Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm tellin' y'all

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'll bet she doesn't tell them she's a damned Yankees fan.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D

Lol

She's a fan of whatever place she happens to be at the moment.

;)

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Sounds like the new right wing darling, Mitt Romney.. first for gun control, now claims to be a life long "varmint hunter" on and on.. wake me in January '09.
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So you agree then that Hillary is being just as phoney. Good we're making progress.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Never have nor will I ever defend Hillary.. most of the pols running are just a bunch of millionaires making promises they cannot and will not keep.. in reality there is one party, no difference.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, if you look carefully, there IS a difference.

//
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

There is a difference in name, however as time passes and they spend more time together they all look the same.. philosophically they should be different, but in reality they are money grabbing whores who only serve their own interest.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's accurate to make a blanket statement about all politicians. There are all kinds of gradations, from better to worse. No one is ideal yet, but that can happen. Everybody is a work in progress. What does TB say all the time: "We're working to get better." That applies off the field, too.

//
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Does this blanket statement also apply to anything on the left, or do you differentiate there as you have not in the past?? Easy to speak in generalities here, but you tend to get on the negative side for all things considered liberal.
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've lived in Boston for most all of my life except for 5 years in Daytona Beach, FL. Daytona's barely in the south, you really have to get a few miles from the coast before you begin to notice that you're below the Mason-Dixon line. The term y'all still slipped into my vocabulary and has steadfastly refused to budge these past ten years. I did prevent the plural from taking root, which as all of you know is 'all y'all.'

Y'all is just something insidious, like paak. I don't care if I move to England and live to be a million. The Sox will always play at Fenway Paak, and paaking a car in the city of Boston will always be a challenge.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, if you read my posts carefully you will see that there are some aspects of liberal thinking that I believe are good: equal opportunity among races, loving people of all races, fair trade, support for those in need through no fault of their own, issues like that. What I do not support is the notion that government coercion is the way to solve problems.

I am for limited, purposeful government, while maintaining support for individual initiative. Today's liberalism has been hijacked by some very strange concepts: it comes very close to being hostile to all spiritual values, for example.

//
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

So if you take your logic to the next step conservatism is friendly to all spiritual values, find that hard to believe. Your view tends to be narrow, how do you account for the three Republicans who have topped several national, independent polls for the GOP's favorite 2008 nominee: Sen. John McCain (affair, divorce), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (affair, divorce, affair, divorce), and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (divorce, affair, nasty divorce). Newt is famous for BJ's from interns in the back seat of his car, yet he speaks out about just about everything now. Bottom line is no one is friendly to spiritual values, they are only friendly to the bottom line.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

There is no such implication on my part. I'm stating that liberalism is more antagonistic toward religious and spiritual values than is conservatism, not that conservatism is perfect or doesn't have flawed practitioners. I know many a warped conservative, but, in the main, most at least believe in a higher power than man, whereas many liberals have adopted a humanism that is particularly dismissive of spiritual values; it is this wing of liberalism that has caused the most damage over the past fifty years. From Madelyn Murray O'Hare to Larry Flynt, America has allowed too much corruption of our moral and ethical foundation, which is based upon spiritual values.

Also, I never said I endorsed either McCain, Newt, or Giuliani. What I say is that until now no one is truly worthy of respect as the president of the nation. That does not mean no one will ever attain that status, or that even many or all people won't attain that status some day. It is both possible and even a mandate that we attain such a status. For example, Jesus said, "You, therefore, must be perfect as your Father (God) is perfect" (Mt 5:20).

//
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

I take issue with the interjection of biblical passages to justify your arguments on whether or not liberalism is antagonistic to american values.. you can take many biblical passages and just apply them to specific arguments and bastardize their intent. Conservatism is not perfect, nor is liberalism to put one on a plateau and then hide behind pious platitudes is wrong pure and simple.

Whether or not humanism is the main intent of liberalism is highly debatable and once again you paint issues with a broad religious brush.. there is room for religion in our lives, but it needs to be put into perspective and cannot force your opinion or belief on any group of people. That is what distinguishes a free country. I think your views on these subjects are skewed and biased as well as defy any logical argument.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You can take issue all you want, but the point was that when God, prayer, and the Bible were progressively removed from the public school system, these horrendous crimes started to occur. it is a viewpoint on cause and effect. If it hurts your eyes, don't look. But for others, they may see the light and realize there may validity to the model. Besides, if it was good enough for Sam Ervin to flog the Bible in his case against Richard Nixon, I'm certainly entitled to use scripture to illustrate my point.

Don't tell me to shut up.

//
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

Never said shut up, but on the other hand not a bad idea.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:singing: ........ :singing:.........:singing:

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hillary won't let it go. She has to defend herself for using a southern accent in front of black audiences. "You go, girl!" is her new battle cry. (As Bill just cries, "Damn right wingers. Won't leave her alone. Don't they want me to become ambassador to the world?!! I mean, I'm all done having sex with 'that woman' (Monica). Why can't they just let us be?!!", said Bill, as he downed his third Makers Mark, straight up, no chaser.

Clinton Says Her Southern Twang a Virtue
    Apr 27 02:13 PM US/Eastern

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she sees her sometimes Southern accent as a virtue.

"I think America is ready for a multilingual president," Clinton said during a campaign stop at a charter school in Greenville, S.C.

The New York senator—who said she's been thinking about critics who've suggested that she tried to put on a fake Southern accent in Selma, Ala.—noted that she's split her life between Arkansas, Illinois and the East Coast.

Clinton added a Southern lilt to her voice last week when addressing a civil rights group in New York City headed by the Rev. Al Sharpton. On Monday, dealing with a microphone glitch at a fundraiser for young donors, she quoted former slave and underground railroad leader Harriet Tubman.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OP3RA80&show_article=1

-------------------------------------
    "Multi-lingual"???? Always thought that meant speaking more than one language. Oh, now I get it.

:singing:

//
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

I'm not sure what you're objecting to, Fog. What's the problem again?

Just don't get it.

PFnV