Welcome to PatsFans.com

Imagine if a republican tried this:

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, that's right folks. Obama playing golf is good for America! Liberals had a conniption because Bush ate a piece of cake, but Obama playing golf while the Gulf of Mexico is destroyed is just good ole fun for all of us!

White House dismisses critics, defends Obama's golf outings - TheHill.com

In making his point, Burton listed the accomplishments that the White House believes Obama made last week.

“And so after a week where the president was taking on the oil spill, got an historic agreement with BP to put aside $20 billion to pay claims; after a day on Friday when he strengthened lobby and ethics rules in the White House; after going to Ohio to talk about the economy and see the progress that’s being made and some of those stimulus projects that are happening around the country — all the different issues that the president is dealing with, I think that a little time to himself on Father’s Day weekend probably does us all good as American citizens that our president is taking that time,” Burton said.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Wolf = NEP with out the :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At least Wolf tries to discuss within threads...NEP never did that.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I thought NEP was the :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: guy.

6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

To me NEP became funny because of his shear outrageousness.

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you for proving my point. Liberals kept a running tally of everything Bush did, but are showing their gross hypocrisy by gladly giving Obama a free pass.

8. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You act surprised.

How else do you expect them to act, they're liberals. Give them time, this is not going away any time soon.

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

Imagine a Republican playing golf? That is a stretch. ;)

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Little hint to WP - don't start a thread titled "Imagine if a republican tried this" if you don't want us to imagine a Republican trying it - especially if a Republican's already done it.

Better yet - don't act all rightous and table-turny when your mistake is pointed out to you.

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really? Where did a Republican claim that the President playing golf is good for the nation?
    Well I look forward to you showing me an example of where a Republican went out and played golf, and then had the audacity to claim "playing golf is good for America."

People, the thread wasn't meant to criticize Obama for playing golf. Good Lord, playing golf is all the guy does. The thread was a reference to his weak-ass excuse that "Obama playing golf is good for America."

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Another Half azzed thread, that only has life because of internet hysteria, aka the faux outrageous outrage du jour.. do not know if it is good for the country.. but to take about 4 or 5 hours out of a week for something personal is usually not considered all that bad...

Realistically how do you think he should have spent his time on Father's Day?? Are oil industry executives playing golf??

The effort to try to hold the government more accountable than BP is overwhelming, and more and more are agree with Rushbo and Barton that this is a "shakedown" and the US should just foot this bill.

Rush is quite proud of his minions, as they are all good "Dittoheads" (lemmings) maybe someone will believe it.. or if you say this shyt often enough it somehow becomes true.. he is sending out secret decoder rings to all those who spout the continual half truths of the right..

There was the dittohead nation as they sat in the Korova Milkbar, waiting for their master to speak, 'spake Rush', 'spake Rush' they chanted as they waited for the heraldic voice of their leader, Rushbo, all the while trying to make up their rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what they were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old half truths and internet hysteria... and prepare them for the daily battle of fighting the mighty Obama.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I've taken the liberty of substituting 5 week vacations for a golf game - I'm sure you'll grasp the similarity of the two.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan rushed to justify Bush's escape to Crawford by arguing that "spending time outside of Washington always gives the president a fresh perspective of what's on the minds of the American people."

Bush's Exit Strategy: Escape to Crawford

White House aides say this shows that Bush remains very much on the job even while technically on "vacation." They add that the president is getting his daily briefings on intelligence and other matters and has been talking on the phone with other world leaders, such as Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai, Pakistan's Pervez Musharraf, and India's Mommahan Singh, about Iraq and other issues. They point out that Congress is on its own summer break, but Bush can never escape from his duties as commander in chief no matter where he is.

Beyond all this, it's clear that Bush gets a bad rap from critics who say he has taken more vacation time or been away from Washington more than other president.

N&W: Bush's Working Holidays - US News and World Report

To Bush and his advisers, that criticism fundamentally misunderstands his Texas sojourns. Those who think he does not remain in command, aides say, do not understand the modern presidency or Bush's own work habits.

