PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imitation is the sincerest form of "Jets Suck" flattery

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What a treat to open the bye week Boston Globe sports page and find Ben Volin's version of the annual and epic "Jets Suck" thread. Only Joe Namath, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Vinny Testaverde, and the immortal Pat Ryan have ever won a playoff game in Jets franchise history (12-13). Tom Brady is 18-8 as a starting QB in the playoffs.

More data from p-f-r here to check out: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/career-passing.htm

09sunfoot.jpg

Last edited:
And to think those scumbags cheered when Pennington went down. He was one of the best things to happen to that dump of a franchise, post-Namath.

I wonder how much of this has to do with the overall suckitude of the entire franchise. I mean, drafting a QB is one thing, but organizations can totally fail to develop guys too.

For all the crying and whining earlier about how the Jets could have drafted Brady, they would have just ****ed him up and he'd be selling insurance within 2 years.

BB has done an incredible job developing starting QBs. I don't know if Tom would have turned into a HOFer anywhere else. Then there's the development of 7th-rounder Cassell and UDFA Hoyer developing into starting-caliber QBs. I am interested to see Mallett too. For all we know, he could be the 2nd-best QB in the league but he'd be sitting the bench in NE because we've got the GOAT. (disclaimer: I don't actually believe Mallett will be the 2nd-best QB in the league).

So part of it is definitely talent, but a large part also has to be attributed to the coaches, the FO, the plan to develop the QB. And with the Jets sucking at every single level, pretty much every QB who goes there is doomed like Drew said.

I wonder how much of this has to do with the overall suckitude of the entire franchise. I mean, drafting a QB is one thing, but organizations can totally fail to develop guys too.

For all the crying and whining earlier about how the Jets could have drafted Brady, they would have just ****ed him up and he'd be selling insurance within 2 years.

BB has done an incredible job developing starting QBs. I don't know if Tom would have turned into a HOFer anywhere else. Then there's the development of 7th-rounder Cassell and UDFA Hoyer developing into starting-caliber QBs. I am interested to see Mallett too. For all we know, he could be the 2nd-best QB in the league but he'd be sitting the bench in NE because we've got the GOAT. (disclaimer: I don't actually believe Mallett will be the 2nd-best QB in the league).

So part of it is definitely talent, but a large part also has to be attributed to the coaches, the FO, the plan to develop the QB. And with the Jets sucking at every single level, pretty much every QB who goes there is doomed like Drew said.
You do realize had that snake not left NY, we would have had Brady, and the NE staff that went on to win three superbowl right? I don't see how we would have screwed him up.

You do realize had that snake not left NY, we would have had Brady, and the NE staff that went on to win three superbowl right? I don't see how we would have screwed him up.

The Browns had BB and a group of football people that would eventually become 9 head coaches/GMs, plus 3 more college head coaches, but it's hard to overcome a dysfunctional organization. You damn well better believe Woody and the Jets would have ****ed up BB and Brady and Company.

Don't forget BB was hated by many and then went 5-11 in his first year with the Pats, finishing last in the division even behind the Jets. Doubt Woody would have had the patience or stomach for that. And I'm sure the Jets would have wanted Pennington to play over Brady no matter what.

There's no doubt the Jets would have ****ed it up.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back