PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im ready for history to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a horrible thought. Are we going to be the "Sixburgh" fans one day, insisting our 2025 Super Bowl is part of the same Brady/Belichick "dynasty"? (I mean after the next three we win this coming three years of course.)
I don't think the 49er dynasty ended when Joe got traded or when Walsh retired. I don't think the Cowboys dynasty ended after their third win. It ends when the team begins to suck. That breaks the energetic thread.

There is no real Sixburgh run unless the team didn't have that imaginary drop off after the Bradshaw/Noll run.

I think the NE dynasty (which is defined by overall record from the beginning of the Brady Belichick era, not just SB record) will go past Brady retiring as long as the team stays relevant. If it drops off, then end of era.

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. I think you may be selling your team a bit short on your expected win total for the season, just on talent alone. With Brees and company, 11-5 or maybe 12-4 is certainly well within range, and I think many/most expect them to compete in the playoffs. If you get HFA, it's a whole new ballgame with the SB being held in N.Orleans this year.

I'm sure it'll be a bit different with Payton (season) and Vitt (6 games) not there at first, but Drew Brees himself could probably coach the team and they'd be just fine. He's basically the offensive coach anyway, when it comes down to it. I'm not selling Payton short, but Brees is quite the field general.

I hear what you're saying about the "new" WR's in N.England, but I still feel as though Gaffney (for whatever it's worth he has been the best WR out of all of them in mini-camp and the first couple days of TC according to reports) and his knowledge and chemistry with TFB will be what we've needed for the past few seasons since his departure in '07. DEN offering him more money than he was offered here was a poor move in my opinion, but the team has their protocol for those situations and they stick to it. His knowledge of the system already in place should allow him to do well again, and Brady himself made comments about how he missed him a couple of times, most recently last year before the WSH game.

Llyod has already produced lights out in this system under McDaniels, so I think those 2 should be just fine.

That gives us 5 very talented targets in Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Llyod, and Gaffney...with many other talented 'role' players who should be capable of filling in if/when needed.

The defense is still somewhat of a question, sure, but there also isn't much doubt that they will certainly have improved upon last year; not to mention the fact that the last 5-6 games they really had it together for the most part.

We'll have to see, but it's good to have football back, I know that!

Its well deserved supafly. Brees has an almost impossible task. He is intelligent, can call the fanatic in players, studies the offense with the same effect of most elite QB's, but when you look at TB being in the same situation without BB it becomes hopeless at a certain point. No QB has ever been asked to lead a team without a HC.
Its daunting, and near impossible. BB has experience TB dosnt have, and SP has things Brees doesn't know. Every game will be a fight for Brees to understand and find a way to win. His inexperience will make defenses salivate and feed on bad calls, and games will spiral down as his emotion takes hold. Brees is a good field general but he is no BB or SP, and he will struggle badly.

Im not underestimating us, or the team. Im just believing that this has never been ask of a QB ever in the NFL, and though I believe in him, this is a lot to ask. Its never been done.

I really do share your feelings on Llyod and Gaffney. I have seen their reports and everything looks perfect. I do expect that to play perfectly on the field vs real opponents, and not hype.
But we all know how that usually turns out. But i do believe in these guys.

Like our defense your defense sucks, sorry, it can only get better. Hope is never the answer.
"Just do your Job" is The theme we copied from the patriots and all we have to hold on today.
NFL Videos: Saints wearing 'Do Your Job' shirts at camp

Were a 10-6 team if lucky, or Brees is greater than we all thought. Patriots are a playoff team, and if the 2 WR work, in game, we have no chance of beating that without our coaches.
We hope the patriots get a 19-0 season, and understand BB has worked so hard. I only hope TB gets his 4th SB and gets what he deserves.
TB was balls out in the SB vs the Giants and the drops where very disappointing to us. Im sure Llyod and Gaffney can only help, but please catch the dang ball. That does not include Welker, even Moore would have had a hard time making that catch, he wasnt the problem. Its how we see it.
Your set to own the division.
What is ask of Brees is close to impossible , no QB has ever lead there team to a SB alone , and with no HC. I don't think its possible. That falls in to faith and belief, not reality. Every thing is against him.
I wonder if TB could pull of a season alone without BB, and know Brees is not as good, and hope kind of fades because of that.

Last edited:
Its well deserved supafly. Brees has an almost impossible task. He is intelligent, can call the fanatic in players, studies the offense with the same effect of most elite QB's, but when you look at TB being in the same situation without BB it becomes hopeless at a certain point. No QB has ever been asked to lead a team without a HC.
Its daunting, and near impossible. BB has experience TB dosnt have, and SP has things Brees doesn't know. Every game will be a fight for Brees to understand and find a way to win. His inexperience will make defenses salivate and feed on bad calls, and games will spiral down as his emotion takes hold. Brees is a good field general but he is no BB or SP, and he will struggle badly.

Im not underestimating us, or the team. Im just believing that this has never been ask of a QB ever in the NFL, and though I believe in him, this is a lot to ask. Its never been done.

I really do share your feelings on Llyod and Gaffney. I have seen their reports and everything looks perfect. I do expect that to play perfectly on the field vs real opponents, and not hype.
But we all know how that usually turns out. But i do believe in these guys.

Like our defense your defense sucks, sorry, it can only get better. Hope is never the answer.
"Just do your Job" is The theme we copied from the patriots and all we have to hold on today.
NFL Videos: Saints wearing 'Do Your Job' shirts at camp

Were a 10-6 team if lucky, or Brees is greater than we all thought. Patriots are a playoff team, and if the 2 WR work, in game, we have no chance of beating that without our coaches.
We hope the patriots get a 19-0 season, and understand BB has worked so hard. I only hope TB gets his 4th SB and gets what he deserves.
TB was balls out in the SB vs the Giants and the drops where very disappointing to us. Im sure Llyod and Gaffney can only help, but please catch the dang ball. That does not include Welker, even Moore would have had a hard time making that catch, he wasnt the problem. Its how we see it.
Your set to own the division.
What is ask of Brees is close to impossible , no QB has ever lead there team to a SB alone , and with no HC. I don't think its possible. That falls in to faith and belief, not reality. Every thing is against him.
I wonder if TB could pull of a season alone without BB, and know Brees is not as good, and hope kind of fades because of that.

Brees has almost fifty million reasons to go out and prove you wrong. Hell, I bet your front office figured a couple mil of that as defacto oc pay...

If I could pick one qb in the nfl to take charge of the saints and expect him to do what the saints are adding of drew, he would be one of two, maybe three qbs in discussion (no Peyton, neck injury and all...). Tf'nB is certainly there, Brees, and maybe Rodgers. Is there anyone you would rather have in your situation? Granted, it is not a pretty one (don't expect ANY calls your way this year, with many bogus calls against you), and certainly not an easy one to deal with. However, sometimes coming out the gate with your back against the wall brings out the absolute best within an individual (or team of them). Two or three of the qbs mentioned could tell you all about that...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey