PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm sorry, but I think Harrison has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the heck are Pierre Woods, LeKevin Smith, and others playing in the SB, yet nowhere to be seen in 56-10, 52-7 blow outs over Bills and Redskins

When is this going to get more traction.?? I saw these guys out there (I believe one of them fell on that fumbled handoff and someone lost it in the scrum - unbelievable) and kept on thinking Joe Buck was going to announce an injury to Green or Wilfork.

I really disagree with has to go Rodney has more heart in his pinky then most men have in their whole body.
He has the will to play thru injuries he's firey competitive, a great motivator and one hell of a team mate for shame to the people throwing Rodney under the bus.
Some of you guys disgust me.
Rodney would play for this team for the league minimum has ran thru brick walls for this organization and because of a horrible let down which he is feeling 100 times more than any of us posters.
He's a bum he's slow he's done.
i would take Rodney Harrison over 85 percent of the safeties in this league anyday and 9 times out of 10 I would win.
This was 1 out of those 10 times.
When Rodney hangs them up I would love to see him mature into a coaching role I think he would be excellent.

Agree with OP. The guy lost his cool too many times this season.

I had my doubts about him. But during the season I gave him a pass because he remained an effective blitzer. But last night he just looked slow, old and, dare I say, not too strong.

Consider he was on the wrong side of Giants 3 most important offensive plays:

- 45 yard toss to Boss. Harrison was slower than this 260 lb TE;
- "the catch" where even though he got a direct hit on the ball he couldn't dislodge it from between the receivers hand and helmet;
- the all out blitz on the TD to Plax, Harrison was stopped at the line by a Giants RB.

Rubbing guys into the ground after the play is over just looks stupid now. He reminds me of a Raider. In fact maybe we can work out a trade with them.

What do you think?

If we managed to come up with a guy who can contribute more in the pass defense and we sacrifice a little bit of the up at the line stuff I wouldn't mind it. He has become more of a deep linebacker than anything. At the same time, it's a well known fact that our D is a different animal with Rodney out there.

ah, come on.....all he needs is a shot to get him be back in form.

ah, come on.....all he needs is a shot to get him be back in form.

Of HGH? Do you know how that stuff works? Nothing like the steroids of which you're implying, just ask Andy Pettite how well HGH worked versus how well the steroids worked for Clemens. The stats don't lie.

Honestly, from what Rodney has shown this year, I think your complaints are completely unwarranted. The Tyree catch was completely a fluke (not to take away from his catch), and, had that catch not happened, i think this thread would not have existed.

He had a great great year. Perhaps next year his role should be slightly reduced, or, preferably, relegated to a more linebacker position (which he played best this year). But to say he should go is ridiculous, IMO

He provides excellent leadership on this team and could help the youngsters out a crapload.

Rodney should stay.

I think analysis is pretty bad. we had 2 strong safeties playing .We desperately need a free safety [smaller but faster] in the back field.

i think sanders/harrioson -heavier run stopping TE covering type and merriweather/wille andrews -fast fs types.

i need a few more days before i'm ready to deal with issues like this. for now, to me, Rodney is part of why the pats are a championship and elite team.

watching the replay of "the catch" harrison unknowingly helped that play happen. The ball wouldve hit the ground had Harrison's knees not been underneath Tyrees back. Tyree ended up bending instead of hitting the turf which wouldve made the ball hit the ground. not blaming harrison as he was trying to make a play, but just a bad break.

That is what is crazy about insant replay. If Rodney was moving his hand in the other direction he would have knocked the ball out of his hand instead of trying to move his hand off the ball. But there is no way for him to know that when that slice of time was .0001 seconds.

Harrison is one of those guys that has to be carefully looked at. I don't think he will be easy to replace. He had some great games this year. Don't worry about BB keeping him around for sentimental reasons. When it is time, BB will be the first to know.

Count me among those who think Rodney still has a lot to offer. Maybe not as an every down player as some have suggested, but there is a reason we're 4 deep in safeties (Rodney, Merriweather, Sanders, Wilson) and I expect that to continue going forward. Brandon will get a lot more PT in his 2nd year, as most Pats sophomores do, but Rodney still has a valuable role to fill in the transition.

Besides, other than in the SB the guy is like the Human Late-Postseason Game Interception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes