Welcome to PatsFans.com

Impeach SCJ Scalia

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MosiT, May 1, 2008.

1. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

These kind of on line petitions rarely, if ever, go anywhere but I found this one to be quite interesting and in my unqualified opinion, to be very relevant.

The charges in the petition appear to be very well backed up by US and judicial law.

http://www.petitiononline.com/1776imp/

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Impeaching Supreme Court Justices is a dangerous precedent to set so I'm gonna take a pass on this one. That being said, this guy is an absolute moron, and how he became SCJ is a mystery to me. He recently said that torture isn't unconstitutional and doesn't qualify as cruel and unusual punishment because torture is used in interrogations it isn't "punishment." Yeah, these are the people who occupy the most prestigious and powerful judicial seats in our country. Scary.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  3. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I said, this will go nowhere at all.

But the issues taken up in the charges all seem to be well documented and well within the framework of impeachable offenses.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

This is why there is more than one judge, if there were only one it would be viable.. but his extremism is diminished by the majority.. I think???

5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

That's what we were duped into thinking when John Roberts and Samuel Alito were confirmed. Suddenly when Roberts was nominated judicial philosophy was out of bounds to discuss during the confirmation process and he basically said nothing during the whole thing. The result is that we are left with one of the most conservative Chief Justices in SC history and a 5-4 court that defers to the executive on anything, often at the cost of individual constitutional rights.

Two interesting factoids:

1)John Roberts son was quoted as saying that the three highest powers in the world were "My father then George W Bush and then god."

2) Despite all of the bullshit about "judicial activism" that Republicans used to bully their stooges into the court with, Antonin Scalia has overturned more congressional legislation than any SCJ in the history of the court.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

NEM, I am sure there are just as many people who feel the same about John Paul Stevens.

7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd pick the guy from my home state and adjoining town, Souter. Good God what a whiny little...never mind.

I think I'm going to go to that petition site and start a petition demanding that NEMosiT be banned again.