PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm tired of this Colts are loaded with talent myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm except by "If a player is good they're good no matter what team" was meant more like....I'm a Pats fan but if a Colts player is good im not going to instantly think he isn't good out of hate...smartazz

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

images

Edgerrins James got more touches...its that simple look at his YPC...heck his CAREER YPC was 4.0....ELITE player averaging 4.0 ypc. On any other team I think we both agree he would've had a much better YPC statistic.

First, the reason why James has a career average of 4.0 YPC is because he played four years after he left the Colts and his YPC average dropped dramatically. Other than one year with the Colts where he had 3.6 YPC, James never rushed for less than 4.1 YPC in a season with the Colts. After James left the Colts, his best season YPC average was 3.9 YPC.

Second, James' sharp drop in YPC after he left the Colts blows away your theory that James would have had a far better YPC average somewhere other than the Colts. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Edgerrin James, RB at NFL.com

Why would they draft another RB in the 1st round? because its the Colts...you have Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and an old Marvin Harrison. You also have Peyton Manning is a 1st round wr necessary? No but they took Anthony Gonzalez. You have Mathis and Freeney do you need a 1st round DE? okay yes give him time to learn under them but is 1st round necessary? NO BUT ITS THS COLTS. Brown avg'd 3.6 yards his rookie year? OMG BUST...no. next year 3.9...omg bust....no. How many times did ELITE EDGE average under 4 ypc on the SAME OFFENSE? BJGE never comes close to touching 4 ypc on the colts cuz he can't make his own holes, he needs one made for him. Every RB on the pats gets worse if they played for the colts and every RB on the colts gets better if they played on the Pats. Addai is a probowler on the patriots....OH WAIT ADDAI WAS EVEN A PROBOWLER ON THE COLTS!!!! He has a better YPC the ELITE EDGE...playing on the same cant run horrible run blocking not built to run the ball offense.

First, you are now just suggesting Polian is an idiot for drafting a RB in the first round when he had a stud in Addai, have other bigger needs, and they were never going to use Brown except in garbage time.

Second, Addai's YPC average with the Colts is not as good as Edge's YPC with the Colts. Addai has 4.1 YPC and Edge had 4.2 YPC with the Colts. The big difference is team gameplanned for Edge. They don't for Addai.

Third comparing Brown and Edge is laughable. To answer your question, Edge had one year in seven where his YPC average was under 4.0. Brown has two in 2 3/4 years. You are confusing the fact that Edge's career YPC was 4.0, but not his career with the Colts.

Brown is avg 4.7 YPC behind a horrible run blocking o-line and with a offense with NO QB threat....that is impressive if you ask me especially for a "bust".

He's getting it in garbage time in blow outs. Big friggin deal.

Don't forget Addai is one of the best pass blocking RB's in the league. I agreed he'd be better suited as a 3rd down back that will bring out his best skills but as a #1 back he is still a good bit above average better then anyone the Pats have. Also Don't forget these guys DO NOT fumble combined they have 7 career fumbles.

First, I said Addai could be a 3rd down back here, but not a lead back.

Second, BJGE has never fumbled in his career unless you count preseason games. That just an argument that BJGE is better than them..

You said Im just using stats.....uhhhhh because I can't say I pay more attention to the Colts then you because my bestfriend is a die-hard Colts fan and all we do is talk football and compare teams. What do you want me to say I am smarter then you and watch the games so I am right? Would that be an answer you'd accept? No so you have to use stats and LOGICAL thinking. If anything I am saying stats are misleading because of the style the Colt's play...Yet there stats STILL aren't bad. ALso saying the Colt's run blocking hasn't been that bad for 4 years may be the idiotic thing ive heard in a long time...Their run blocking is 2nd to none when it comes to being the worst.

You have shown indisputable evidence you either do not watch Colts games or do not understand football. Your analysis about Donald Brown. When Brown gets 5.2 yards per carry in garbage time against the Saints who are protecting a 55 point lead, that doesn't mean Brown is good. It mens that the Saints have taken their foot off the throat.

I am just as much of a Colt hater as everyone here...trust me. But I can give credit were credit is due. If a player is good they're good no matter what team.

And you give credit when credit isn't due. Addai is just like Edge just with less carries. Funniest thing I read all week. If Addai was half as good as Edge was in Indy, the Colts would be competitive this year. Not good, but competitive enough that they wouldn't have tanked the season (and contrary to poipular belief, the idea to "Suck for Luck" was not the strategy going into the season even if it turned into that as the season went along). A stud RB like Edge could have overcome a lot of the loss of Manning and having Curtis Painter at QB.

addai was never overrated, what he did with such a small oline in a heavily qb-lead offense is pretty much the same as what rivers did in a rb lead tomlinson offense, he put up good numbers but not great numbers until the rb was on his downslope (addai's put up good numbers before)

if you would have made addai a featured back on a beefier oline, he would have been thought of as much better than he's thought of now (not getting injured as much , would help too)

addai was buried in indy in the prime of his career, that was peyton's team

And you give credit when credit isn't due. Addai is just like Edge just with less carries. Funniest thing I read all week. If Addai was half as good as Edge was in Indy, the Colts would be competitive this year. Not good, but competitive enough that they wouldn't have tanked the season (and contrary to poipular belief, the idea to "Suck for Luck" was not the strategy going into the season even if it turned into that as the season went along). A stud RB like Edge could have overcome a lot of the loss of Manning and having Curtis Painter at QB.

