Welcome to PatsFans.com

Images From Tehran - Shocking Indeed.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 12, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Images from Tehran - Not the MSM's Tehran for sure. These pictures don't mean Tehran is cuddly and warm ... nor do they mean the opposite. But pictures like these don't engrain the proper mentality for the anti-Tehran rhetoric ... so we don't ever see them in the MSM do we. Obama is not hope and change ... because the media calls the shots ... not saying anything new here ... just commenting on the old I guess.

peacetrain
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its to bad that most of these people have to live under a regime they don't want.

A few months ago i saw a clip of an Iranian doing an imitation of Jon Stewart doing an imitation of "W" he had it down pat, really funny.
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Not sure where you were going with this, but Iran's government are still pieces of trash. Iran's citizens weren't protesting an election simply for the hell of it...
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Well we have the same thing here ... as seen by our town halls. I think we're way closer to being similar than we are to being different, but our media portrays it differently. Their media is state controlled our media is supposed to be free but really it's corporately controlled by the same people who get our politicians elected.

So do they rountinely see pictures of inner NY, LA and Chicago or do they see Martha's Vineyard, Colorado and the golf courses of the Carolina's?

We think they will be dangerous if they have nuclear weapons yet we have participated in far more wars in my lifetime than they have. The pictures don't prove anything except they show a side to a country our media does not want us to routinely see. We are always seeing media portrayal of the bad guys as ruling over bad countries. The media engrains who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Post and thread of the year.
  6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

You can also turn this around and use it to describe Americans. People from countries outside of the United States (especially Europe and the Middle East) seem to think that all Americans are just lazy, overweight, racist, warmongers. That's simply not true.
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah...most of us are not racist :D
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

The impact of all war effects mostly the non combatants, that is why war can never be taken lightly or a video game... see Iraq, Viet Nam etc... without regard interesting music in the background, Yusuf Islam, aka Cat Stevens... think he was banned from entering the country for a while.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Feelin a bit lazy today...or is that exhausted?
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's not everyday you find an artist do a tune better as an old man than when he was in his "prime".

YouTube - Yusuf Islam - Father & Son

Muslims are just like everyone else. They're not evil or from another planet. I get sick of people who dehumanize them, their nations or their kids becuase of their leaders POV.
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Nah, the McDonalds large Double Quarter Pounder meal with a chocolate shake and those Marlboro cigarettes made me tired. Not to mention I saw a gook on the way back and had to waste some more energy yelling at him. Now all I want to do is sit back in my recliner and watch some Springer re-runs.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Anything's funny when it's done about "W" try doing it with "Messiah"
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

W could be really funny and i mean that in a good way. To this point i think its much harder to find some trait thats actually funny about Obama.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Some muslims are. Some aren't. The muslims that work with me are as you and me as the next guy. The muslims in SA, Yemen, etc. where they won't let women drive, and sentence rape victims to jail, are not.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. I think the MSM has repeatedly pointed out that the Iranian people are not the problem, and that the government is. We heard that message repeated with the chaos following the election there. Posting pictures of some foliage, or snow covered mountains means what exactly? Our MSM, as eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil as they are in showing horrible pictures of Iran, don't show the dead homosexuals, hanging by the neck from cranes in downtown Tehran, for all the public to see. Have you seen those pictures on the front of the Globe, NYT, or WSJ? Hell no. I've seen them on the front page of Il Messegero though. So for all the snow covered mountains you say they don't show, remember all the publically hung homosexuals too.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That doesn't mean Muslims in general are any worse than Christians or Jews. South African, German, Serbian, and American Christians were pretty horrible in the 20th century, for instance. I guess if you had to pick the most backward, screwed-up religious countries it would go to the hard-core Muslims sh!tholes you mentioned. I'll give you that.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Are we talking about 2009, or 1929? I'm talking about the world we currently live in. I work with Bosnian muslims, and they are terrific people. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the wahabiists in SA are slightly different than the people I'm mentioning. So sure, there are muslims that are no different than Jews, Christians, etc. However, there are also muslims in certain parts of the world that are far, far worse. It is what it is, and you can't demonize a billion plus people, because 10% of them are a little nuts.
  18. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

The point is that if you asked the average American to paint a picture of Iran it would not look anything like the images in the OP, or what everyday life is like for the average Persian.

Nobody is saying that Iran is a perfect country or that their government is credible. The point is that they are more like us than different from us, despite the propaganda. Imagine if the 2000 US election went down in the same way it did here in somewhere like Iran how it would be spun, which is pretty much what happened recently. This country is simply not the threat it is made out to be by the corporate media. All the hyperbole and hysteria is only going to slow down reformists by giving leverage to the conservative religious nuts in charge that talk about outside agitators and the U.S. agenda.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

People get confused with the backasswards tribal world of Afghanistan, and the dustbowl of Iraq.. Iran is a beautiful country, and in many ways looks more western than mideastern. When it becomes personalized, it becomes more real...
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

What makes Muslim COUNTRIES (not their people) so eff'd up is that their crazy religious laws are also the laws of their land (Sharia law). I'll also say that I fault the people for following them.

This is the 21st century no matter what country you're from.