Welcome to PatsFans.com

"I'm no fan of George Bush, but... "

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Sep 9, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Look, could the pro-Empire posters of this board please stop embarrassing themselves by starting every rant with this qualifier every single nauseating time? LOL...

"I'm no George Bush supporter, but... "​

We understand he's the most incompetent president of our lifetimes, trust us. We're the ones who gave you the examples you never received on Faux. We're well aware that you, outwardly, need to try and distance yourselves from the Boy King.

But, you're not fooling anyone. Every time you come running to the empire's aid and spinning the war, the surge, the economy, 9/11, Katrina and everything else, the forum is well aware that you DO support the Bush League and neocon agenda. At least be honest about it.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

How about you stop putting words in our mouths ? It's easy to be an anti Bush Republican.

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Some people can't understand that because they are lock step with their party and would NEVER deviate from what they are told to think.

[​IMG]

Funny, when I saw the headline and saw who the op was I was going to post the headline was unnecessary. :D

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

They don't understand that neo-cons are not conservatives. They are new conservatives who used to be liberals ... such a lack of understanding.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What party would i be "lock step with?"... They are two factions of the same war-mongering, corporate entity.

Yes, we've seen you, first and foremost, try and distance yourself from Boy King on the surface, time and time again, yet run to his aid whenever a new example of his executive fraud has been exposed. Your view on foreign policy isn't only similar to Bush's, it's even MORE obnoxious. You admitted wanted to nuke the entire middle east the day after 9/11. And you wonder why we can't stand people like you?

You voted for the moron in 2000, you deny that vast fraud was perpetrated against the American people, and you've offered beauties such as these:

Shall I continue? there's literally thousands of them... Your own words, with you running to Boy King's aid -- everything from minimizing or deflecting his blame to admiring his "charisma." :rolleyes:

Just be honest... You're on the same side of the fence with him on most issues. In fact, the only reason you pronounce you're "not a fan" of his, is because he hasn't been chickenhawkish ENOUGH.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Bush Lied, people died :rolleyes:

Gread thread. Very informative.

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's such a tired rationalization, probably originating from some blowhard at National Review.... Norm Poderhertz was never a liberal... neither was Wolfie, Cheney, Kristol... They're all for faith based initiative, class seperation, lower taxes, and hawkish foreign policy... Don't give us that crap.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Atleast you finally admit it. That's progress.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'm a Republican with some Libertarian leanings. Of course I will agree with Bush a decent amount of the time. However there are enough issues, including his big spending and, unfortunately, his intelligence which I don't like. If I liked him so much I would have voted for him in 2004.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes, you've mentioned that some 517 times. No one cares about your alleged voting record. What we're talking about is your two mouths. The one that insists you don't like Bush, and the other that defends and apologizes for him in literally thousands of threads.

11. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This turned out to be a huge waste of a thread.

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

1) Evidently you DO care because this thread is about how people like me feel about Bush.

2) Alleged. Were you in the voting booth with me.

You silly, silly child.

14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Believe it or not, their criticism of Bush is that he hasn't been conservative enough. Crazy, but true.

15. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Absolutely Correct Sey,

Bush is WAAY TO LIBERAL FOR ME!!

To borrow a line from Reagan, I would say that he spends like a drunken sailor, but that would be an insult to drunken sailors.

He has balloned the size of the federal government, and worse of all, he made the sin of actually trusting democrats (Ted Kennedy) and it blew up in his face.

Bush is the only reason why we have not been attacked again, he was steadfast on fighting the terrorists (and not bringing them into court), that I back him on.

Bush has been horribly WRONG on illegal immigration.

Bush was right to cut taxes.

What this country needs is a line item veto for the President (this Supreme Court will not throw it out), a smaller federal government, the elimination of the Department of Commerce, Education, HUD (gee lets make banks lend money to people who can't afford it, and then back it with the American taxpayers money, how could that go wrong?) end welfare completely, deport all the illegals and install a flat tax!

16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

I couldn't agree more. Bush has been good on some issues and terrible on others. I would add he did try to pass a good energy plan, but then he bought into the MMGW nonsense.

His UUSC appointments were outstanding.

he problem where he was not good on policy, Kerry and Algore were even worse.

17. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Some people do that PC, but a lot of people who have said that, including me, think that he's attacked for things that he's not to blame for. I certainly acknowledge the times that he takes blame rightfully in my opinion, but there's a fair amount of irrational stuff that is lavished upon him. Look at his poll numbers too. I think roughly 40% of people claim to be conservative; his approval numbers almost half that at times, that means that there's about 20% of people that should be his supporters that aren't.

So its not disingenuous every time you hear that phrase.

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Bds

bds

bds

:d

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oops... nope... it didn't...

welcome to modern Bizarro America... where strident Bush apologists "aren't fans"... where neocons are actually "liberals", and where tax cuts to the middle class somehow mean "more taxes"...

Con men truly are amazing...