Welcome to PatsFans.com

Imagine if a Republican did this

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, May 28, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice to see the crackhead in chief still focused "like a laser beam" on the economy. But I guess we shouldn't believe an ultra-conservative newspaper like the NY Times, huh?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/28/us/politics/28obama.html?_r=1

Long, slow rounds. A lot of time hunting for balls in the woods. All dished up with a dollop of trash-talking.

The First Golfer brought his duffer’s game to Martha’s Vineyard this week. By Thursday, Mr. Obama had logged three golf games in four days, appearing at one island course after another. He spent five hours on Monday afternoon playing 18 holes at the Farm Neck Golf Club here, two and a half hours on Tuesday playing nine holes at Mink Meadows Golf Club in Vineyard Haven, and several hours playing Thursday afternoon at the Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown.

While Mr. Obama has indulged in other vacation activities — he took his family bike riding Thursday morning, went to the beach on Wednesday and took his wife to dinner Tuesday night — golf has been the only recurring one.
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

Imagine if a Republican played golf on vacation almost a year ago? What?

(and "crackhead in chief"? ok...)
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Imagine if a Republican played golf 3 out of 4 days while on vacation after promising to focus like a laser beam on the economy and with the current crisis we are currently seeing in the Gulf of Mexico. (EDIT:And yes I know this article is from prior to the current disaster, and I apologize for not making that clear - that was entirely my fault and I regret the error).

George Bush made headlines for eating a piece of birthday cake. Obama plays 10 hours of golf and not much media coverage there! Memorial Day weekend? Louisiana coast being destroyed? See you in Chicago! It's my kind of town!
    Yup, crackhead in chief. Get used to it.
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From the link:

I think the little doggy that started this pointless thread would have peed on the carpet if the aforementioned game had gone off.