PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if it were the Pats Exploiting this Loophole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
people need to stop with the 'oh woe is me and my team'

it's pretty pathetic

I think Leon Washington did this once before, maybe with the Cheathawks?

500x305-20121107-brady-press.jpg

"Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out." ;)

Yes, I definitely recall this being executed before (and the announcers giving the guy kudos for his football IQ).

I agree that the rule should be changed but I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact that it's not.

Nothing wrong for them doing it, but the rules should probably be fixed. Not really intended that way.

It's definitely not what the rules intended, but any fix I can think of would just introduce new potential corners to exploit.

In the end, every rule has its edge cases, and this one by its nature won't come up too often. I don't mind there being opportunities for teams and players with great situational awareness to take advantage of.

Nothing wrong for them doing it, but the rules should probably be fixed. Not really intended that way.

Brilliant actually, for figuring it out. I'm surprised the Pats haven't coached it.

But, of course, if the Pats did it, the rule would be changed, as it probably should be anyway, during the next off season.

people need to stop with the 'oh woe is me and my team'

it's pretty pathetic
I'll respectfully disagree. It's not about having a pity party; it's about pointing out double standards and inconsistencies of the media and league, specifically in relation to the Patriots vs the other 31 teams. When these inconsistencies lead to losing draft picks and players on the field and a consistent narrative that simply isn't true (pats are dirty rotten cheaters, anyone else it's just smart strategy), they should be vocalized and pointed out.

Maybe an addition to the rule would help...such as..any player that steps out of bound becomes non participant to play. Unless, of course he is forced out.

I'll respectfully disagree. It's not about having a pity party; it's about pointing out double standards and inconsistencies of the media and league, specifically in relation to the Patriots vs the other 31 teams. When these inconsistencies lead to losing draft picks and players on the field and a consistent narrative that simply isn't true (pats are dirty rotten cheaters, anyone else it's just smart strategy), they should be vocalized and pointed out.

babycrying.gif~c200

good.....keep pointing them out.....I am sure someone is listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back