PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm not too concerned Goodell will punish the Patriots more - this is why

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely rational. The problem is that jealous millionaires with a track record of getting what they want from a dangling puppet always get what they want from a dangling puppet.
That's true. Because they've won in court and short-circuited a number of issues like domestic violence and CTE (to a point) they may that air of invincibility.

Idiots

That's true. Because they've won in court and short-circuited a number of issues like domestic violence and CTE (to a point) they may that air of invincibility.

Idiots
Yeah, RW I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But, I just believe these bastards are convinced, correctly, that if the Pats continue to succeed they can simply invent some cheating scenario and the entire league and country will just buy it hook, line and sinker. And they will.

Yeah, RW I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But, I just believe these bastards are convinced, correctly, that if the Pats continue to succeed they can simply invent some cheating scenario and the entire league and country will just buy it hook, line and sinker. And they will.
I agree and dislike your post :p

PknfnlE.png

They took a first, a fourth, and Brady for four games for absolute bullsh.t, that's not "messing around."
It was meant as a little tongue in cheek because despite the outrageousness of the league's actions they've failed to actually knock the Patriots down a peg or two. I'm not sure if the league will target the Patriots again, but I think if they do they will definitely make sure it includes BB missing substantial time.

I disagree, Goodell is praying someone accuses the Pats of wrongdoing. And all it takes is one complaint. He spent 10+ million on raping the Pats on probably the most minor complaint, imagine if it's worse than air in a football. Especially if the Pats go on a ridiculous run this year. Unfortunately it's not if it'll happen, it's when. And as we have all seen, there doesn't even need to be proof to be penalized.
It was an illegitimate, unfounded complaint. Goodell is worse than a loose cannon, he is a train wreck. The owners do not care about PR. And the Patriots are officially considered "repeat offenders" even though they never did anything.

GoToHell will not use "Decalgate" as an issue. That doesn't affect the "integrity" of the game:rolleyes:..... But, I do agree that, at this point, most people would finally realize that the Pats have been being framed. That's the beauty of the season, thus far. WE WIN, THEY LOSE!!!!:)..... STILL!!!!:D:pLOL, LOL!!!

It was meant as a little tongue in cheek because despite the outrageousness of the league's actions they've failed to actually knock the Patriots down a peg or two. I'm not sure if the league will target the Patriots again, but I think if they do they will definitely make sure it includes BB missing substantial time.

Suspending BB is the ONLY way the NFL* could stop the Pats.

But if they did, what would the result be?

BB is not a member of the coach's union, so would anything like article 46 even apply? Could BB defend his innocence in a more conventional style, such as in a court of law where Goodell cannot control the proceedings and move the goalposts?

Suspending BB is the ONLY way the NFL* could stop the Pats.

But if they did, what would the result be?

BB is not a member of the coach's union, so would anything like article 46 even apply? Could BB defend his innocence in a more conventional style, such as in a court of law where Goodell cannot control the proceedings and move the goalposts?
He would use the NFL Constitution and bylaws which govern the operation and the Commissioners' powers.. http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - somebody who had a Goodell type in mind

I know we've talked a little bit about this before, but this would be a very easy thing for Goodell to do...

Just "randomly" test the Patriots' footballs in a cold December game, and when they are found to be below 12.5 (which science tells us they will), suspend Brady again. If asked about any testing for other teams, all Goodell needs to say is that he has found no irregularities with other footballs (of course, because he hasn't looked, and doesn't understand science), but that he can't believe the Patriots did this again.

Boom, Brady is suspended the playoffs. Can Brady take it to court? How can he, when the courts have already ruled on this very kind of thing?

There's no way Goodell would NOT get away with this.

I know we've talked a little bit about this before, but this would be a very easy thing for Goodell to do...

Just "randomly" test the Patriots' footballs in a cold December game, and when they are found to be below 12.5 (which science tells us they will), suspend Brady again. If asked about any testing for other teams, all Goodell needs to say is that he has found no irregularities with other footballs (of course, because he hasn't looked, and doesn't understand science), but that he can't believe the Patriots did this again.