At the ranch, White House officials say, Bush continues to receive daily national-security briefings, sign documents, hold teleconferences with aides and military commanders, and even meet with foreign leaders. And from the president's point of view, the long Texas stints are the best way to clear his mind and reconnect with everyday America.

"I'm looking forward to getting down there and just kind of settling in," Bush told reporters from Texas newspapers during a roundtable interview at the White House on Monday. "I'll be doing a lot of work. On the other hand, I'll also be kind of making sure my Texas roots run deep."

"Spending time outside of Washington always gives the president a fresh perspective of what's on the minds of the American people," White House press secretary Scott McClellan told reporters Friday. "It's a time, really, for him to shed the coat and tie and meet with folks out in the heartland and hear what's on their minds."

Nation & World | Bush's 49th trip to Crawford is a 5-week working break | Seattle Times Newspaper

White House officials did not dispute the Washington Post calculations about Bush's travels. But McClellan said Bush spent much of that time on presidential duties. McClellan noted that Texas is Bush's home, and pointed out that he is accompanied by national security, military and communications support.

"The president, much like members of Congress -- although for a shorter period of time, I might add -- believes it's important to come back home," McClellan said at the briefing.

A White House On the Range

Bush has described playful plans for his days at the ranch, which was finished in the spring. Talking to members of the agricultural youth group FFA last week, Bush joked that he looked forward to "seeing the cows. Occasionally they talk to me — being the good listener that I am."

But White House image-makers worry a lot, and Bush was a bit more serious a few days later when he spoke on videotape to the Boy Scouts of America Jamboree. He read from written remarks: "I'll be going to my ranch in Crawford, where I'll work and take a little time off. I think it is so important for a president to spend some time away from Washington, in the heartland of America."

Some observers say Bush taking a month off could feed a perception fostered by critics that he is disengaged and does not work hard enough.

However, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll of 1,015 people taken in April found that many don't take that view. Of those surveyed, 70% said Bush was working hard enough.
    USATODAY.com - White House to move to Texas for a while

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Liberals:
    They can't seem to see it but their "Beautiful Poster Boy" and that Gang Of Grinning Smirking Rats that are always tagging along behind The Skank Pelosi are slowly destroying Liberalism and the Democratic Party, after the Health Care Crap, The Stimulus Sh!t, The Spending, The Economy, The Arrogance Of Going Against The Will Of The People On Everything, and now The Oil Leaks in the Gulf a disaster on the environment the likes of which we have never seen and for some unknown devious reason this LOUSY CLOWN President we have seems to want it to destroy the Whole Gulf Coast.

The New One Jug Ears Is Trying To Pull Off:
    An American President Wants To Sue An American State For Trying To Enforce The Law (Arizona) this is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in Politics.

Bush was no bargain and he did many wrong things during his terms but he never came off as a "Traitor" he loved his country, NOW LOOK WHAT WE GOT.

HOPE'Y CHANGE'Y.....................:singing:

15. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Wow.

After the "Britons hate Obama" thread, I really questioned whether it could get any more embarrassing for Wolfpack.

I'd post a picture of some fish swimming around in a barrel, but that'd just be piling on :)

16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

OK..........:rolleyes:

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

[​IMG]

What can I say - I've been gone for awhile - got some catchin' up to do.

18. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Obama is a poor president, but I don't think it has anything to do with him going out golfing...

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

It's entirely legitimate to dislike Obama - or any other political or religious figure. What detracts from any intelligent discourse regarding the whys and the reasons is the hype and hyperbole of "Aunt Zucchini" and "False Teeth Pelosi" and "imagine if a Republican did this...." especially when you know, in fact, a Republican HAS done it - and that other Republicans have stuck up for his having done so.

Doing so is counterproductive to a person's own argument because, at best, it simply ticks off those who disagree with him and, at worse, backs them into a corner and forces them to act as closed minded as the original poster, albeit in the opposite direction.

It walls off any constructive dialogue - but hey, since that's just about all you see around here maybe no one's really interested in constructive dialogue - or maybe they just feel they're not up to conducting their own end of one.

20. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My bad...

GOLF??? WTF, is he going to be banging 100 chicks like Tiger now?"?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!