PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm proud of this Patriots team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubedoggy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Considering the two short off-seasons the last two Championships gave them, the loss of Romeo, the loss of Charlie, TJ's retirement, the schedule, all the injuries, and the personal issues BB has had to deal with (and the fact that the Jests have been pestering him to talk to Mangini in the midst of preparing for a playoff game), though the 2005 Patriots' season is over, in some ways this was a more remarkable effort than the Championship seasons.

I believe this team will be back w/ a vengeance next year.

Whether you agree or not, I think this deserves to be above all the non-Pats-related and troll-soiled posts above it.

bump

If we were a typical team, this would be a season to be proud of.

We are however the team that won SBs 3 of the last 4 years.
Its hard to measure success in anything other than rings.

Quite honestly, we didnt lose because of ANY of the issues that led to 4-4. They all got fixed. I think however, such a grinding, challenging season usually ends up short, and other problems crop up.

Most teams that started slow, got things fixed, and have records like 10-6, either get exposed again by the problems they tohught were fixed, or just have something else fail on them. Cant describe it, but we saw the fate of many teams that have had the kind of season we did.

So be it. We are many years away from anything being considered an overall idsappointment.

I agree... and the ironic/painful thing is that, minus the turnovers (I know, I know, it's like saying 'other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play'), the Patriots outplayed the Broncos on both sides of the ball (not special teams, tho, obviously).

I would feel very confident, had we won, that we'd be looking at another Lombardi trophy soon. But I'd said before that I'd be happy this year with one playoff win, and that's what we got. Just hurts more to lose when you give the game away.

SIGN RICHARD SEYMOUR!!!

cubedoggy said:
Considering the two short off-seasons the last two Championships gave them, the loss of Romeo, the loss of Charlie, TJ's retirement, the schedule, all the injuries, and the personal issues BB has had to deal with (and the fact that the Jests have been pestering him to talk to Mangini in the midst of preparing for a playoff game), though the 2005 Patriots' season is over, in some ways this was a more remarkable effort than the Championship seasons.

I believe this team will be back w/ a vengeance next year.
That's a bump AND a "Bingo"! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back