PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IMO, The PATS at #21 should not take ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
S. Moss WR

Does anyone else have a strong objection to the Pats drafting a certain player in the first round?

bevster said:
Does anyone else have a strong objection to the Pats drafting a certain player in the first round?
Cromartie. Only 20 games under his belt, out for a whole year with injury... there's just not enough film on him to make him worth a 1st round gamble. Could he be huge? Sure. Just too much risk for my taste at #21.

Jeff Maillioux QB Bridgewater State College. Man, I would be pissed.

I agree with Moss, Not sure about Tye Hill....

dryheat44 said:

He was second on my list.

Jackson, Williams....

A kicker. Same with the second and third round.

Gramatica might be a huge question mark, and we have no other proven kickers on the roster, but let's not burn an early pick like the Raiders and Jets did. We've got all summer to give every undrafted kicker a tryout if need be.

dryheat44 said:

I think Maillioux has the potential to develop into a decent quarterback in this league. Good arm strength, good frame, good vision, good athletic ability. Just needs to learn the game a little more and adjust to the speed of the game at a high level.

I just made that up.

Moss and Cromartie are about it, though I don't really want Carpenter either unless Greenway and Lawson are off the board (I'd rather have Kiwanuka or Hali over him too).

primetime said:
I think Maillioux has the potential to develop into a decent quarterback in this league. Good arm strength, good frame, good vision, good athletic ability. Just needs to learn the game a little more and adjust to the speed of the game at a high level.

I just made that up.

That's OK. I made up the name.

re

For some reason I don't feel comfortable with Carpenter. He doesn't seem like a sure thing to me.

maverick4 said:
For some reason I don't feel comfortable with Carpenter. He doesn't seem like a sure thing to me.

If BB takes him that's good enough for me - but I have heard other so-called draft experts point out that among his teammates, he was often the last guy in on the play

Realistic Picks,
Cromartie,
Jackson (I would need to do some serious drinking after)
Williams
White
Pope

Unrealistic
Young
Huston
Your Mom

maverick4 said:
Interesting, I was thinking he's more of a sure thing than any of the "tweeners" that would fall to us. jmo.

Nick Mangold, C

Nice player. Just boring, and a let down after months of anticipation.

I don't want any WR in the first round.

I like this post, instead of who DO you want, who DON'T you want...

Moss
Jackson
Greenway
any safety besides Huff

Jackson- U Fla receivers scare me, and he just seems like the next combine warrior bust.
Cromartie- No Starting track record (OK 1 start) is just too much of a gamble at 21.
J Allen- Ask R Colvin how long it takes to come fully back from serious hip injuries.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
A kicker. Same with the second and third round.

Gramatica might be a huge question mark, and we have no other proven kickers on the roster, but let's not burn an early pick like the Raiders and Jets did. We've got all summer to give every undrafted kicker a tryout if need be.

:agree: If Belioli take a kicker on Day One, I predict Pats fans will be marching, pitchforks and torches in hand, on Gillette Stadium.

bevster said:
S. Moss WR

moss shouldnt go until the 2nd round anyways

letekro said:
Nick Mangold, C

Nice player. Just boring, and a let down after months of anticipation.
I can't help thinking that of all the responses here, yours is the most likely to actually happen (not at 21 but with a slight trade down I think). :D I'd probably fling things at my tv at that one too, then probably come to realize it's brilliance only later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes