PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if this guy has football IQ . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT:Uconn backup QBs amazing tickshots....

They were in a BCS bowl this year.

I know... I'm actually a huge Uconn Football fan. It beats being like everybody else in CT and rootin for the bball teams.

I was so happy when the pats picked Butler.

Doesn't Hoyer beat Brady on the trash can drills?

I don't think the accuracy he displays here says that much about his potential as an NFL quarterback. He must have a killer work ethic if he has come this far from HS though, so I wouldn't count him out.

IIRC, Reiss recounted a drill in which Brady missed once, hit the side 3 times and put one in, then Hoyer missed the can twice, hit the side once and put two in. Then Wilfork came along and dropped it into the can on his first try. Which thereby ended practice since nobody, including BB, could stop laughing.

The high school stats also show him throwing for three touchdowns in a 17-7 win. Pretty special.

In all seriousness though, we'll find out how good he truly is next year.

The high school stats also show him throwing for three touchdowns in a 17-7 win. Pretty special.

In all seriousness though, we'll find out how good he truly is next year.

One was a pick-six? So, he's the next Carson Palmer?

Looks kinda Pennington-y to me. None of those throws has a ton of zip, and like Pennington has accuracy at all distances.

Looks kinda Pennington-y to me. None of those throws has a ton of zip, and like Pennington has accuracy at all distances.

I would gladly take a Chad Pennington who wasn't injury prone.

Draft the beast.

Yes - just as long as opposing teams give him as many "takes" as it took to put this compilation video together

Give a milion monkeys enough time they'd might be able to make those throws as well as write the works of Shakespeare

Yes - just as long as opposing teams give him as many "takes" as it took to put this compilation video together

Give a milion monkeys enough time they'd might be able to make those throws as well as write the works of Shakespeare

Multiple takes on some, took one afternoon. Longest take was 20 for the three in a row attempts at the goalpost. several were one shot takes. The hardest shot of all at the end where he threw it in from across the arena took two takes, with the first hitting the rim. The skeet shot was one take. Second longest take was trying to hit the kick in mid-air.

How much zip do you want on a throw? Bill Walsh, who might have known a thing or two about football and QBs said that one of Joe Montana's best assets was a soft and catchable ball.

Re: OT:UConn backup QB's amazing trick shots

Wonderful video! Charming, intelligent, funny kid -- I wish him every success.

Why is everyone hatin on this kid so much? I live in CT, and I'm a huge Uconn fan. Seriously though, NO football player in the WORLD could get everyone of those shots on the first try. It was something cool to do and so he did it. So what if it took him 20 tries, nobody on this forum could do any of that stuff....

Multiple takes on some, took one afternoon. Longest take was 20 for the three in a row attempts at the goalpost. several were one shot takes. The hardest shot of all at the end where he threw it in from across the arena took two takes, with the first hitting the rim. The skeet shot was one take. Second longest take was trying to hit the kick in mid-air.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/51098/

Last edited:

The writer got things screwed up. I saw the interview, and he was referring to the three in a row hitting the crossbar, not the shot at the end. He mentioned the shot at the end, and I'm sure that's why the writer got things screwed up. Someone on the UConn board--whose name appears in the credits--came on and gave the report I mentioned above.

Why is everyone hatin on this kid so much? I live in CT, and I'm a huge Uconn fan. Seriously though, NO football player in the WORLD could get everyone of those shots on the first try. It was something cool to do and so he did it. So what if it took him 20 tries, nobody on this forum could do any of that stuff....

I think it's VERY cool what this guy did. Last year when I heard about Hoyer and Brady and the trash barrel competition, I went out in my backyard with a barrel. In true Uncle Rico fashion I tried getting it in rom different distances. I sank it once from 20 yards. Hit it a couple of times from about 30. That's it, in a half hour of trying. Try it some time.

These are amazing "shots" this kid is making. I swear the ones seated acrss four courts impress me most.

What's so good about this? I mean it is pretty cool but it probably took a bunch of throws before he made some of these, and of course they aren't going to show the misses. Give any college QB a video camera and a free afternoon and I'm sure they could come up with something similar. Most of the throws weren't even at moving targets either.

Last edited:
What's so good about this? I mean it is pretty cool but it probably took a bunch of throws before he made some of these, and of course they aren't going to show the misses. Give any college QB a video camera and a free afternoon and I'm sure they could come up with something similar. Most of the throws weren't even at moving targets either.

I bet not.

I bet not.

There's so many videos with kids doing these insane basketball trick shots or pool shots. They are obviously not very talented individuals but after many attempts can make tough shots and put a video together. I'm not taking anything away from the dude, I'm sure he's better than most at this. I just don't find it that impressive.

I think it's VERY cool what this guy did. Last year when I heard about Hoyer and Brady and the trash barrel competition, I went out in my backyard with a barrel. In true Uncle Rico fashion I tried getting it in rom different distances. I sank it once from 20 yards. Hit it a couple of times from about 30. That's it, in a half hour of trying. Try it some time.

These are amazing "shots" this kid is making. I swear the ones seated acrss four courts impress me most.

I think the #1 goal of the trash can drill is to consistently get the ball as close to the can as possible. Getting it into the trash can is great for bragging rights. Getting it consistently very close is good Quarterbacking.

There's so many videos with kids doing these insane basketball trick shots or pool shots. They are obviously not very talented individuals but after many attempts can make tough shots and put a video together. I'm not taking anything away from the dude, I'm sure he's better than most at this. I just don't find it that impressive.

You should try going out one day and make just two of those shots.

Not very talented individuals would take an entire lifetime to throw a ball from across an arena into a net. A lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes