PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Impact of the rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they only give Super Bowl MVPs to QB's who suck then. Brady had 145 yards passing in Super Bowl 36.

I didnt say he sucked.

But, two things.

1. Brady was asked to be a game manager in 2001 and not to throw the ball all over the field.

2. Brady won the MVP because of what he did in the final minutes.

I didnt say he sucked.

But, two things.

1. Brady was asked to be a game manager in 2001 and not to throw the ball all over the field.

2. Brady won the MVP because of what he did in the final minutes.
Out of curiosity, during the 2 minute drive did Brady throw the ball all over the field Triumph?

Out of curiosity, during the 2 minute drive did Brady throw the ball all over the field Triumph?

There was little choice with time running out.

1) The fact that we scored 41 points
2) The fact that the discussion was about THE PATRIOTS TRADITIONALLY STRUGGLING VS MIAMI not if the offense had good stats in that game

Never in NFL history has a team scored 21 points off a KO, punt and INT. And, the first 7 by the offense was set up by the defense putting the ball at the Miami 15.

The offense struggled at Miami, but the team won. Just like the SD game.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The team won 41-14. Brady didn't need to throw. Brady is a HOF because of winning not passing yardage totals.
Even Brady wasnt pleased with the performance and expected to hear plenty from BB. But, he was very pleased that the special teams and defensse came through to win the game.

You better have a stellar defense and special teams if you expect to win with 153 passing yards every week.

You have totally abandoned the topic of this discussion.

No, I havent. They were sort of similar games. Flukie plays determined the outcome.

They are part of the team, we are talking about the team.

Im talking about the offense struggling.

Please explain to me what that has to do with determining whether the Patriots have traditionally struggled vs Miami. You are talking about something that may affect a future game, how can that address what happened in the past?

All Im saying is that you shouldnt be counting your chickens before they hatch.

I can't believe you are STILL trying to defend your "The Patriots (.700 wining "percentage") struggle with Miami" nonsense!!
jester.gif

Give it UP, man.

This is PATHETIC.
jester.gif

Never in NFL history has a team scored 21 points off a KO, punt and INT. And, the first 7 by the offense was set up by the defense putting the ball at the Miami 15.

The offense struggled at Miami, but the team won. Just like the SD game.
Again you move the goalposts.
Did the PATRIOTS struggle in that 41-14 win?

Even Brady wasnt pleased with the performance and expected to hear plenty from BB. But, he was very pleased that the special teams and defensse came through to win the game.

You better have a stellar defense and special teams if you expect to win with 153 passing yards every week.
Again you move the goalposts. Did the PATRIOTS struggle in that 41-14 win?

No, I havent. They were sort of similar games. Flukie plays determined the outcome.
The topic was that the Patriots traditionally struggle against Miami and SD.
You decide to isolate that to September games in Miami. When you learned that there hasnt been one since 2000, you moved the argument to an October game in 2010 that the Patriots won 41-14 as your proof that THE PATRIOTS TRADITIONALLY STRUGGLE VS MIAMI and now its because defense and special teams contributed to the blowout.

Im talking about the offense struggling.
Your talking about something but it certainly isn't the topic

All Im saying is that you shouldnt be counting your chickens before they hatch.
I am not. I am saying the Patriots have not traditionally struggled vs Miami and you are throwing in points that prove my argument and calling them points that disprove it and adding totally irrelevant issues.
The discussion isn't about the game in September 2011 its about whether the Patriots have traditionally struggled vs Miami.
You can't still hold that they have after this thread can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back