Boom, Brady is suspended the playoffs. Can Brady take it to court? How can he, when the courts have already ruled on this very kind of thing?

One difference between this time and last time is that I'm sure there is a "chain of custody" with video evidence from refs to kickoff. i.e. no 90 seconds in the bathroom and I think the media would be more skeptical this time and less willing to accept Baghdad Mort's numbers or some other leaked disinformation... and it would seen as the witchhunt it is....

LOL

wpid-57489436.jpg

I sure hope OP is correct but I honestly don't see it. Here's why:

The Pats are HATED by 31/32 of the country.
Brady is HATED by 31/32 of the country.
Belichick is HATED by 31/32 of the country PLUS the Boston media elite!
"The Lesser 31" are jealous f...ing pricks.
The federal courts have failed us.
The NFLPA is the owners' *****.
The Pats are currently undefeated with a full two game lead in the division in THREE WEEKS without the GOAT
The NFL* doesn't give a sh.t about public opinion and can do anything they want.

Call me jaded. Hope for the best. Expect the worst. I don't believe this is over.

I sure hope OP is correct but I honestly don't see it. Here's why:

The Pats are HATED by 31/32 of the country.
Brady is HATED by 31/32 of the country.
Belichick is HATED by 31/32 of the country PLUS the Boston media elite!
"The Lesser 31" are jealous f...ing pricks.
The federal courts have failed us.
The NFLPA is the owners' *****.
The Pats are currently undefeated with a full two game lead in the division in THREE WEEKS without the GOAT
The NFL* doesn't give a sh.t about public opinion and can do anything they want.

Call me jaded. Hope for the best. Expect the worst. I don't believe this is over.
8 excellent points...

My feeling is that most fans in their heart of hearts would say the NFL unfairly screwed over the Pats. But the problem is that since it's the Pats that they are screwing over, they actually think this is good, because screwing over the Pats is in the best interest of 31 other teams. Basically, no one cares about injustice until it happens to them. When the injustice fits nicely in line with their flimsy but strongly held beliefs of the Pats, so much the better for them. And Goody knows this. Parity makes them money and the Pats are the only team not playing along with the parity game.

Will he concoct another scandal to bang the Pats? Who knows. But I don't feel like we're safe.

IMO, it is not if but when the POS will come after BB who will be considered a repeat offender due to the camera placement fiasco. I wonder what the owner of the Pats will do when he is asked to bend over for the good of the league again. LOL I only hope Bob realizes this time who the schmuck really is.

Last edited:
IMO, it is not if but when the POS will come after BB who will be considered a repeat offender due to the camera placement fiasco. I wonder what the owner of the Pats will do when he is asked to bend over for the good of the league again. LOL
Well, as of this moment, it sure looks as though Kraft is not on the verge of an epiphany, a revelation and that he is therefore not standing up, and declaring to the league - and the world - that We are the New England Patriots, we were here for generations before I bought the team and will be here for generations after; We've had legendary players and personnel in the past, including those in 1976 who were the victims of the most blatant officiating robbery of a game and a championship in athletic history; our fans have always been and always will be legitimate, loyal and passionate and our real logo is returning to our helmets and our real uniforms will be worn from now on and forever; so the rest of this league and the rest of this country can go **** themselves.

..um, yours truly, Robert Kraft

If you go to any football forum, some of the fans swear the NFL is out to get them. With NE (and NO), it is not paranoia because it's documented and history. ;)

Do Goodell and many of the NFL owners want to get the Pats? Yes. Is it all they think about? No. I've read posts that would suggest they are 24/7 scheming to screw the Pats. They are also spending time on CTE, discipline, other teams, making money, making money, making money.

I see this as a game of chicken: NFL front office vs Pats. BB is not going to do something that will get him suspended a season - Goodell knows he has to have a good case if he throws the book at him again. The NFL's PR has suffered from DeflateGate and other Goodell decisions - there is a limit to their autocracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back