PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Over The Loss, Never Thought I'd Say This

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for you guys, really. But I'm not remotely there, and don't really see how you can be. Honestly--this team fell 35 seconds short of the best season of all time, and arguably came TWO YEARS IN A ROW within one play of winning the Super Bowl. (I realize last year was the AFC championship game, and this year taught us, again, that anything can happen, but still. Rex Grossman?)

The 1986 Red Sox game 6 loss lingered for me until the Sox won the World Series. This? Another SB will help, but the perfect season is a whole different animal. "Over it" in less than a month? Are you kidding? Look, within the framework of "it's only sports" sure, of course. But inside this universe we're in here--reading and posting on a team's message board, being over that loss boggles my mind.

I don't think I am totally over the loss, but I am definetly excited about FA, the draft, and next year.

It doesn't sting anymore. Maybe I'm in one of the middle denial stages.

I feel happier, I feel excited for next year, free agency, watching the combine was fun, I'm anticipating the draft... Maybe baseball coming up helps too because I'm looking forward to that.

It was a great year, with a disappointing ending. All we can hope for is maybe a few more before Brady retires, and hopefully that is not for another 9 or 10 years...

Wish I had your enthusiasm. As an old man and fan for 30+ years, 18-1 will stick with me until the day I die.

It doesn't sting anymore. Maybe I'm in one of the middle denial stages.

I went out and bought the 16-0 t-shirt....I'm over it.

:rocker:

I'm glad you are. I'm still a little ways away from it myself. Everytime I think I might be starting to get over it, I see something that makes the sting come right back. It doesn't help that a couple friends of mine are devoted Giants and/or Manning family fans--some have been really cool about it and others have been absolutely ridiculous (my roommate, for example).

I still haven't managed to watch a recording of the Super Bowl, a month after the fact. Probably will be able to one day, but not for the foreseeable future. I'm still looking forward to the draft and to seeing what happens with free agency, so that helps some.

I vacationed in VA last week and ran into a number of Giants fans and gave them congratulations. They were all telling be what a great season the Pats had. It was a little odd.

I don't know what I expected them to say but it was nice to hear. It made me think about everthing that happened this season that would make them say that. I feel much better.

I'm over it because the Pats have no one but themselves to blame for that performance. Before it was crappy officiating, injuries or bounces going the other way. NE was simply outplayed and outcoached that day.

I am still trying to get over the loss in the AFC championship game in Indy last year. It will take years for me to get over the SB loss!!!

Last edited:
I am still trying to get over the loss in the AFC championship game in Indy last year. It will take years for me to get over the SB loss!!!

I got over that thanks to the SB loss. Actually those losses are symbiotic. I would have felt much worse losing a shot at a perfect season if we had beaten Indy and won the SB in 2006. Then again, I wouldn't have cared so much about that game if we had won the SB this year :(

I'm happy for you guys, really. But I'm not remotely there, and don't really see how you can be. Honestly--this team fell 35 seconds short of the best season of all time, and arguably came TWO YEARS IN A ROW within one play of winning the Super Bowl. (I realize last year was the AFC championship game, and this year taught us, again, that anything can happen, but still. Rex Grossman?)

The 1986 Red Sox game 6 loss lingered for me until the Sox won the World Series. This? Another SB will help, but the perfect season is a whole different animal. "Over it" in less than a month? Are you kidding? Look, within the framework of "it's only sports" sure, of course. But inside this universe we're in here--reading and posting on a team's message board, being over that loss boggles my mind.

I agree...I will be over it when Senator Arlen Spector determines that the Giants cheated in the SB by video taping us and stripping them of the Lombardi Trophy and giving it to us and changing our record to 19-0.

Every time I'm reminded of the SB, I just keep thinking" d%#*!@t, why couldn't they have won just one more f***in' game????" I still can't even play Madden or listen to Kanye West's "Stronger". It is getting easier though.

If an "elite" corner making $7.79 million can't come down with one uncontested ball then we don't deserve to win.

I just tuned in to NFL Network like 3 days ago .. It really doesn't help that I live in NYC .. :bricks:

The only places in NYC to remind you are 1050AM and Mike and the Mad Dog. Otherwise, NYC is full of non-fans. 65% of the town could care less...and the 35% 'fans' live in NJ and LI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes