PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm watching for Kraft's reaction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot_in_NY

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I'm not sold on any of today's event's something SMELLS funny.

On one hand, it appears as if Goodell is on a deliberate crusade to singlehandedly DESTROY what was 1 week ago a premier NFL product owned by Robert Kraft. If successful, he could cost Kraft MILLIONS of dollars. What should be a internal league matter that should be adjudicated and handled in a professional manner is being handled so poorly. He's doing everything in public, leaking sensitive information and confidential evidence being used. He's demanding information he's not entitled to.

Kraft has to be very concerned about what is going on....... and we all know that he is a very shrewd businessmen. Whatever is going on internally between him and BB, he has to be furious that this crusade could DESTROY his product, reputation and name. He will come out swinging I would think.

-----------------

Then again, what did we see. A very innocuous video of three guys giving signals and a scoreboard. It was released to FOX, and they actually spent MOST of the time with the staff very much downplaying EVERYTHING about the situation. Including a coach that is likely to be inducted into the HOF himself and also coached a dynasty.

Jimmy Johnson even admitted to doing the EXACT SAME THING (He said only a few times, cuz he found it unhelpful). Also when Bradshaw asked both him and Switzer both admitted they had "cheated" similarly in the past.

Matter of fact, I was actually disappointed when I saw the tape, I kinda yawned and said "that's the smoking gun? WTF". It almost felt like damage control to me (but I'm a homer too, so I'm not sure).

I'm watching Kraft........... If this does not generate a reaction from him; I'll be convinced that the released was an orchestrated attempt to slow this train down. A deliberate league orchestrated move with Kraft's blessing. I can not believe Goodell would be dumb enough to be that careless with that tape.

Until then...... I think I will withhold judgement.

Last edited:
Re: I'm watching for Kraft's reaction..........

I'd agree that it is probably orchestrated just like how the punishment was leaked hours before the official statement.

I'm not sold on any of today's event's something SMELLS funny.

On one hand, it appears as if Goodell is on a deliberate crusade to singlehandedly DESTROY what was 1 week ago a premier NFL product owned by Robert Kraft. If successful, he could cost Kraft MILLIONS of dollars. What should be a internal league matter that should be adjudicated and handled in a professional manner is being handled so poorly. He's doing everything in public, leaking sensitive information and confidential evidence being used. He's demanding information he's not entitled to.

Kraft has to be very concerned about what is going on....... and we all know that he is a very shrewd businessmen. Whatever is going on internally between him and BB, he has to be furious that this crusade could DESTROY his product, reputation and name. He will come out swinging I would think.

-----------------

Then again, what did we see. A very innocuous video of three guys giving signals and a scoreboard. It was released to FOX, and they actually spent MOST of the time with the staff very much downplaying EVERYTHING about the situation. Including a coach that is likely to be inducted into the HOF himself and also coached a dynasty.

Jimmy Johnson even admitted to doing the EXACT SAME THING (He said only a few times, cuz he found it unhelpful). Also when Bradshaw asked both him and Switzer both admitted they had "cheated" similarly in the past.

Matter of fact, I was actually disappointed when I saw the tape, I kinda yawned and said "that's the smoking gun? WTF". It almost felt like damage control to me (but I'm a homer too, so I'm not sure).

I'm watching Kraft........... If this does not generate a reaction from him; I'll be convinced that the released was an orchestrated attempt to slow this train down. A deliberate league orchestrated move with Kraft's blessing. I can not believe Goodell would be dumb enough to be that careless with that tape.

Until then...... I think I will withhold judgement.

Someone needs to get this Fox segment up on Youtube. A transcript would be nice as well.

is a Fox broadcast copyrighted by the NFL? or only games?

is a Fox broadcast copyrighted by the NFL? or only games?

What difference does itmake, it's Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back