Welcome to PatsFans.com

I'm gunna do it... we're going 19-0 next year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Snarf, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarf

Snarf Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

Brady and the rest of the pats have got to be pissed with the end of this season.

Brady's going to be like Rocky this offseason. Same with Wes. And everyone else who could have done better.

Grank and Hernandez should be moving into their prime. We've got good cap and draft prospects. At the end of the season we saw some sparks of play making in Moore and Spikes.

We've got McDaniels back, who did brilliant things in 2007. He's hungry for revenge from the end of that season too.

Nothing like a little defeat and a little mockery to stoke the fires.

2012 will be a historical year for BB + TB.

A big middle finger to the rest of the league.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I want to be on board with this, but IMO this would mean Belichick would draft impact guys and sign impact player free agents. If there's any time to do so, it's now.

I want to watch the world burn next season.:mad:
  3. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 10 / -9

I honestly have been having this feeling as well. The way the rest of the world, and even the NFL itself, has been so disrespectfully treating this loss is unheard of in Super Bowl history. I imagine BB is burning inside right now to give a huge middle finger to the NFL.
  4. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Would be nice, but I'd settle for the trophy.
  5. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Give me 9-7 and a trophy.

Really, I do think we'll kick some major ass in the regular season. But that's not the part of the season I am worried about.
  6. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Meanwhile, on Fantasy Island....
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -4

Since last spring I've thought there was another undefeated regular season coming, but this time with the undefeated postseason as well.

My thought on this year was 12-14 wins and SB contention, and I was expecting back-to-back SB titles to come.

I was right on this season. Now I'm hoping the rest is proven accurate as well. :)
  8. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

With that schedule, one tall fast wr and one impact defensive player added, pats at least go 16-0
  9. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

I'm pretty sure this board could not handle a 9-7 regular season.
  10. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We wouldn't and I'm sure we'd be worried going into the playoffs. But if it comes with a trophy while playing with nothing to lose, no one will mind.
  11. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady is getting too old to hold up fully healthy for 19 games.

After the Patriots reeled off the 15 straight to close out '03, I thought that they could be the first team to accomplish the undefeated season. Sadly, their best and probably only attempt coincided with the Spygate foolishness and the FU TD scorefests that engendered nothing but bad will.

That ship has sailed. Soon a few other ships will be setting sail. I only hope for some Glorious moments before then. Maybe even a Championship. I'm not holding my breath for the latter. Odds are, it will not ever happen. Too much has to fall right.
  12. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good lord are you all serious?

Stop acting like the Pats are immune, and destined for greatness. There were some games this year that shouldn't have been difficult but were hard fought wins, and even some tough losses.
  13. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This guy is right, let's all be "realistic" and only harp on the negative things, so we can all say we are 100 percent objective and not homers. All the negativity can ONLY help.

Syke.

Go pats, such an easy schedule its almost unfair to the rest of the teams
  14. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

With the roster as is,there's no chance of that happening. How you can make a prediction like that before the offseason even starts is beyond me. Now if we have an offseason like '07 and add a playmaker on each side of the ball where it is sorely needed as well as a future HOF then we'll talk.
  15. LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady

LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 2 / -0

Even with the current roster and the schedule for the 2012 season, I agree with 19-0!
  16. Boomer B

Boomer B Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Talent wise we are not even close to the best team in football. This may have been the best chance for a Super Bowl.

The Patriots need to address WR, pass rush, and secondary. It's a must. Giants came out publicly and said they were not worried at all about the deep ball. We need an outside WR who can stretch the field. I say look at V.Jackson or D. Bowe. If they want top $, I would love to see us take a shot at S.Johnson. We can get a top WR in FA. We should also look at a vet CB or FS in FA to shore up the secondary, and also draft a corner who has size.

I also think we need to change our Offense a bit. Brady is entering the later years of his career and we need to take the pressure off him. We need to run the ball more and do so more in power formations. Is Ridley the type of RB that can carry the load? Running from power formations will also open up the play action a whole lot more.

I think the Pats will get between 12 -14 wins next year. I could see them losing the Ravens and the Texans games, and then possibly 1 or 2 division games. The Afc is the weaker conference now, and I see the Texans as the biggest challenge. The problem is that even if we make it to the Super Bowl, the Pats would probably be the weaker team. The Packers, Saints, & Giants all are more talented teams. Even the 49ers are on par with us now. 19-0 is not gonna happen, but I think we have a shot at returning to the big game.
  17. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fixed...;)
  18. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

The only thing I want at this point is to win Super Bowl 47. If we go 19-0 so be it but the biggest priority is the Super Bowl. Period.
  19. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 4 / -10

this manner of thinking goes against the grain of a fan's 'patriot way' of thinking

you should really only be concerned with getting out of bed tomorrow morning
  20. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

this thread goes on JI and GG and is made fun of in 5.4.3.2...........
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.