I am not claiming Addai is as good as edge as i have said ELITE EDGE and Addai is top 20. But he has put up similiar #'s just less touches.

First, the reason why James has a career average of 4.0 YPC is because he played four years after he left the Colts and his YPC average dropped dramatically. Other than one year with the Colts where he had 3.6 YPC, James never rushed for less than 4.1 YPC in a season with the Colts. After James left the Colts, his best season YPC average was 3.9 YPC.

Second, James' sharp drop in YPC after he left the Colts blows away your theory that James would have had a far better YPC average somewhere other than the Colts. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Edgerrin James, RB at NFL.com

First, you are now just suggesting Polian is an idiot for drafting a RB in the first round when he had a stud in Addai, have other bigger needs, and they were never going to use Brown except in garbage time.

Second, Addai's YPC average with the Colts is not as good as Edge's YPC with the Colts. Addai has 4.1 YPC and Edge had 4.2 YPC with the Colts. The big difference is team gameplanned for Edge. They don't for Addai.

Third comparing Brown and Edge is laughable. To answer your question, Edge had one year in seven where his YPC average was under 4.0. Brown has two in 2 3/4 years. You are confusing the fact that Edge's career YPC was 4.0, but not his career with the Colts.

He's getting it in garbage time in blow outs. Big friggin deal.

First, I said Addai could be a 3rd down back here, but not a lead back.

Second, BJGE has never fumbled in his career unless you count preseason games. That just an argument that BJGE is better than them..

You have shown indisputable evidence you either do not watch Colts games or do not understand football. Your analysis about Donald Brown. When Brown gets 5.2 yards per carry in garbage time against the Saints who are protecting a 55 point lead, that doesn't mean Brown is good. It mens that the Saints have taken their foot off the throat.

Edge left later in his career and his stats dropped...just like every runningback does..AGE

Teams gameplan for every single player...Addai made the probowl he may not have got as much focus but that arguement is DEAD.... So edge had .1 ypc more ADDAI MUST BE HORRIBLE.

As for Brown and Edge don't remember comparing them but if I did im pretty sure i never said they were on the same level or even close to it...Haven't said Addai is EDGHE either...said Addai is top 20 in the league and i've said many times ELITE EDGE.

The fumble thing as you can see I didn't say they fumble less then BJGE just thats another great part to there game.

All I can say is in time I will be proven right because its so early in their career that I cant throw stats to backup Brown instead im basing it on what i've SEEN him do. You're saying Brown is not good because he averaged 5.2 yards against the Saints up by 55... thats you're arguement he ISN'T good because hes putting up good stats when his team is losing alot... or he doesn't get the ball much so he isn't good. Shane Vereen your avg'n under 4 ypc in limited touches your rookie year YOU SUCK... Kevin Faulk you avg'd under 3.5 ypc your first 2 years with limited touches YOU SUCK.

As for Addai/BJGE comparision please tell me what BJGE does better then Addai. BJGE runs harder and fumbles less(though 4.1 ypc). Addai... fast, quick, MUCH MUCH better blocker, WAYYYYY better hands not even close. BJGE takes what is given nothing more nothing less, Addai most the time is given NOTHING and turns it into something. BJGE runs behind at the minimum 6 olineman(GRONK) sometimes 7. Addai runs behind year in and year out arguably the worst run blocking line in the league. The fact there's even an arguement between who's better Addai or BJGE is nuts absolutely nuts. Now that there's tape on BJGE this year he is horrible!!! and look what he gets to work with...can't ask for a more perfect scenario for a RB and he can't even get 4 YPC. You can't have much worse of a situation for a RB then what the colts have.

Time will tell and we will come back to this discussion.

The Colts are a system team, whom is able to play with some interchangable parts. Every year they suffer tons of injuries and do a pretty good job of plugging in guys. However, there is one guy they can't replace. The odd thing about the Colts is their future looks less than bright. The stalwart coaches of the franchise have jumped ship like rats on the titanic. Mudd, Moore and Dungy are all gone now, they saw the writing on the wall. THe only thing that could make their demise any sweeter would be trading Manning to the Jets for a couple first round picks. Kill two birds with one stone.

Donald Brown HUGE game 16 carries for 160 and put the game away with an extremely impressive 80 yard TD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back