PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm sorry, but you HAVE to read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made 8 posts over at PP. In 8 posts, he started his posting career with the sequel to War and Peace, predicted a Jets win against the Falcons and a Patriots loss to the Bills, and delved into spygate/Belichick the cheater.

Enjoy:

Jets fan here: - Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

He makes the same arguments over and over on the Jets Insider boards. He is like certain guys who were banned over here for just reposting the same crap over and over and over and over again about McDaniels with never bringing anything new to the table. The only difference is that he takes a pro team stance rather than trashing one of their own.

He does confuse "freak of nature" with "underachiever" a bit. Calvin Pace is decent, but the guy had 8 sacks this year. Yes, he only played 12 games, but he had three of his sacks in the Oakland game where they had to pull Jamarcus Russell because he sucked so bad and five sacks the other 11 weeks.

And I do love how he thinks Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery are one of the best 1-2 WR combos around. When I think of the best duos, I put them above Moss/Welker, Fitzgerald/Boldin, and Holmes/Ward. Cotchery has 821 yards and 3 TDs and Edwards has 680 yards and 4 TDs.

Last edited:
Well, I for one thank you for bringing this to my attention as it's hilarious! :D

Their starting lineup is chock full of 1st rounder picks and pro-bowlers. Problem is they don't have any depth. If your team can stop the run you can make the Jets look like the Raiders. The Jets scored more points then they had yards thrown last game. That has to be some sort of record. Beating them is pretty simple.

Jets fans really are the gift that keeps on giving, aren't they? Their crappy, sub-500 team beats two opponents' backups and suddenly they think they can take on the world...

I especially like where he calls Braylon and Cotchery the best WR 1-2 punch around. They're maybe the third best WR 1-2 punch in the AFC East. Even without Welker, I'd take Moss and Edelman over them.

I'd take Moss over either Edwards or Cotchery, but right now at this point, I'd take Edwards and Cotchery over Edelman. He's not in their league yet.

As far as the playoffs, they can be a very dangerous team, they have an excellent defense, they are very healthy. They are basically the 2008 Ravens, who happened to make it to the AFCCG. Not saying they are the 2008 Ravens, but very similar, a rookie QB, great running game, and an excellent defense. The last two things win playoff games. I think they beat Cincy, even our old friend Rodney Harrison called the Bengals a fraud. The Bengals are also beat up big time, and Palmer always chokes against good defenses.

That being said, I don't think they go further than the first playoff win. As far as elite talent, they do have some. They have an excellent offensive line (Faneca & the center whose name escapes me), a great running game (second best all time I believe to the 78 Pats), and a dangerous defense with elite players Bart Scott, Darrelle Revis & David Harris. I would not mock this team, yeah they snuck in and were lucky, but you beat who they put in front of you, and that's what they did. As a Pat's fan, I was wishing we drafted David Harris, he's a beast, a tackling machine (also had 5.5 sacks and 4 picks), and may be the second best ILB in the league behind Peter Willis of San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back