Welcome to PatsFans.com

Imagine A Bush Getting Away With This

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

President Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan immigrant who ignited controversy last year for living in the United States illegally, has returned to her quiet apartment in a Boston public housing project to prepare for an April 1 deportation hearing that will be closed to the public.

Discuss
    COMMENTS (126)
    Zeituni Onyango, a tall, frail-looking woman in her late 50s who walks with a cane, had fled Boston to stay with relatives in Cleveland last fall after media attention erupted over her case. She was spotted at Obama's inaugural festivities in January and, according to neighbors, returned to Boston a few weeks ago for her third attempt to fight removal from the United States. She had been living in the country illegally since she was ordered deported in 2004.
    Back in Boston, Obama's aunt fighting deportation - The Boston Globe

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +425 / 12 / -26

Are these hearings usually private.. or is this an exception??

Interestingly enough the ACLU is trying to make these hearings open to the public? Strange bedfellow eh??

Is this even what you are talking about?? Sometimes tought to tell....

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

Private Hearing.

She'll stay (free everything) she'll be wandering around the Rose Garden with Michelle hiding eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt.

GOD DAMN BUSH

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +425 / 12 / -26

Say a prayer maybe the ACLU will be successful...

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Actually it should be private. Because its really a distraction this country does not need. My prediction is that she will be allowed to stay. I have no faith that that determination will be made based on the merits of the case.

She's been here illegally since 1984 and already been ordered to be deported. Why the sudden action on it now to determine whether she can stay permanently (granted asylum) is anyone's guess. If someone's willing to put up some cash that asylum will be not be granted in this case. I will certainly take that action. ;)

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Might have something to do with who her nephew is. Anyone ever get help from a relative in a political position on this board? Not defending the practice - I don't like this case at all bu7t I get it. I was glad "it" was there when I needed it years ago. It happens around here all the time.