PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsbacker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Let's say the compensation for Gabriel is actually a 5th...and the Pats deal Branch to Seattle for a 1st and a 5th...then the Pats just essentially would have dealt Branch for Gabriel and a 5th....BRILLIANT!!!

Patsbacker said:
Let's say the compensation for Gabriel is actually a 5th...and the Pats deal Branch to Seattle for a 1st and a 5th...then the Pats just essentially would have dealt Branch for Gabriel and a 5th....BRILLIANT!!!

You mean a 1st and Gabriel :p

Patsbacker said:
You mean they would have dealt Branch for Gabriel and Seattle's 1st (and traded their 5th for Seattle's). That would be brilliant - but let's wait and see before we pop the bubbly...

LOL yes that is what I meant...and too late...I've popped the vino already which is why I screwed up my post! LOL

Patsbacker said:

You must of drank a fifth before posting!!

i read a rumor from a person at another board that Seattle is willing to give up Burleson + 2nd round pick

Ahhh the sweet comfort of a good merlot

THEARCHIVES said:
I would rather keep and sign Branch, although it's unlikely.

Not me - not anymore. I stuck with the guy until today.

Now I want him and his dumb ass agent out of here.

Pats website is confirming it is a 5th rd pick....people on the Raiders board are absolutely losing it!!!

PATSNUTme said:
Not me - not anymore. I stuck with the guy until today.

Now I want him and his dumb ass agent out of here.
I think you speak for a lot of us there.

PromisedLand said:
I think you speak for a lot of us there.

Me, for sure.

Forgive and remember.

Patsbacker said:
Pats website is confirming it is a 5th rd pick....people on the Raiders board are absolutely losing it!!!
They are NOT confirming it...it still says, and I quote,

"The Patriots have confirmed the deal, which was first reported in the Oakland Tribune but the initial report did not indicate what the Patriots gave up in the trade. However, it is believed New England sent a fifth-round pick to Oakland in return."

sorry read the headline where it said it was a 5th

Remix 6 said:
i read a rumor from a person at another board that Seattle is willing to give up Burleson + 2nd round pick

Hmm...Branch + 5th for Gabriel, Burleson + 2nd? Sign me up.

Patsbacker said:

No, they're confirming there was a trade.

"The Patriots have confirmed the deal, which was first reported in the Oakland Tribune but the initial report did not indicate what the Patriots gave up in the trade. However, it is believed New England sent a fifth-round pick to Oakland in return."

Being that this is the Pats house organ, that's almost a confirmation IMO.

Remix 6 said:

Burleson just signed a 7 year, 49 million dollar deal with Seattle this year (I don't know the details in the numbers but it must be filled with false years toward the end). No way the Patriots take on that contract for a guy who hasn't shown he is as good as Branch. He has had 1 single really good year. The Seahawks paid a mighty steep price for him. No wonder Branch wants huge money. Some of these teams are willing to sign unproven players to this kind of money. I'm surprised Deion isn't asking for 8 or 9 million a year. This really drives home the point as to why the Patriots can compete year in and year out. Don't pay huge for -not proven enough- players.

A big part of me just wants to let Deion sit out and rot. I would hate send him to a contender like Seattle which could come back to bite us. Plus I don't want to see the little bastard have success.

There's no way we get Burleson and a 2nd for the reason pointed out a couple posts ago, BUT:

Deion for Burleson plus a 2nd is a RIP OFF by the Patriots. Why would Seattle do that?

TheBostonStraggler said:
Burleson just signed a 7 year, 49 million dollar deal with Seattle this year (I don't know the details in the numbers but it must be filled with false years toward the end). No way the Patriots take on that contract for a guy who hasn't shown he is as good as Branch. He has had 1 single really good year. The Seahawks paid a mighty steep price for him. No wonder Branch wants huge money. Some of these teams are willing to sign unproven players to this kind of money. I'm surprised Deion isn't asking for 8 or 9 million a year. This really drives home the point as to why the Patriots can compete year in and year out. Don't pay huge for -not proven enough- players.
However, we don't have to pay his signing bonus. Seattle did and it would be charged to their cap, not ours. I don't know how the $49M is structured but let's say $18M was guaranteed and the last year or two are phoney baloney years with whacky inflated salaries like $10M and $12M. (That would be a typical NFL contract structure.) In that case we might get him for 4 years for $19M, and can cut him whenever because there is no prorated signing bonus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes