PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm hearing rumors on Indy message boards- Peyton to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that Manning had another surgery, then the secrecy is because want to keep the fantasy that Manning will be back some time this season. He probably thinks that teams will waste time preparing for Manning when they really only have to prepare for Collins..

I could sort of see that but a post-neck surgery Manning (accounting for the lack of arm strength) is unlikely to scare anyone anyway. And like you said, almost everyone expects that he will be out. They really are living a fantasy.

I remember when Brady got hurt and I think we knew within 24 hours officially that he was done for the season. No real drama.

I could sort of see that but a post-neck surgery Manning (accounting for the lack of arm strength) is unlikely to scare anyone anyway. And like you said, almost everyone expects that he will be out. They really are living a fantasy.

I remember when Brady got hurt and I think we knew within 24 hours officially that he was done for the season. No real drama.

The situations are different. In Collins, the Colts have a time-tested vet who they know can handle an NFL offense. With the Pats, they had a relatively inexperienced 7th rounder who they knew would need all the encouragement the coaching staff could give him. It's why they cancelled those two workouts. Workouts that I believe were scheduled by McDaniels or Caserio and not Belichick.

For Polian, it's about keeping the illusion alive... ForBelichick, it was the situation and they dealt with it immeditately..

I hate that bobble-headed, indoor stat-padding, NFL rule changing (at least on his behalf), Oreo-dipping mother f'er as much as I hate anyone in the league, but remembering what we went through when QB12 went down, I feel really sorry for him and for the fans. If he misses the season what else is there to do in Indiana in the winter?

Because realistically, this team is a few skilled offensive players and a pair of DE's from being the worst team in football. I think Collins and those good skill players will be enough to get them 6-7 wins (at least until the line gets Collins killed).

And this will be his 3rd neck surgery... is this the kind of thing you come back from? He might need a neck brace for life just to keep that gigantic head from flopping around never mind the extra added weight of a helmet.

If I were the Colts I would trade Wayne for a 2nd, see what you can get for Clark maybe and shoot for Luck.

If the rumors are true, it is too bad. I never want to see anyone out for the year due to injuries. If Manning had season ending surgery, it may be time to think that his career as we know it may be done too. I would rather see age rather than injuries end his career.

On a side note, John Michael Vincent will be vindicated after taking a lot of crap for breaking the story. Hopefully, this will get that long awaited Airwolf revival off the ground. At the very least, he might reteam with Burt Reynolds for Hooper 2.

Sorry, trying to keep the mood light considering the potential outcome is grim.

I don't understand all the Colt's front office secrecy then. If he's out, he's out. What's the point?
If he is out for the season and you admit it fans will start to stay away in droves.
At 0-7 Colt fans will be saying they can still win it all if Manning comes back.

Would they trade Wayne to the Pats?I would give them a second.:D

Would they trade Wayne to the Pats?I would give them a second.:D

OK, I officially changed my tune from Polamalu trade to Reggie Wayne trade to pats.

Yep, you heard it here first ;) :D

He might need a neck brace for life just to keep that gigantic head from flopping around never mind the extra added weight of a helmet.

LOL :D 10 char

If he is out for the season and you admit it fans will start to stay away in droves.
At 0-7 Colt fans will be saying they can still win it all if Manning comes back.

Ahhhh, this does have the ring of truth to it.

Especially with that team. He is their whole team.

Ahhhh, this does have the ring of truth to it.

Especially with that team. He is their whole team.

Which is why it's hard to knock any of his MVP's. Theoretically he could be MVP every year because their isn't another player that you can remove from their team and have as big an impact.

I could see the Colts winning 5 games if he misses the year.

Which is why it's hard to knock any of his MVP's. Theoretically he could be MVP every year because their isn't another player that you can remove from their team and have as big an impact.

I could see the Colts winning 5 games if he misses the year.
It's MVP for the league, not MVP for a team.

If the rumors are true, it is too bad. I never want to see anyone out for the year due to injuries. If Manning had season ending surgery, it may be time to think that his career as we know it may be done too. I would rather see age rather than injuries end his career.

On a side note, John Michael Vincent will be vindicated after taking a lot of crap for breaking the story. Hopefully, this will get that long awaited Airwolf revival off the ground. At the very least, he might reteam with Burt Reynolds for Hooper 2.

Sorry, trying to keep the mood light considering the potential outcome is grim.

have you SEEN a recent picture of Jan Michael Vincent???

not good...

jan-michael-vincent-today.jpg

It's MVP for the league, not MVP for a team.

Yes, but you are valuable by helping your team win not by helping the league win. You would think this would be self-evident. The MVP of the league is the player who helps his team the most.

have you SEEN a recent picture of Jan Michael Vincent???

not good...

jan-michael-vincent-today.jpg

He actually looks kind of like Nick Nolte on a good day.

Yes, but you are valuable by helping your team win not by helping the league win. You would think this would be self-evident. The MVP of the league is the player who helps his team the most.
You're right in that a player's performance is valuable in helping a team win but that still doesn't reward the player who is most valuable to the league, not a singular team.

MVP of the league is not the same as MVP for a team nor should it be.

You're right in that a player's performance is valuable in helping a team win but that still doesn't reward the player who is most valuable to the league, not a singular team.

MVP of the league is not the same as MVP for a team nor should it be.

How can you be most valuable to the league? You sell the most jerseys? If you are saying that the award has turned into the "who put up the best stats" award, then you have a point. It still doesn't mean they were the most valuable because you cannot be valuable to the league!

How can you be most valuable to the league? You sell the most jerseys? If you are saying that the award has turned into the "who put up the best stats" award, then you have a point. It still doesn't mean they were the most valuable because you cannot be valuable to the league!
I feel like I'm going back and forth with an oaf right now. A consistent and high level of performance adjudged by industry experts is a pretty simple way of determining the NFL MVP (as is the current system).

And at the end of the day quite a bit of Manning's valuableness is based on the kind of team Polian chose to build around him. Build a deeper, more balanced team and and any run of the mill so called elite QB :)rolleyes:) could manage to win a Lombardi with them, not to mention dominate the AFCS. Hell, Eli won with the Giants almost in spite of himself...Dilfer did with the Ravens...

Manning should not gain MVP votes just because Polian chooses backups who have no business being on an NFL roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back