a terrific leading sponsor of the bill, strong Democatic majorities in both houses, and a citizens' movement ready to hold its government to account."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=SWA20070124&articleId=4582

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would you have called for Rosevelts impeachment to stop the illegal invasion of Nazi Germany?

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

We are not going to invade IRan. Even if we wanted to we couldn't. Who would we invade with?

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

tell us how the two conflicts are similar again, besides that both involve guns and rockets? tell us what percentage of the country was against fighting in 1939-41? also, when Japan hit us, did we go after China or some other unrelated nation?

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Israel and the UK.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

thats a rediculous question....there are more parallels between hitler and bush than hitler and the president of Iran. INVASION being the #1 seed.

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

got that right...

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Holy, I mean with what soldiers? The UK is not going to help us invade IRan, even if we wanted to invade Iran, which we don't. Someone in another forum made a very good point about the new emphasis on Iran, which they felt could be a strategy aimed at having some clout when trying to engage them dimplomatically. The feeling by some, which I support, is that we have no bargaining chips with Iran right now. I read where GW doesn't liek to approach negotiations without holding some cards, or the upper hand. When you consider some of it all, you could conclude that the current actions are an attempt to gain some negotiating capital. I stress could conclude. either way, we're not going to attack Iran. We'd be nuts to.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I agree that its frickin insane to attack Iran. but its on the way....Its not going to be a ground invasion...it will be 'tactical nukes' cruise missles and bombing raids. There are no plans for negotiation, never have been. This destabilization of IRAN and the middle east is the plan, and has been for quite some time.

check operation clean break. My prediction is that this happens before April. I have been wrong before and hope to be wrong again.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Tactical nukes? Oh my. :bricks:

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I know....worst term ever.

redundantly awesome.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bush and his underlings are not nuts?

13. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I dont recall Germany threatning us in any way...So why did we invade?

14. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Germany had declared war on us, was allied with Japan, who outright attacked us, and we were allied with Russia, who was fighting a ground war with Germany.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, after invading the entire European mainland, our main trade and economic partners in the world, as well as forming an alliance with Japan, who attacked us directly, i guess the writing was clearly on the wall... oh, and then there was that thing called WWI where there was a history of hostility 23years prior, and the fact that Germany declared war on US!!!... i see a distinct difference, not you?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

you have half of that right. I doubt even the British are ready to go there.

But the Israelis, thats a different story.

It will be something like a "limited strike" in the sense that people will be dying more from 1000 years of fallout than actual instant death.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Well, we're not invading Iran, nor are we going to use nukes of any kind against them. The increased rhetoric against Iran is aimed at, as some people have mentioned in another forum with which I agree, to increase our bargaining power were we to approach them diplomatically. When you look at current events in a broader sense, you can see where that is plausible.

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The Iranians aren't buying any of the traitor administration's verbage and fist shaking jive. If we can figure out that the US can't invade or nuke Iran (or anything else for that matter) then the president of Iran sure can. This president of ours is more of a threat to our own country (and Iraq) than he is to Iran, Korea, or any other country. This idiot has committed so much to "success" and "victory" in Iraq that we have nothing left in the tank. I wonder what this prick would do if the Russians decided they wanted Alaska back? Would he abandon his "Noble Cause" to protect the homeland?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

When people in this forum think we're going to nuke Iran, why wouldn't the leader of Iran think so to? I know you hate GW, it's understandable. I'm simply trying to put forth what "might" be the case. Some would maybe say that he's invaded two muslim countries already, so what's a 3rd? Personally, I never thought invading, or attacking Iran was an option, and I still don't now.

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I disagree. The average American thinks the Iranians are the same as Iraqis or any other Muslim country. They thin Iran is a bunch of ignorant pygmies or something when the truth is the Persian culture is one of the oldest and most sophisticated in the world with a great and complex history. Pats Blue can tell you that. Most Yanks think this guy can be scared, but I'll bet he's as relaxed as can be and very happy he'll soon join the Nuke club. Even if USrael bombs their installations, they won't be deterred and will come back to try again. I don't blame them one bit.