PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if this guy has football IQ . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - Johnny Mac Trick Shot Quarterback

Granted, he probably doesn't, because he's the backup at UCONN, but if he did. . . . :eek:

We don't know he doesnt, Brady was a college backup for a while. Anyway, accuracy, poise, and decision making are my top 3 QB competencies, so we know he has exceptional accuracy but we don't know about the others.

I'd be all for BB having him over for a workout when he graduates.

I know that Brady and Hoyer do practice drills trying to drop one into a garbage can in the back corner of the EZ from the 30. This was pretty impressive, though. Be slightly more impressive if he can do it with a 340lb NT about to fall on his ass at full tilt.

Another back up comes to mind, Matt Cassell.

I heard that the most difficult shot was the one with the football on his foot where he hits the goalposts. They had to do 20 takes because half the time the ball fell off his foot when he tried to pop it up, and the other 9 times, he didn't manage to hit three in a row.

Believe it or not, the most difficult shot at the end (netting the ball from across the entire arena) was done in two takes. On the first take, he front rimmed it.

The straight ahead throws on the field were all done in one take.

The basket throws from the catwalk took several takes.

The bounce throws also took several takes.

Skeet shot was done in a single take.

This kid has a pretty decent chance to be the starter this year. He's actually a walk-on.

What year is he in? If he's entering this year's draft, AND those throws are legit, I'd absolutely take him in the 6th round.

I heard that the most difficult shot was the one with the football on his foot where he hits the goalposts. They had to do 20 takes because half the time the ball fell off his foot when he tried to pop it up, and the other 9 times, he didn't manage to hit three in a row.

Believe it or not, the most difficult shot at the end (netting the ball from across the entire arena) was done in two takes. On the first take, he front rimmed it.

The straight ahead throws on the field were all done in one take.

The basket throws from the catwalk took several takes.

The bounce throws also took several takes.

Skeet shot was done in a single take.

This kid has a pretty decent chance to be the starter this year. He's actually a walk-on.

And, luckily for K Dave Teggart, the William Tell throw was done in one take. :)

What year is he in? If he's entering this year's draft, AND those throws are legit, I'd absolutely take him in the 6th round.

He's still in school, not in the draft. He has at least a year left. As a walkon, obviously he hasn't taken a redshirt year. If he wins the job, he can win a scholarship as well and consider his first year a redshirt which means he has up to two years left.

He's 6'3"

Re: OT:Uconn backup QBs amazing tickshots....

this guy is amazing............loved the part at the end where he throws the football into the basketball net from faaaaaaaaar away
Code:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/johnny-mcentee-trick-shot-video_n_820572.html
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0WMd0Y6hIw&feature=player_embedded

Already posted in the draft forum. ;)

Draft the beast.

Draft the beast.

UCONN!!! hahaha

Fun to watch ... it took him 20 tries to do the goalpost trick.

He'd be the starter if he had more accuracy during the games i think.

Doesn't Hoyer beat Brady on the trash can drills?

I don't think the accuracy he displays here says that much about his potential as an NFL quarterback. He must have a killer work ethic if he has come this far from HS though, so I wouldn't count him out.

this guy is amazing.
Code:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/09/johnny-mcentee-trick-shot-video_n_820572.html
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0WMd0Y6hIw&feature=player_embedded

I never knew getting shots for ticks could be amazing ... :rolleyes:

Fun to watch ... it took him 20 tries to do the goalpost trick.

He'd be the starter if he had more accuracy during the games i think.

Not necessarily. The former coach has a reputation for choosing the less accurate passer. He prefers kids who don't make mistakes even if it means they can't hit the broadside of a barn. He's Maryland's problem now. This kid actually has a chance to start this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down