Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm still happy

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by spacecrime, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's been a day now, and I'm still happy about the changes JM made to the offense. The two things I complained about: not going deep and not using our power back, were corrected.

I know you guys disagreed strongly with my I'M STILL MAD thread, and the game plan this week probably really upset you, but I'm happy as a lark.

Going deep early changes the entire complexion of the game. It makes the defense defend the entire field, not a mere 30% of it.

Running the power back pays dividends in play action. Inside handoffs and draws do nothing for future play action bombs.

The Colts were much more vulnerable to the deep ball and power back, and we would have killed them if JM called plays a week ago like he did yesterday, but learning from your mistakes is good.

Maybe BB will keep him after all.

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Remember, every week we have a perfect offensive game plan, and if we lost it was ONLY because we didn't execute 100% perfectly. <rolls eyes>

I agree about opening up the field, at least maintaining the THREAT of it so the defense has to defend a greater area of space, as well as keeping the threat of play action on the table. I hate formations where we constantly telegraph the play as obviously run or pass before the ball is snapped.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

As Bill has tried to point out on several occasions we change the offense and game plan for each opponent every week based on a professional assessment of our strengths and weaknesses as well as theirs. If you simply watched the Colts Steelers game last night, as opposed to the reems of tape this staff watches weekly, seems the Colts no name secondary had a field day against the 6-2 Steelers and their 5th year Superbowl veteran Pro Bowl QB who got greedy rather than being content to conservatively manage a lead and move the chains to keep Manning and his offense off the field. And it snowballed downhill in a panic for the first place AFCC Steelers from there, and they now have the same record we do...

But hey, if it makes you feel better to think that Josh corrected perceived strategic mistakes to please the armchair geniuses on this message board, knock yourself out!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.